• You cannot reply to this topic

E-grip on 98C worth it? PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE

#1 User is offline   B-boo 

• Behold the Proteus.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:B-Boo

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:20 AM

Sorry, I accidentally posted this in the wrong place. I moved the thread to here. PLEASE HELP!

Alright, I have been playing paintball for 6 years and I have a 98 C (see below)

Attached File  pic1.JPG (34.33K)
Number of downloads: 0 Attached File  original.jpg (417.13K)
Number of downloads: 1 Attached File  pic3.JPG (38.21K)
Number of downloads: 1

I haven't really done anything with it as far as upgrading it lately but I have been going to the local paintball field and getting my butt whooped by the speed ballers.I know that there is little hope in upping the bps up ANYWHERE close to an ego lol. But, every little bit helps right? I do not want to go the route of getting a response trigger and I was wondering if the egrip for the 98C is worth it? Does it work well? What have been your experiences? ALSO the big question is does it work manually if the battery goes dead can I still shoot semi-auto? I don't want to get it if I have to worry about that. I do run Compressed Air so CO2 is not an issue. I am just wanting to see how it would impact the reliability of my 98C. If it isn't worth it I won't worry about it. Give me your thoughts,

I JUST HEARD THAT THE E TRIGGER DOES NOT WORK WITH OLDER 98C'S is this true!?!

This post has been edited by B-boo: 18 November 2009 - 10:29 AM

"Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, others achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them."- William Shakespeare

PTI Certified Basic Airsmith #2773 : UE Paintball Club Member

#2 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:16 AM

The old 98c Grips are not milled out to allow for an e-grip. Big pic here but it's the best example.

Posted Image

The Tippmann board sucks. Get an Advanced Paintball Electronics Rampage Board (APE) board.

http://www.tippmannparts.com/Tippmann-98-C...oards-s/746.htm

#3 User is offline   B-boo 

• Behold the Proteus.
  • PipPip

Posted 18 November 2009 - 03:27 PM

thanks, that solves most of my problems. I guess I won't be getting the e-grip for my 98C it is too old to have the new milling in the receiver :happy:. oh well. I really don't want to do the response trigger, but I want to have your guys input for it. Is it worth it to get a response trigger? Does it work well with Comp Air? Should I not even worry about it? lol Thanks,
"Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, others achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them."- William Shakespeare

#4 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 18 November 2009 - 03:30 PM

With the money you spend to increase your firepower, it might be worth selling your 98 and buying something that can achieve higher ROF's. I personally don't care for the response triggers, as they seem uncontrollable and sloppy.
-Ty

#5 User is offline   B-boo 

• Behold the Proteus.
  • PipPip

Posted 18 November 2009 - 03:41 PM

From what I have seen on my friends markers that have the RP I would agree with you totally. i just can't imagine spending any more money on my Tippmann than I have.... and I HAVE spent money..... :happy: so much.... but I really think I have fared pretty well with my current rate of fire. There is no use, in my humble opinion, of trying to use a marker that has been built for scenario/woods-ball in a game designed for a completely different kind of marker. Thanks for everyone's thoughts and keep them coming I am still not sure on what to do.

#6 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:50 AM

What do you plan on doing within the sport as far as your playing goes? Are you more of a rec player, a scenario and big game player, or are you wanting to get into the tournament scene?

If you are more the rec player or the scenario and big game player the fix is easy. When on the speedball courses use no longer than a 12 inch barrel and keep your stock fully collapsed. Snap shooting and fluid movements are your keys to success when going up against superior fire power. You may be out gunned in the BPS department, but if you can out maneuver them you can still come out ahead.

If you are wanting to get into the tournament scene a little more, then the fix might get pricey. Sure you can use your 98 in the tournament scene. However, eventually you will want to get something with a little more fire power. Look into getting a new or used entry level electro. A few examples are the Proto SLG and the Smart Parts Ion.

No matter which way you go, just remember the marker does not make the player. It takes a lot of practice and a lot of in game experience to make a player great.

#7 User is offline   B-boo 

• Behold the Proteus.
  • PipPip

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:08 AM

Yeah I understand that. I have an Ion but I just hate using it since it just doesn't feel as good as the Tippmann. It was the first marker I ever owned and I have installed everything on my own and by hand. I guess there is a bit of sentimental value there..... yeah I know ;) right? lol. But I really don't need a huge amount of firepower and I was just wanting to weigh the benefits of getting a response or a e grip. Since my model is to old to accept the e-grip, I guess my only other option would be the RT. I just don't know how reliable that is. or if it makes a difference when using comp air. Anyway thanks.

#8 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:10 AM

As long as you have a high output reg with a fast recharge rate on your tank, you will be fine using a response trigger. I know the crossfire regs have a fast enough recharge rate since my home field has a rental A-5 with response hooked up to HPA.

#9 User is offline   B-boo 

• Behold the Proteus.
  • PipPip

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:30 PM

Thanks for your input on that! Anyone else have any personal experience with HPA and a RT?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users