Special Ops Paintball: Suggest New Special Ops Products - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (69 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29
  • 30
  • 31
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Suggest New Special Ops Products Must be of your invention.

#421 User is offline   Lil' C 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,164
  • Joined: 01-March 06
  • Location:Port Orchard, WA
  • Brigade Name:C

Post icon  Posted 19 March 2006 - 03:32 PM

View Postabsynthe, on Mar 19 2006, 11:08 AM, said:

So, with the trigger under the A-5 barrel how exactly will this marker fire? Seems to me like an engineering nightmare, and better suited to a whole new marker as opposed to an A-5 mod.


Engineering nightmare? Hardly. A simple one-piece mechanical linkage to translate the trigger pulls into sear trips, akin to the armature pin between the solenoid and the sear in an E-Grip, running inside the stock between the bullpup grip frame and the sear on the rear-mounted receiver would be all that would be needed to make it work. The modular nature of the removable A-5 grip is precisely what makes the A-5 such a good candidate for this kind of mod. And such a simple linkage would have the same bombproof Tippmann operation as the rest of the A-5. We're talking about a length of bent steel wire or rod with a cost of pennies and a technology level only a little up from the Stone Age. That ain't no engineering nightmare.

By the way, I noticed back in January that -Snake- suggested a shroud kit for the A-5 based on the French Giat FAMAS rifle, which is another bullpup design:

Posted Image

Look how look at the ratio of the barrel length to the overall length on that gun! Imagine a sniper rifle that handled like a dagger marker...

In addition to a sizable carry handle, the FAMAS has a built-in bipod; an A-5 version would have to clear the Cyclone on the right side, but it could be done -- a very neat feature.

This post has been edited by Lil' C: 19 March 2006 - 03:51 PM

Sigs aren't actually allowed on the Special Ops Forum, so I don't have one.
0

#422 User is offline   Slick 

  • Rock And Roll Aint' Noise Pollution
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 221
  • Joined: 07-September 05
  • Location:Laguna Beach, The Real OC
  • Brigade Name:SantaSlick

Posted 19 March 2006 - 10:57 PM

View Postnewb117, on Mar 16 2006, 02:20 PM, said:

how about a paintball mortar that launches a bunch of F-bombs (I would say one supersized one but fields insurance companies wouldn't like it.)

An antipersonel rocket that has a cord attached to the launcher or has remote detonation and when the cord runs out it discharges a large number of paintballs with a small Co2 tank (I got the idea from hellfire missiles)

A-5a2 grip only with a foregrip sticking down on the front of it

I also support the spec ops marker idea heres my ideas for that(kinda evident by my first 2 ideas whoops!)
A realistic double drum or box magazine that uses the same technology as the q-loader if you can make an agreement with them to use it.

High customizability

Anything that can give the effects of a flatline barrel without the side affects of balls breaking (I have a way to make this work I think but dont want to share it and don't know if its original)

A crank like the firestorm included

back to other special weapon thoughts

This is a little stupid but a paintball flamethrower (then again you could just get one of the little kid toy flamethrowers that shoot water and fill it up with the paint used in the scepter4k grenades/drop an f bomb in it.

Also A thought (although it ripps off you guys) an organization dedicated completely to get hammer users quote, side jobs as porn stars




paintball mortars are unnecessary, IMO. and wasting F-Bombs in an indirect firing weapon that has absolutely NO guarantee that it will work is alot more impractical than just throwing an F-Bomb.


Quote

An antipersonel rocket that has a cord attached to the launcher or has remote detonation and when the cord runs out it discharges a large number of paintballs with a small Co2 tank (I got the idea from hellfire missiles)


what weapon in paintball isnt antipersonel? and no, you didnt get it from the hellfire design, you got it from the fly-by-wire design of the TOW missile. hellfire missiles aint antipersonel, they're antimaterial and they aint fly-by-wire, they're onboard GPS programable missiles.

Quote

A-5a2 grip only with a foregrip sticking down on the front of it


B) what??? draw a pic please, i dont understand.

Quote

Anything that can give the effects of a flatline barrel without the side affects of balls breaking (I have a way to make this work I think but dont want to share it and don't know if its original)


yeah, i'm pretty sure all barrels have the aspiration of no ball breakage. and flatlines dont break balls that often. if you're breaking balls in the barrel, you're using the wrong size paint.






View PostLil' C, on Mar 19 2006, 04:32 PM, said:

View Postabsynthe, on Mar 19 2006, 11:08 AM, said:

So, with the trigger under the A-5 barrel how exactly will this marker fire? Seems to me like an engineering nightmare, and better suited to a whole new marker as opposed to an A-5 mod.


Engineering nightmare? Hardly. A simple one-piece mechanical linkage to translate the trigger pulls into sear trips, akin to the armature pin between the solenoid and the sear in an E-Grip, running inside the stock between the bullpup grip frame and the sear on the rear-mounted receiver would be all that would be needed to make it work. The modular nature of the removable A-5 grip is precisely what makes the A-5 such a good candidate for this kind of mod. And such a simple linkage would have the same bombproof Tippmann operation as the rest of the A-5. We're talking about a length of bent steel wire or rod with a cost of pennies and a technology level only a little up from the Stone Age. That ain't no engineering nightmare.

By the way, I noticed back in January that -Snake- suggested a shroud kit for the A-5 based on the French Giat FAMAS rifle, which is another bullpup design:

Posted Image

Look how look at the ratio of the barrel length to the overall length on that gun! Imagine a sniper rifle that handled like a dagger marker...

In addition to a sizable carry handle, the FAMAS has a built-in bipod; an A-5 version would have to clear the Cyclone on the right side, but it could be done -- a very neat feature.


Egrips dont use solenoids. Egrips dont regulate airflow in an A5. they just make the trigger mechanism electronic.

here's a pic:


Posted Image

notice how no part on the trigger regulates airflow through the marker.

i agree that the concept of a bulpup design would be cool, but only on paper. in reality, it is in fact an engineering nightmare.

IMO, you would need to completely redesign the marker in order to get the results you want. not only would the trigger need to be placed differently, but so would the hopper system.

the the trigger-bolt interaction would need to be completely redesigned. from your design's you're proposing to just simply move the trigger up 4-6 inches from where it is. however, if you did do that, you would need to change how the trigger releases the bolt. perhaps your design would work on an Autococker... actually, i've seen it done on an autococker. as a matter of fact, i did it on my Spyder Xtra a couple of months ago. i just put an SA-80 airsoft shell around my Spyder. It looked fine, but thats about it.

Quote

By the way, I noticed back in January that -Snake- suggested a shroud kit for the A-5 based on the French Giat FAMAS rifle, which is another bullpup design:


oh, and he suggested a shoud kit, not a full on conversion kit from A5 to bulpup.




EDIT: CRAP!!! my quote arent working. Damn you firefox!!! i made my text red.

This post has been edited by Slick: 19 March 2006 - 10:59 PM

0

#423 User is offline   Mjolnir117 

  • muhammad
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 415
  • Joined: 02-September 05
  • Brigade Name:Mjolnir

Posted 20 March 2006 - 12:01 AM

dont put your post in to MS word, it messes with the HTML, just a tip B)
IPB Image
I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one less god than you. When you understand why you disregard all other possible gods you will understand why I disregard yours.
0

#424 User is offline   Lil' C 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,164
  • Joined: 01-March 06
  • Location:Port Orchard, WA
  • Brigade Name:C

Post icon  Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:30 AM

View PostSlick, on Mar 19 2006, 09:57 PM, said:

Egrips dont use solenoids. Egrips dont regulate airflow in an A5. they just make the trigger mechanism electronic...notice how no part on the trigger regulates airflow through the marker.

i agree that the concept of a bulpup design would be cool, but only on paper. in reality, it is in fact an engineering nightmare...the the trigger-bolt interaction would need to be completely redesigned. from your design's you're proposing to just simply move the trigger up 4-6 inches from where it is. however, if you did do that, you would need to change how the trigger releases the bolt...

Quote

By the way, I noticed back in January that -Snake- suggested a shroud kit for the A-5 based on the French Giat FAMAS rifle, which is another bullpup design:

oh, and he suggested a shoud kit, not a full on conversion kit from A5 to bulpup...



First and foremost, and with due respect, Slick, you are 100% wrong about E-grips not having a solenoid. Tippmann's own promotional material on the E-Grip reads as follows:

Intoducing the All New E-Grip for the Tippmann A5 Paintball gun -- The E-Grip system uses an electronic control board to activate a solenoid. When activated, the solenoid disengages the sear, which in turn fires the marker...

Just take a look at your own photo illustration. What do you think the two cylindrical components immediately below the battery are? The more rearward of the two is a capacitor, and the one in front that trips the armature pin (which, in turn, trips the sear) is a solenoid. Here's a link to an article on the E-Grip on the Special Ops website which (correctly) refers to said component as such: http://www.specialopspaintball.com/article...mann_e-grip.asp

(I don't know that I ever said anything about E-Grips regulating air-flow (any more than any trigger device on a paintball gun indirectly "regulates" airflow by controling when the main spring forces are released, the valve opens, and the gun shoots) so I won't address that comment here...)

As for redesigning the trigger-bolt interface, it would not need to be "completely redesigned" in order to move the grip frame forward in a bullpup design; rather, the action of the trigger and sear would simply need to be TRANSLATED to a parallel interface where something analogous to the sear catches the bolt inside the receiver. This is not a new concept.

When you accelerate in a car or on motorcycle, you don't reach down and open the butterfly on the carburetor by hand, do you? Of course not. You mash down on the accelerator pedal or twist the throttle, and control the butterfly by a mechanical and/or cable linkage.

All I'm talking about for a bullpup paintball gun is a super-simple version of the same thing, a piece of rod that translates the motion of the sear in the forward grip frame to an identical sear moving in synchronized motion in a position appropriate to interface with the receiver internals.

I can swing my arm and hit somebody with my fist, or I can take a step back, swing my arm, and hit somebody with a baseball bat. Six of one, and a half dozen of the other.

Once again, not exactly rocket science here. Sure, there would be some kinks to work out in development on a bullpup kit, but the idea is sound and probably fairly feasible in practice. After all, real bullpup firearms use linkages to translate their trigger action back to the receiver...

Last, regarding the FAMAS, I didn't say -Snake- had suggested a conversion kit rather than a shroud, only that the FAMAS was indeed another well-known bullpup-configured gun from which to draw inspiration for a project like this one.

This post has been edited by Lil' C: 20 March 2006 - 05:47 AM

Sigs aren't actually allowed on the Special Ops Forum, so I don't have one.
0

#425 User is offline   lilboot 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 19
  • Joined: 14-March 06
  • Brigade Name:lilboot

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:57 PM

I dont know if any one has said this yet but i think u neeed to make some Tippmann 98c mags....because i cant find any :(
USAFA
IPB Image


IPB Image
0

#426 User is offline   Slick 

  • Rock And Roll Aint' Noise Pollution
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 221
  • Joined: 07-September 05
  • Location:Laguna Beach, The Real OC
  • Brigade Name:SantaSlick

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:13 AM

View PostLil' C, on Mar 20 2006, 06:30 AM, said:

View PostSlick, on Mar 19 2006, 09:57 PM, said:

Egrips dont use solenoids. Egrips dont regulate airflow in an A5. they just make the trigger mechanism electronic...notice how no part on the trigger regulates airflow through the marker.

i agree that the concept of a bulpup design would be cool, but only on paper. in reality, it is in fact an engineering nightmare...the the trigger-bolt interaction would need to be completely redesigned. from your design's you're proposing to just simply move the trigger up 4-6 inches from where it is. however, if you did do that, you would need to change how the trigger releases the bolt...

Quote

By the way, I noticed back in January that -Snake- suggested a shroud kit for the A-5 based on the French Giat FAMAS rifle, which is another bullpup design:

oh, and he suggested a shoud kit, not a full on conversion kit from A5 to bulpup...



First and foremost, and with due respect, Slick, you are 100% wrong about E-grips not having a solenoid. Tippmann's own promotional material on the E-Grip reads as follows:

Intoducing the All New E-Grip for the Tippmann A5 Paintball gun -- The E-Grip system uses an electronic control board to activate a solenoid. When activated, the solenoid disengages the sear, which in turn fires the marker...

Just take a look at your own photo illustration. What do you think the two cylindrical components immediately below the battery are? The more rearward of the two is a capacitor, and the one in front that trips the armature pin (which, in turn, trips the sear) is a solenoid. Here's a link to an article on the E-Grip on the Special Ops website which (correctly) refers to said component as such: http://www.specialopspaintball.com/article...mann_e-grip.asp

(I don't know that I ever said anything about E-Grips regulating air-flow (any more than any trigger device on a paintball gun indirectly "regulates" airflow by controling when the main spring forces are released, the valve opens, and the gun shoots) so I won't address that comment here...)

As for redesigning the trigger-bolt interface, it would not need to be "completely redesigned" in order to move the grip frame forward in a bullpup design; rather, the action of the trigger and sear would simply need to be TRANSLATED to a parallel interface where something analogous to the sear catches the bolt inside the receiver. This is not a new concept.

When you accelerate in a car or on motorcycle, you don't reach down and open the butterfly on the carburetor by hand, do you? Of course not. You mash down on the accelerator pedal or twist the throttle, and control the butterfly by a mechanical and/or cable linkage.

All I'm talking about for a bullpup paintball gun is a super-simple version of the same thing, a piece of rod that translates the motion of the sear in the forward grip frame to an identical sear moving in synchronized motion in a position appropriate to interface with the receiver internals.

I can swing my arm and hit somebody with my fist, or I can take a step back, swing my arm, and hit somebody with a baseball bat. Six of one, and a half dozen of the other.

Once again, not exactly rocket science here. Sure, there would be some kinks to work out in development on a bullpup kit, but the idea is sound and probably fairly feasible in practice. After all, real bullpup firearms use linkages to translate their trigger action back to the receiver...

Last, regarding the FAMAS, I didn't say -Snake- had suggested a conversion kit rather than a shroud, only that the FAMAS was indeed another well-known bullpup-configured gun from which to draw inspiration for a project like this one.


listen, I dont want to sound like a moron here, but you're making yourself sound VERY grandiloquent using big vocabulary words. I thought you were proposing to use a solenoid like the Proto or Ion uses one, to regulate air.

and yes, i do see the irony in my post. I said there arent any solenoids, but there was one in the pic i posted. my bad! :)

If you think its so simple, build one yourself! please, do so and then show a pic in the marker gallery or the Mods and Upgrades Room.



Oh and solenoids in Egrips work differently from those in High End Markers. High end markers such as the Proto use solenoids to regulate airflow VERY precisely. They're very efficent. But the solenoid in egrips... I actually dont exactly know how they work. I think they just push up on the rod to release the bolt... I dont own an Egrip so i wouldnt know.

I see what you mean now. Yeah, building a bulpup marker would be so easy! You just need to buy a shroud for the Steyr AUG! yeah, thats a good idea.
0

#427 User is offline   Reaper1101 

  • Don't take life so serious, you might not get out alive.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,922
  • Joined: 14-October 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Abington, PA
  • Brigade Name:mjd1101

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:45 PM

View Postlilboot, on Mar 20 2006, 04:57 PM, said:

I dont know if any one has said this yet but i think u neeed to make some Tippmann 98c mags....because i cant find any :P

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.322764.../category.71/.f
Hashido- a way of life...
0

#428 User is offline   Lil' C 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,164
  • Joined: 01-March 06
  • Location:Port Orchard, WA
  • Brigade Name:C

Post icon  Posted 21 March 2006 - 02:44 PM

View PostSlick, on Mar 21 2006, 08:13 AM, said:

listen, I dont want to sound like a moron here, but you're making yourself sound VERY grandiloquent using big vocabulary words. I thought you were proposing to use a solenoid like the Proto or Ion uses one, to regulate air...If you think its so simple, build one yourself!...


No one is implying you are a moron, and you don't need to imply that I'm putting on airs. This forum is necessarily technical to some extent, since it deals with designing, engineering, and developing mechanical products -- and a solenoid is just a solenoid, regardless of its application -- I don't personally know another name for a piston controlled by an electromagnet that produces linear motion, its application not withstanding. Your assumptions are your own.

And no, I'm not going to build one myself. There's a difference between "simple" and "feasible", and I don't have the tools, the infrastructure, or the expertise to make a one-off prototype. But Special Ops does, which is why I'm trying to give them the idea, which I still say is sound and potentially interesting.

This post has been edited by Lil' C: 23 March 2006 - 10:25 AM

Sigs aren't actually allowed on the Special Ops Forum, so I don't have one.
0

#429 User is offline   Slick 

  • Rock And Roll Aint' Noise Pollution
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 221
  • Joined: 07-September 05
  • Location:Laguna Beach, The Real OC
  • Brigade Name:SantaSlick

Posted 23 March 2006 - 09:48 AM

View PostLil' C, on Mar 21 2006, 03:44 PM, said:

View PostSlick, on Mar 21 2006, 08:13 AM, said:

listen, I dont want to sound like a moron here, but you're making yourself sound VERY grandiloquent using big vocabulary words. I thought you were proposing to use a solenoid like the Proto or Ion uses one, to regulate air...If you think its so simple, build one yourself!...


No one is implying you are a moron, and you don't need to imply that I'm putting on airs. This forum is necessarily technical to some extent, since it deals with designing, engineering, and developing mechanical products -- and a solenoid is just a solenoid, regardless of its application -- I don't personally know another name for a piston controlled by an electromagnet that produces linear motion, its application not withstanding. Your assumptions are your own.

And no, I'm not going to build one myself. There's a difference between "simple" and "feasible", and I don't have the tools, the infrastructure, ot the expertise to make a one-off prototype. But Special Ops does, which is why I'm trying to give them the idea, which I still say is sound and potentially interesting.



Listen buddy, i'm agreeing with you. Yes, a solenoid is a solenoid and I was mistaken in thinking that the Egrip didnt have one, but solenoids CAN act as either a pneumatic or hydraulic valve, such as those in Ions or Protos. I thought you were suggesting to use them as they are used in high end markers. I already appologised about that.

Besides, most of the ideas in the Suggestion Box go ignored. I havent seen one product here that's been suggested actually been produced.
0

#430 User is offline   Josh_W 

  • AKA: Bulldog
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 39
  • Joined: 13-May 05
  • Location:Columbus, Ohio
  • Brigade Name:Bulldog

Posted 23 March 2006 - 02:49 PM

Now that you've got the R&D done to produce the A-5 SD shroud, how about tweaking it a bit to make an SD/RIS shroud with rails?

I've found two rail'd out version of the MP5. One would be identical to the kit you have now, but with a different shape to the outside of the shroud, and with rails either molded in or (better yet) screwed on:
Posted Image

The other version looks a lot different, but should still be doable:

Posted Image

Some goofing around in Paintshop Pro with somebody else's A5 image:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
0

#431 User is offline   Joker 

  • ^pretty eh?
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 18
  • Joined: 12-March 06
  • Location:Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 26 March 2006 - 09:53 AM

How about making an M249 handguard that works like the F.O.G. grips?
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
0

#432 User is offline   sam5992 

  • Proud Owner of a 98c
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 320
  • Joined: 02-March 06
  • Location:Easton, CT
  • Brigade Name:Sam5992

Posted 27 March 2006 - 02:11 PM

A fore grip for the 98c. Like the A5-A2 one. I knowthis has been said a billion times but i really think its a great idea.

also a shround for the Apex. They have a couple out there, but no where near as many ones as for the A-5 flatline.

Some more 98c shrouds and other accesseries would be nice.

http://www.specialopspaintball.com/shop/pr...AT=107202301403

http://www.specialopspaintball.com/shop/pr...AT=107202301403

stuff like that would be great for the 98 custom.

I also have an idea for the clip/mag feed idea. You could use a warp feed and a small rectangular hopper to make it work. the balls start in a thin rectangular hoper(removable.) They are drop down into a warp feed, and then are fed up a tube into the gun. All of this is conciled inside a mag.


I cant get the picture to show up on the post... I did it in paint, so its kinda rough, but you get the basic idea.

Attached File  untitled.bmp (1.51MB)
Number of downloads: 14

This post has been edited by sam5992: 27 March 2006 - 02:30 PM

IPB Image
IPB Image
0

#433 User is offline   The Toxic 

  • Rot Away
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 481
  • Joined: 16-February 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Great Lakes northwood OH
  • Brigade Name:The Toxic

Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:49 PM

How bout this a special ops starter gun that is good for all possitions like if they don't know what position to go in.











[color=#6600CC]Ka Hee heee :ph34r: Mj
0

#434 Guest_Headshotjester_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:34 PM

You mean the A5A-2 and the sabre position?:D Lol.
0

#435 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

  • Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 6,841
  • Joined: 02-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So Cal/Alabama
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:08 PM

they should make a custom 98c so for new players it would be cheeper
0

Share this topic:


  • (69 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29
  • 30
  • 31
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users