• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A remote question Will I loose the amount of shots I get? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Npfiremedic107 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 December 2008 - 11:29 AM

Will i loose the amount of shots I get out of a tank by using a remote? I just got one today for my A-5 that I'm still using co2 on I was testing it with a used tank and it made the fart sound like it was spent. I then hooked it directly to my friends MR1 and it got like another 50-60 shots in full auto. It this because of the diffrent markers or the remote?

#2 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 01 December 2008 - 11:36 AM

if you're using CO2, your consistency will actually improve, because the remote acts like an expansion chamber. You may not have screwed the on/off on all the way and the A5 wasnt getting enough air. You might get like 3 or 4 less shots, because of the gas that stays in the remote because there is no more pressure to push it into the gun(because the tank is empty), but not 50 like you said. You also said it was a used tank. It may not have been filled all the way, and the A5 might operate on a slightly higher pressure than the Mr1

This post has been edited by -SMITTY-: 01 December 2008 - 11:38 AM

#3 User is offline   Npfiremedic107 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 01 December 2008 - 11:53 AM

Thanks that really helps and makes sence.

#4 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 01 December 2008 - 12:24 PM

View PostNpfiremedic107, on Dec 1 2008, 01:29 PM, said:

Will i loose the amount of shots I get out of a tank by using a remote? I just got one today for my A-5 that I'm still using co2 on I was testing it with a used tank and it made the fart sound like it was spent. I then hooked it directly to my friends MR1 and it got like another 50-60 shots in full auto. It this because of the diffrent markers or the remote?

Once you open the valve on the tank, some tank pressure is released into the remote. The gas between the two devices is trying to reach equilibrium. You have not lost gas by volume between the remote and tank, but pressure, and less pressure is available to charge the marker. Some markers have different charging characteristics, so another style of marker might deliver more or less shots with the same gas pressure.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Not_You 

• Lather, Rinse, Repeat as Desired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:98customizer

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:54 AM

not necessarily, if he has his tank sideways or upside-down, it would flood the remote line and give him total crap for efficiency.
that might explain something...i'm not totally sure B)
Group: Banned #2
Pirate - "Seriously, I hope you hit this kid over the head with something very, very heavy. Like a truck."

#6 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:04 AM

View PostNot_You, on Dec 10 2008, 03:54 AM, said:

not necessarily, if he has his tank sideways or upside-down, it would flood the remote line and give him total crap for efficiency.
that might explain something...i'm not totally sure :unsure:

i dont think that would be the problem. Even with the tank upside down, and if liquid CO2 got into the remote, it still has about 6 feet of remote line to get through, plus the gun. Plenty of room to expand.

#7 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:36 AM

In the right conditions liquid can make it completely through the remote line. It is more difficult, but some people run Montneels (liquid CO2 markers) from a remote. If the tank is inverted its as good as using a siphon tank.

In response to the topic it is partially due to different markers. The MR1 might have the ability to operate at a slightly lower pressure. What is more likely is that your CO2 tank warmed up a little bit in the time period between when you switched the tank. When CO2 warms up its output pressure increases. It might have increased enough to give you those extra few shots.

A remote line does cause you to loose a few (5-15ish maybe) shots just because of the gas stored in the line which is lost when you degas the marker. That amount does not change depending on the marker. However many shots you loose will change depending on the efficiency of the marker.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users