Blackcell MOLLE pod pack pic? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   jsn 

• woodwose
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:woodwose

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:41 PM

http://www.specialopspaintball.com/shop/pr...mp;SEARCH=MOLLE

No photo, but sounds nifty. What is this?

jsn
Is you fat cats, or lab rats?

#2 User is offline   Twistedpsyche 

• God wills it!!!!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Twistedpsyche

Posted 08 January 2008 - 08:56 AM

This is the one I designed. Coroner said they liked it so much they were puting it in to production. I was wondering when that would be.
Basically what happened was I got tired of using a vest all the time, but I like to be able to customize my podpack. I had Coroner make me a pod pack with 3 rows of MOLLE plus I had him make it with flaps in the front that closed with buckles. Kinda like a vest in the front so you can add either a radio pouch or a couple nades or something like that. I had D rings added in case I wanted to add suspenders. I hope they made it wrap around a little bit longer than my custom one. It really needs to be about one coloumn of MOLLE longer in the front.

On the back section of MOLLE I also had him build it with interlock so that I could use just about any accessory that I wanted. It's really cool and if it's still like mine is then it's worth every penny.
psy·che (sie-kee) n.
The mind functioning as the center of thought, emotion, and behavior and consciously or unconsciously mediating the body's responses to the social and physical environment.
MY FEEDBACK

#3 User is offline   The Joker898 

• SpecOps GFXT #1
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:54 AM

Wow thats cool Twisted. I wonder if you will get any kind of income since it was "your" idea... just a thought
"I see nothing wrong with sarcasm. But, for the good of the Forum, maybe I'll try and turn over a new leaf, and be more like you Aussie. Except I won't post extremely profane videos with graphic violence. - Ashrak"

#4 User is offline   Twistedpsyche 

• God wills it!!!!
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:27 PM

View PostThe Joker898, on Jan 8 2008, 11:54 AM, said:

Wow thats cool Twisted. I wonder if you will get any kind of income since it was "your" idea... just a thought

Hahahahaha, that would be cool, but I wouldn't count on it. Although I wouldn't mind some free specops stuff. :unsure:
psy·che (sie-kee) n.
The mind functioning as the center of thought, emotion, and behavior and consciously or unconsciously mediating the body's responses to the social and physical environment.
MY FEEDBACK

#5 User is offline   THE NAMELESS 

• Cooler Than Average
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:-Q-

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:04 PM

Dude, this sounds like a great idea for someone who just wants to run with a tank and doesn't want a leg pouch, AKA snipers! :dodgy:

#6 User is offline   Twistedpsyche 

• God wills it!!!!
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:50 PM

View PostTHE NAMELESS, on Jan 9 2008, 09:04 PM, said:

Dude, this sounds like a great idea for someone who just wants to run with a tank and doesn't want a leg pouch, AKA snipers! :D

It is a great idea, that's why I came up with it. :D
I got tired of wearing my vest for smaller games, it was not as maneuverable and that sort of thing. I currently have it set up with 2 2+1 interlock pouches on the back, plus a vertical air pouch. So that allows me to carry 6 pods and my air. On the front I have a battle swab holder and a radio pouch. I could easily swap out a 'nade pouch for the front.

It really kicks butt. Since I had coroner make this thing for me I have not used my vest, I may sell it.
psy·che (sie-kee) n.
MY FEEDBACK

#7 Guest_Coroner_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 January 2008 - 02:18 PM

The Blackcell MOLLE Pod Pack gives you the functionality and versatility of MOLLE in a small, lightweight package. The Pack is constructed with 1/8” closed cell foam to add comfort and features three rows of PALS webbing and a strip of Interlock to take advantage of some of the load out you already have. This pack is compatible with the Blackcell line of MOLLE/Interlock Paintball Gear.

Back View
Posted Image

Front View
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Coroner: 10 January 2008 - 02:23 PM

#8 User is offline   jsn 

• woodwose
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:woodwose

Posted 10 January 2008 - 02:41 PM

View PostCoroner, on Jan 10 2008, 02:18 PM, said:

The Blackcell MOLLE Pod Pack gives you the functionality and versatility of MOLLE in a small, lightweight package. The Pack is constructed with 1/8” closed cell foam to add comfort and features three :wacko:rows of PALS webbing and a strip of Interlock to take advantage of some of the load out you already have. This pack is compatible with the Blackcell line of MOLLE/Interlock Paintball Gear.

Neato mosquito. I use a low-tech version of this setup - a plain old web belt with MOLLE pouches on it. I use 3X100 pods in an M4 pouch from cheaperthandirt (cheap!), plus a specops radio pouch, plus a MOLLE gatget pouch for gun oil, tools, etc. I use on-gun air, otherwise something like this would be ideal.

jsn
Is you fat cats, or lab rats?

#9 User is offline   THE NAMELESS 

• Cooler Than Average
  • PipPip

Posted 10 January 2008 - 04:35 PM

That's pretty much the coolest pod pack I've ever seen. Props Psyche, I'll have to slap one on my next order for sure!

#10 User is offline   Twistedpsyche 

• God wills it!!!!
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:04 PM

View PostTHE NAMELESS, on Jan 10 2008, 04:35 PM, said:

That's pretty much the coolest pod pack I've ever seen. Props Psyche, I'll have to slap one on my next order for sure!

Thanks.

You definitely should. Mine was custom made so it was pretty much double the price. That is EXACTLY what mine looks like. The one difference is mine does not have the closed cell foam. Hmmm might have to buy another. Although I did have them make mine with a "loop" type material on the inside so I could add a lumbar pad I already had. Closed cell foam is a good idea though.

I've had mine since.... oh I wanna say september or Oct. I've used it about 3 or 4 times including one scenario. The thing kicks butt!!!

And just to show I'm telling the truth, here is a pic of how I have mine set up at the moment:

Posted Image
psy·che (sie-kee) n.
MY FEEDBACK

#11 User is offline   Sp.Ed 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:09 PM

This is a sexy pack, that is of course until you put it on...... :P

This post has been edited by Sped-SR: 10 January 2008 - 06:10 PM

The opinions and statements expressed on this site are mine alone and are not sanctioned or approved by my Employer. I also assume all legal liability for those statements.

#12 User is offline   THE NAMELESS 

• Cooler Than Average
  • PipPip

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:38 PM

That's just the vest tank pouch right? I'm thinking about doing that and just mounting it horizontally.

#13 User is offline   Twistedpsyche 

• God wills it!!!!
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:47 PM

View PostSped-SR, on Jan 10 2008, 06:09 PM, said:

This is a sexy pack, that is of course until you put it on...... :rolleyes:

That's not what you said the other night!! :P

View PostTHE NAMELESS, on Jan 10 2008, 06:38 PM, said:

That's just the vest tank pouch right? I'm thinking about doing that and just mounting it horizontally.

I thought about doing that, but it would not allow me to have it set up like that AND fit all the pods that I have on there. Also doing that would throw the balance way off. Wearing it like this it is well balanced, stable and I can fit 6 pods if I need them.
psy·che (sie-kee) n.
MY FEEDBACK

#14 User is offline   THE NAMELESS 

• Cooler Than Average
  • PipPip

Posted 10 January 2008 - 07:59 PM

Yeah, forgot about that whole balance thing. :mellow:
But just a vertical tank would do nicely for using my Q-Bow.

#15 User is offline   Gilman 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Gilman aka Gila Monster

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:45 PM

Here's my setup. I tried the interlock on it and didn't like it at all. I got the molle pod holders and they are great on this. It is very comfortable. I dont even use the cummerbun. I Don't know about the 1/8" closed cell foam in there, it's hard to tell. They probably should have gone with 1/4" closed cell foam on the back and 1/8" around the sides to the front to give it a little rigidity. Overall It's just right for me and if I want to expand it with more stuff I can, there's tons of Molle accessories out there.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Black ULE Automag w/ .689 / .692 CP barrel, ULT, Lvl 10 kit, DOP drop w/ on/off, Black Apache Ricochet hopper, & 68/4500 Crossfire HPA tank.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users