• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Mom dying

#1 User is offline   xWashburnx 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:43 PM

im a teen and my mom may be dying.... shes got kidney diasese and now a tumor in her neck..... not sure if its benign......
Im not sure what ill do if she dies..... i dont think i can handle it....... nothings for sure but im really worried
Put this in your sig if your a boss....

#2 User is offline   Soyeahwatsup 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SGTWHITEY

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:53 PM

dang...I hope she gets better. Hang in there kid

#3 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:01 PM

be there for her, in whatever she might need ... and do your best to keep her attitude optimistic, and yours. it may not be much, but trust me ... your strength will be something that she will feed off of in the times that follow.

hang in there dude... moms are the greatest resource in this world, be a resource for her

#4 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:04 PM

Trust me, you can handle it. It'll be rough for a very long while though. It'll be easier if you have other family members, or good friends, to lean on.

You might be new to the forum but we are a family and someone is always here for you to talk with.

For now though, you need to remain positive and hopeful even if it's only for your mother. I know you're scared, but imagine what she's going through.

Hell, the "tumor" on her neck is probably goitre and can easily be treated with thyroid meds.

Kidney problems? Yeah those can be bad. Have you looked in to being a possible donor for her? If you do give opne to her that's some major leverage there. She starts crabbing about your room or grades, all you have to say is, "I gave you a kidney and this is the thanks I get?" :P That trumps her "I spent 92 hours in labor with you".
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#5 User is offline   Invictusone 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Invictusone

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:39 PM

all i can say is stay strong. Try to keep hope when other lose it. if you can embody strength, your mother can draw hope and strength from you.

I will keep you in my prayers/thoughts
I'm not out here to glorify myself
If you are a Christian paintballer add this to your signature
Automaggot 150
--------------------------------------------------------------
My feedback: http://forum.special...howtopic=184491

#6 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:05 PM

Here is my recommendation. (Coming from someone that has been there, and went through losing a parent)

Don't focus on the fact that she is sick. Yes it will be in your mind, as it should, but don't focus on it. Treat her as she is well, and don't bring it up unless she brings it up. If you stay strong for her, she will want to fight it even more, you just have to keep her going. Keep her morale up and don't let her give up!

As far as you know, the tumor could be nothing at all!

When it comes to the kidney, is she needing a transplant or is it something that can be fixed with some surgery? More information might put your mind at ease! But don't be pushy in getting information!

In the end, just be positive and keep your head up! If she sees you being brought down by it, it will just bring her down too. So be strong, be supportive, and don't give up!
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#7 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:24 AM

That sucks... good luck.

#8 User is offline   xWashburnx 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:17 PM

thanks for the support.... i have good news too... they went to test the tumor and said even if it is cancer that type is super treatable
Put this in your sig if your a boss....

#9 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:21 PM

FANTASTIC !! that is good news .. keep your chin up. any more word on the kidney problem, and its seriousness ?

#10 User is offline   gypsycurse 

• Customer Service/Sales
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:06 PM

Hey, I totally feel your pain, my mom was diagnosed with Melanoma ( skin cancer ) and she had to go through treatments for an entire year, I found this out when I was 15, I had an extremely difficult time dealing with this and I still do. My mom was never put in remission and my grandmother died a few years after my mom was diagnose from Esophagus cancer. My mom later found out that she has Thyroid cancer and can not treat the cancer just put it at bay, they had to take her thyroid out and she has a very difficult time with this but is a freaking super hero about it! I know it's very difficult to deal with but a lot of people like my mother pull through these kinds of things everyday and she is living proof of it. Although she still has a difficult time feeling well she lives everyday happy that she is still here! If you ever wanna talk, feel free to PM me, I am always more then happy to talk with you.

#11 User is offline   Invictusone 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Invictusone

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:13 PM

View PostxWashburnx, on Mar 9 2010, 07:17 PM, said:

thanks for the support.... i have good news too... they went to test the tumor and said even if it is cancer that type is super treatable

Thats awesome to hear, and remember to be strong.

My prayers/thoughts go out to you.
I'm not out here to glorify myself
If you are a Christian paintballer add this to your signature
Automaggot 150
--------------------------------------------------------------
My feedback: http://forum.special...howtopic=184491

#12 User is offline   robin92490 

• Brownie Points- 160
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:robin92490

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:00 PM

View Postgypsycurse, on Mar 11 2010, 02:06 PM, said:

Hey, I totally feel your pain, my mom was diagnosed with Melanoma ( skin cancer ) and she had to go through treatments for an entire year, I found this out when I was 15, I had an extremely difficult time dealing with this and I still do. My mom was never put in remission and my grandmother died a few years after my mom was diagnose from Esophagus cancer. My mom later found out that she has Thyroid cancer and can not treat the cancer just put it at bay, they had to take her thyroid out and she has a very difficult time with this but is a freaking super hero about it! I know it's very difficult to deal with but a lot of people like my mother pull through these kinds of things everyday and she is living proof of it. Although she still has a difficult time feeling well she lives everyday happy that she is still here! If you ever wanna talk, feel free to PM me, I am always more then happy to talk with you.

My mom had her thyroid removed due to cancer as well, and like you said theres many people that pull through things like this.

Washburn, just keep hoping for the best. My moms been through the ringer, she had thryoid cancer, and cervical cancer, and got through both of them. With the way things are these days with medicine, shes got good chances of being ok. :huh:
<3 Will/Ghostinthewood

I secretly like Teddy more than anyone.

#13 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:04 PM

Just found out a few minutes ago my mother has kidney problems too. She needs more testing to determine what and how bad though. The doctor thinks it might be bacterial... All she knows for sure is that her Creatinine are way above what's considered "normal high".
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#14 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:26 PM

View PostPuzuma, on Mar 15 2010, 07:04 PM, said:

Just found out a few minutes ago my mother has kidney problems too. She needs more testing to determine what and how bad though. The doctor thinks it might be bacterial... All she knows for sure is that her Creatinine are way above what's considered "normal high".

so is bacterial treatable with antibiotics ?

good luck, and keep us posted

#15 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:45 PM

I guess it would depend on what the bacteria (if that's what it really) is. I know she has diabetes and that creatinine can indicate type 2 diabetes in some cases so it COULD just be that. Just have to wait and see what the next round of tests say.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users