Hit Question Annoyed, want more opinions Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:JTPaintball70

Posted 28 May 2006 - 10:44 PM

Ok, here's the setup:
I am in a volcano like hill (with a depression in the top) and I have 3 tangos (rainbow 6 type game :P) in the building to my 11 o clock. They are firing at me to keep my head down and one round hits a rock in front of me. A piece of the SHELL that was pretty big landed on my sleeve and the ref calls me out for it. How would you have done this...

When I tried to tell the ref that it was only a part of a shell he accused me of cheating. I have never done that as the players at our field know, so I didn't bother even arguing farther because it wasn't worth an official warning.
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#2 User is offline   Ren 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Ren

Posted 28 May 2006 - 10:48 PM

That sucks bad luck. You did the right thing you listened to the ref and went out. I dont think that you could have done anything else. Like I said it sucks but I think you did the right thing by going out when the ref called it.

#3 User is offline   elfboy382 

• Raid Pillage and Plunder, but only on tuesdays.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:elfboy382

Posted 29 May 2006 - 08:32 AM

Sometimes refs make bad calls, im not ashamed to say IVE made bad calls. Refs are humans, and humans make mistakes.
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last nite, or that you got a ticket on the way there.. your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. Paintball 4 life..

#4 User is offline   Delta Tyler 

• Putting the Ill in Illiterate
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Delta Heretic

Posted 29 May 2006 - 11:25 AM

If it was just shell, then he was wrong. If it was shell + paint and about the size of a quarter, then yeah, you were out. Even if it was splatter, and it was larger than the size of a quarter with shell, I would have called you out.

#5 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 29 May 2006 - 11:27 AM

The paint didnt hit you directly, its a lot like when you land on a broken paintball, I would have told him it hit a rock and if he still says im out I would go out.

#6 User is offline   Charon 

• Tippinators.com
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Charon

Posted 29 May 2006 - 11:30 AM

View PostDelta Heretic, on May 29 2006, 03:25 PM, said:

If it was just shell, then he was wrong. If it was shell + paint and about the size of a quarter, then yeah, you were out. Even if it was splatter, and it was larger than the size of a quarter with shell, I would have called you out.
What Heretic said. The paint must be at least the size of a quarter to count as a hit.

In your case I would take the bad call. Leave the field and then politely bring it to the refs attention later. I always do stuff like that one on one so the ref doesn't think I am trying to embarrass him.

#7 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JTPaintball70

Posted 30 May 2006 - 12:09 AM

I talked to him today (first chance I had to) and he apologized about it... apparently we had some people wiping and blind shooting that he was in a rush to get to... I was a side call on his way it looks like. Oh well, things happen B) I should know better by now to not post when annoyed :P
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#8 User is offline   JLobes 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:JLobes

Posted 30 May 2006 - 05:06 PM

I feel for you man. It's easy to go out when you get hit, but it takes a good paintballer to listen to a ref when he's wrong. Kudos. :blink:

This post has been edited by JLobes: 30 May 2006 - 05:07 PM

#9 User is offline   ironwasp 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ironwasp

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:12 PM

kudos again we know occasionally we make wrong calls ill admit i have as well but if i had you on the field and you cooperate with me i gurantee ill give you the benefit of the doubt next time something like that happens. Its all about respect
i will give up my marker only after you pry my cold rigid fingers from the trigger

#10 User is offline   Ruckus Fox 

• Cutie! ^-^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ruckus Fox

Posted 01 June 2006 - 08:43 PM

Eh, you should actually post about it. Or atleast tell someone. Vent to someone. That way it's out of your system and you'll think less of it in the future.

I would have just calmly told that ref "Think if it were a real bullet...If a fragmented or flattened bullet tip simply 'landed' on my arm after it hit, would it kill me?...No...." it'd probably sting like hell though! :P

--Ruckus

#11 User is offline   ION Master 

• Formaly known as tippy mann
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:tippy mann

Posted 03 June 2006 - 06:11 PM

We all make bad calls sometimes man. He was just in a rush. Sometimes reffing can be just as hard as the game. We ALWAYS have to be vigilant and watching multiple people at once. But I would have prolly called you out if I didn't know you well (like not a ragular at the field or what not). But if I knew you and you had a good rep I would let it slide...cuse I'm nice like that.

#12 User is offline   vertigo 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Vertigo 1*

Posted 10 June 2006 - 08:05 PM

I'd call you out, and I wouldn't look back
Ref's are so fed up with cheating, I have called people out for stuff w/o a shell on it if I thought they looked like trouble. If the player argues, send him to the head ref (or boss)
If you're head ref doesn't back you up, he either hates you, or you made a seriously stupid call. Then apologize, however, 99 percent of the time the head ref will agree with you.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users