• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HAMMERHEAD Battlestik hammerhead barrel system Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   sgtmeatsauce 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 March 2005 - 11:45 AM

I have a Hammerhead Battlestik barrel system on my AGD Automag RT/Pro. The quality is exceptional. There was a lot of hype attributed to the barrel that perked my interest. I tried the system out and was impressed enough to shell out the big cash. It does not self clean as well as they say, not as good self cleaning as the J&J or SP AA barrel. However it will out shoot anything. Better one shot accurancy then a flatline. Is very quiet in front of the barrel. I have blasted several full cases of paint in target practice, each paint of different quality and age. So far it will shoot anything, but with very good quality paint it is pin point accurate. I have yet to play a game with it and will let you know how it fares in war conditions. Any one else have any experience with the Hammerhead?
thanksjava script:emoticon(':D')
smilie

#2 User is offline   kilcham 

• Dagger Command
  • PipPip

Posted 11 March 2005 - 09:32 AM

Yup Yup I have a 5 fin set for my VF Tactical. It is sick acccurate (the one shot one kill is a beautiful thing.) Like the tactical look. Mine shoots through ball bust awesome,( 3-4 shots) but I have used quieter barrels. Wouldn't trade this barrel for anything, well worth the 200 I had to dish out :ph34r:

#3 User is offline   sgtmeatsauce 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Post icon  Posted 26 March 2005 - 03:33 PM

Ok, it has been awhile since I posted on the Hammerhead. Now I finally got to play a few games with the barrel and really had a chance to give it the full test in battle. I must say it is very accurate and quiet in front of it. I made some nearly impossible shoots several times during the course of a game. Several dead enemy remarked what a lucky shot I put on them. I find it hard to believe I had that many "lucky" shots in one game. Through out the day I again made several more "lucky" shots. I found the more expensive "good" paint really makes the Hammerhead excell. I am VERY happy with my new set up and would buy the Hammerhead again. Email me for any other questions I might answer for you.
Joemastro6@comcast.net

#4 User is offline   kilcham 

• Dagger Command
  • PipPip

Posted 29 March 2005 - 08:38 AM

sgtmeatsauce, on Mar 26 2005, 05:33 PM, said:

I found the more expensive "good" paint really makes the Hammerhead excell.

What paint are you using if you don't mind me asking. I have a 5 fin set but there are still some paints I have noticed don't work as well.

#5 User is offline   VonOrt 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 29 March 2005 - 08:52 AM

I love my HH barrels. Working on getting fins for my Palmer Blazer next. But I have used it on my cocker, mag, and AM Sentinel. All with excellent results. I shoot a lot of Draxxus Blaze paint. And find it works great in the HH. I would say that the HH does not like bad paint. You get a lot of flyer with the HH when paint quality is bad. More so than other barrels that I have used.

#6 User is offline   sgtmeatsauce 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 April 2005 - 03:08 PM

I use Nelson Anarchy as my favorite, Challenger as the cheap stand-by and also PMI marbilizer when it is around. Evils work well. Pretty much all the good ones shoot well, cheap-o's shoot like crap, with lots of wingers...hope this helps.

#7 User is offline   sgtmeatsauce 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 17 April 2005 - 02:14 PM

I really got a chance to use the Hammerhead barrel recently, my Automag finally broke in and I bought a Halo B to feed the monster. I played 12 games now and have used 3 cases of paint in battle situations. The sucker flat out shoots great. Shoots further and still breaks on impact. I made so many, "hey dude that was a lucky shot" s, that I believe they are not luck anymore. I can call out , elbow behind tree at 3 o'clock and then shoot it. Too cool. Am VERY happy with the barrel and would NOT trade or change it for anything, for any price....

This post has been edited by sgtmeatsauce: 17 April 2005 - 02:16 PM

#8 User is offline   camojunkie 

• blargh...
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:waelos (unnoticed_guy@hotmail.com)

Posted 17 April 2005 - 02:53 PM

can anyone tell me about how quiet this thing is? maybe in comparison to a stiffi?

#9 User is offline   WVPC Commander 

• Shadowrunner
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadowrunner

Posted 19 April 2005 - 03:36 PM

Well after two months I have finally decided that I could write the review of my Hammerhead Barrel. Now as for myself I rate any barrel I play with on five things. Accuracy, Busts, Weight, Noise and Looks and Feel.

Accuracy:

I have shot through a lot of barrels in my time, many of them claiming to be the best, and no one, and I repeat, NO ONE can make that claim like Hammerhead. This is hands down the most accurate barrel I have ever used. Using my A5, 20oz CO2, Marballizer paint, velocity at 275 fps, and my 12.5in Hammerhead I fired 10 shots from a set vice at 25, 35, 45, 55, and 65 yards. Until I set up at the 65 yard mark I had yet to miss the target, and at the 65 I missed once. WOW, 1 out of 50 at various ranges missed the target ( A police target dummy) Definitely impressed me.

Busts:

When it is cold outside I would not even bother, paint would bust nearly every shot, however, now that it has warmed up I have not had a single bust. Hammerhead makes a claim that their barrel will clean itself out with three or four shots, this is bull, no barrel will clean itself with other paint, at least not well enough to maintain accurate performance.

Weight:

A little heavy, but certainly lighter than a Werks and a little lighter than a boomstick of similar sizes.

Noise:

Well, here is another claim that Hammerhead trumps up, 100-150 yards down field this barrel is very quiet, however this does not help me in actual fire fights.

Look and Feel:

Perfect, that is all I have to say…

Overall:

Overall I would rate this barrel among the finest I have ever used, if not the finest. I am very pleased with the design and the craftsmanship as well as their customer service. I will recommend that you get at least the three fin system to better match any field paint, I went the cheap rout and have had to order a couple of different fins since….
Historicly the best way to convert a Liberal is to have them move out of their parents home, get a job and start paying taxes...

user posted image

#10 User is offline   sgtmeatsauce 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 May 2005 - 12:04 PM

Quietness....it is quieter then nearly all barrels, but am sure there are quieter ones out there. What I have noticed was people CAN hear it, but do not know they are geting shot at! It seems to me to sound the same no matter which way it is pointing. I use this to my advantage. Hope this helps....

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users