• You cannot reply to this topic

oass5 press release nov1 soldier gear 10k in prizes Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   matsau 

• blackthorn of ground zero
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:sniperfodder

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:48 PM

SOLDIER GEAR has done an amazing job to make this last oass event of 08 AMAZING. Please come out all to watch the craziness unfold at soldier gear this weekend nov 1 at the field in angus. Direction can be found on their website (http://www.soldier-gear.ca/). Also OASS is just about at the max cap of 12 teams so if any teams are interested call al at SG or Marc at GZ or use the direction to register on the website(www.oass.ca). This last oass of 08 is shaping out to be out of this world so come out anyone and witness an amazing pball event.

field layout for OASS5

solder gear have made a huge slaughter house that they are calling the" command center" it will have satellite dishes on the roof and contain a first aid room. This room will be crucial in reviving the chopper pilot that will be recovered from the chopper. Soldier gear has built a 30 ft giant rocket at the 50, it can be entered through a door or you can play the fins....it's sick!

PICTURE TO BE ADDED SOON (also pic can be found on SG website)
http://www.soldier-gear.ca/

also the field has sniper towers which are a full 16ft tall....these monsters are key in locking down the chopper!
SG has also constructed a full size chopper, it turned out wicked as well.

Story line

the GOVERNMENT has sent an expert team of special agents to a remote location that contains a nuclear rocket. The rocket is owned by the same drug cartel who's packages were recovered at OASS 4. The drug lord is very upset and wants to launch this rocket in retaliation of the recent drug raids that occured. The nuclear rocket has been located in a farmers field hidden by hay bales and protected by sniper towers. It is set for launch in 10 minutes . GOVERNMENT undercover agent was trying to make his get away in an on site chopper but was injured in his escape attempt. He is the only person ( aside from the drug lord) who has the codes to diffuse the rocket. It is imperative that the GOVERNMENT rescue the pilot, get him to the first aid station in the command center, retrieve the codes and disarm the rocket.

The objectives:
1. Rescue the chopper pilot. This is a full sized 160 pound dummy that will need to be dragged across the field to the command centers first aid room. Pilot can be dragged by any team member but must be " revived" in first aid room by team medic. Medic will get the codes, but can pass on this information to anyone.

2. Revive the pilot and retrieve the rocket codes. The rocket codes will actually disarm the real bomb that SG has built which requires the colored switches be set in the correct sequence or the bomb will explode ( siren sounds).

3. Make your way out of the command center to the rocket, enter through the door, and disarm bomb using codes.
Finish all tasks in time allotted for maximum points.

Plan B. also can be executed (in case medic is dead before pilot is healed)....there is a LAW Rocket launcher located in the second room of the command center. A co2 cartridge can be found in the pocket of the chopper pilot ( demo to all teams can be done prior to start of event) Take co2 cartridge from pilot and insert into LAW Rocket. Fire LAW at power grid located near the chopper to shut down all power to nuclear rocket and command center. Rocket is now disabled and game ends.

PLAN A
Rescue pilot from chopper 10 pts ( he may never make it to command center)

Successfully put pilot in first aid room( on cot) and get codes 10pts ( remember medic responsibilites)

Exit command center and enter rocket to successfully difuse bomb 20 pts

PLAN B
Successfully get co2 to rockert 10

Successfully fire LAW rocket launcher and hit power grid 15 pts

surviving players 5 pts each(9)--total 45

Medic alive 15 pts

max total plan A 100 points
bonus plan b max 25 points

Overall MAX TOTAL 125 points

pics of field and layout

Helicopter
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Command Center
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sniper Towers
Posted Image

Rocket
Posted Image

Bunkers
Posted Image

looking down a lane
Posted Image
Posted Image

Field Layout
Posted Image

This post has been edited by matsau: 30 October 2008 - 05:58 AM

www.oass.ca

#2 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:03 PM

Angus is a bit out of the way for me but it sounds like fun. Maybe I'll be able to make it next year.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#3 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:11 PM

Wow! Very nice event- almost makes me wish I was Canadian... almost. :) Kidding! No hammer, Puz!

Sounds cool and hope everyone who goes has fun. We need more U.S. events like this.
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#4 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:50 PM

You aren't cool enough to be Canadian. And why field dress a moose... we eat them while riding 'em.

That's how we eat Bison down here, Puz. And by Maple Leaf Club, I meant Canadians as a nationality... not hockey. I should have realized I'd have to explain it more slowly and clearly to a Canadian.

You DO know your country is really Canad. When they asked someone to spell it, they said C-A-N-A-D... eh? And Viola, CanadA was born. ;)

This post has been edited by Violator: 29 October 2008 - 02:14 PM

This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#5 User is offline   matsau 

• PipPip

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:41 PM

will be in us next season had alot of interest about it at world cup. next year will be huge for oass and ufo series
www.oass.ca

#6 User is offline   matsau 

• PipPip

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:46 PM

forgot prizes are
(could be some changes with things added by soldier gear)
over 10 k in prizes

1st place 10 invert mini
2nd 10 sp1 with maxflow LE not on market
3rd 10 warsensor wsf with front shroud and stock plus light vest and molle backpack

special prize 10 gorrila airtanks and 10 tactical vest

we have 12 teams in this event

price is 400 per team 80 a case
bt grenades at 5 bucks per grenade
all info can be found at www.oass.ca
www.oass.ca

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users