Special Ops Paintball: Looking for a Pistol. - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking for a Pistol. Willing to spend 150$, narrowed to some choices. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Anarchaotical 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:24 PM

First, Why do I even want a pistol?

No, not as a secondary weapon, I hear stories of many people just having one on a holster but never using it, simply because its such a rare occasion they run out of air or something or other.
After a few 30-40 minute rounds of paintball, I get kind of tired running up and down hills with my A-5, and wish I had a smaller/lighter marker.
I rarely ever take shoot more than 20-30 shots, and a pistol seemed perfect for me.

However, since I won't be using THAT much, I will only be willing to spend 150$ at most, I would buy a clip or two, but thats about it.
Here are some choices Ive narrowed it down to

Was looking at T68
http://www.rap4.com/paintball/os/gen3-pain...tol-p-2573.html

edit* Found it on ebay for 108$ buy it now. http://cgi.ebay.com/T68-Gen3-Paintball-Pis...id=p3286.c0.m14

Also the Zeus G2
http://www.sakworldp...com/zeusg2.html

And finally , The overlord RX'
http://www.ariakon.com/Overlord-Rx.asp

Have any of you used any of the above?
Any advice, thanks :).

This post has been edited by Anarchaotical: 13 October 2008 - 03:38 PM

Uncool People Deserve Power Too!
My Feedback

#2 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:32 PM

I personally prefer a PGP. :)

The Overlord or the Zeus should work alright as far as blowback pistols. I'd stay away from the T68. RAP4 is often called "cRAP4" on the forums, and generally there is a reason.
Member of Team Akkadian

#3 User is offline   Jakepants 

• avatars are for fancy people, which I am not.
  • Pip

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:42 PM

I'm not actually sure how much they cost, but if I were you i'd go for a tac-8. or maybe wait for the new tippmannn pistol. Then again, I'm a huge fan of the clip-fed pistols..

I think I'm with thalion on this one, and try to snag a PGP.
I love mine.
I am ethrealwolf's little brother.
Yes, he really is that angry every day.

The Champ is here.

#4 User is offline   Anarchaotical 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:46 PM

Sorry, I tried a PGP, quite a few times, and really didn't like it. Perosnal taste.

Whats this about a new tippman pistol ? :P
My Feedback

#5 User is offline   Jakepants 

• avatars are for fancy people, which I am not.
  • Pip

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:49 PM

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=152815

Then again, I'm not sure on how much it costs. It's going to be brand new to the market and you're only looking to spend 150....well, yeah. I'm pretty sure you can see where I'm going with this.
I am ethrealwolf's little brother.
Yes, he really is that angry every day.

The Champ is here.

#6 User is offline   Anarchaotical 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 13 October 2008 - 04:02 PM

Ah okay, thats nice, but since there are no details, Im rather skeptical
Besides, I will get this in November, as I dont have any time to paintball at ALL this month.

So I was looking at the Zeus G2 and Ovelrord RX, they both seem really great, and I cant decide between them.
Someone mentioned a Delta 68, but I have heard horror stories about it.
My Feedback

#7 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:38 PM

I have the RAP4 T68 Gen3 Pistol and love it. Sure you need slim necked 12 grams for it and its a little big but its saved me numerous times.

Where most people carry a pistol and never use it, I use mine almost every game I take it. Makes a great sidearm + RAP4 has a lot of nice accessories for it.

This post has been edited by Orpackrat: 13 October 2008 - 05:38 PM

#8 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:44 PM

Orpackrat if your marker fails everytime you go on the field you might want to get a more reliable marker.

I would stay away from Rap4 products if I were you. They usually aren't very high quality.

#9 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:46 PM

View PostAnarchaotical, on Oct 13 2008, 06:02 PM, said:

Someone mentioned a Delta 68, but I have heard horror stories about it.

The only pistols worse than a T68 are: any of the PT series and the Delta 68.

Stay away from those, the horror stories are all true.
Member of Team Akkadian

#10 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:50 PM

I have only personally used a T-8, and I don't really recommend it. It's a great and innovative design, but it seemed that every time I used it, I had to clean paint out of the breech, not because it chopped, but because of the way you have to insert mags. Basically, they can go in enough to unlock the mag follower and retainer bar, letting a paintball or two out of the mag, but not lock into the gun. If you then release, it will unlock from gravity and CO2 pressure and your instinct told you to slam it back in again... but if you do that there is a big risk that you will smash 1 or 2 paintballs in the breech area, maybe impale one on the CO2 nipple. My friend did that, and it blew paint all the way through the air system, reg, valve, bolt and all. Took me an hour and a half to clean. Not to mention that the barrel unlocked and flew out twice on mine for some reason I still don't know.

Out of the 3 you have chosen, I would go
1. Zeus
2. Overlord RX
3. Rap4

The zeus is just a good cheap blowback pistol, and the mags arent bad, either. The tiberius mags are so expensive that unless you are COMMITTED to that gun, you probably won't buy more mags.

#11 User is offline   The Shepherd 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Shepherd

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:43 PM

3 letters.

PGP, awsome thing. Got to use on this weekend. Saw one at mcarterbrown for 60 bucks so not bad either.

#12 User is offline   the eggman 

• ninjadodjy is always watching you...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:bake-bake

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:11 PM

*cough* dual splattys *cough*

#13 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:18 PM

The RAP4 T68s actually are very solid, as good as the ACP 2.0 and the Zeus G2+. Honestly, those three are all functionally identical. The T68 has a few cool accessories, like longer mags and a select-fire grip that gives you burst mode and full auto, I believe, but those are kinda redundant on a pistol. Just grab the first good deal on one of those you come across.

Pistol play is the way to go as well, IMO. I shelled out the big bucks for a PPS Squall, the Rolls-Royce of paintball pistols, and I love the thing, it's fantastic. But I wouldn't get one of those right off the bat, because the cheapest you can get one is $500 used. Mine cost me $900, and it was discounted.

#14 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:29 PM

View PostMarauder_Pilot, on Oct 13 2008, 08:18 PM, said:

The RAP4 T68s actually are very solid, as good as the ACP 2.0 and the Zeus G2+. Honestly, those three are all functionally identical. The T68 has a few cool accessories, like longer mags and a select-fire grip that gives you burst mode and full auto, I believe, but those are kinda redundant on a pistol. Just grab the first good deal on one of those you come across.

Pistol play is the way to go as well, IMO. I shelled out the big bucks for a PPS Squall, the Rolls-Royce of paintball pistols, and I love the thing, it's fantastic. But I wouldn't get one of those right off the bat, because the cheapest you can get one is $500 used. Mine cost me $900, and it was discounted.

but then again, you got a 45 grip which is 170 off the bat... :unsure: silly canadian. :P

I'd go for the Zeus if semi is your thing.
If you didn't like the PGP, try a PMI-1. Marauder will vouch for me here, the PMI-1 is waay better than the PGP. It balances much nicer, but retains the efficiency of the PGP (unlike the P68sc.)

Really to get into pistol play I'd check out a Splatmaster. You can snag one for $40 on MCB, and despite their plastic appearance and the fact that it looks like it was made out of hardened snot, it's actually a decent marker. If you can find one that doesn't leak or shoot 140, you're golden. If you have big/strong hands or stretch your hand enough and get a hand exerciser you can shoot one handed. I can do it relatively easily because I rock climb a lot and have big hands. It's actually really easy to do.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#15 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 14 October 2008 - 05:35 AM

Oh, yeah, I'm getting buried with my K-Framed PMI-1. But I wouldn't really consider the PMI-1 a pistol (Despite the fact that it's only slightly longer then my Squall). Still an awesome piece, though.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users