Special Ops Paintball: How to get your on compressed air? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to get your on compressed air? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Dubie 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:DuBie

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:10 PM

So I work at a factory that has a huge and I do mean HUGE compressor. What do I need so I can fill my own bottle up. I live in a small community and have some difficult finding the time to go up to the store. Any suggestions?

#2 User is offline   kage83 

• KaGe
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kage83

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:17 PM

it doesn't matter how big the compressor is. it needs to be able to pressurize to 3000 or 4500 psi. most compressors don't go that high.

Welcome to the Forums! :laugh:

This post has been edited by kage83: 19 November 2009 - 12:18 PM

If you are a Christian paintballer, put this in your sig

#3 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:58 PM

.... and it has to be clean air - filtered to breathable standards

If its the right form of compressor you need the female fill socket to fit onto the fill nipple, and have to ensure that you are not exceeding the bottle fill pressure or the fill rate (how long it takes to fill - too fast and it gets hot)

You also have to know about filling air - safety, risks, checking bottles etc, and get permission

This post has been edited by Tommikka: 19 November 2009 - 02:59 PM

#4 User is offline   Damifino 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:NEOG Outlaws

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:19 AM

View PostDubie, on Nov 19 2009, 02:10 PM, said:

Any suggestions?

You say you are new to the game.
Don't try filling your tanks at work until you know more about just filling tanks.
Limiting the pressure, if your work compressor can get the pressure up to 3000psi, then it might be able to go higher.
How do you plan on limiting the pressure to the tank?
Exploding tanks don't give second chances, and you only have ten fingers, don't loose any.
It is always easy to the ignorant.
The only people killed associated with paintball has been related to the HP tanks. Don't be #4.
If you aren't living on the edge, then you are taking up too much room.
http://midhudsonvalleywoodspaintballers.freeforums.org/

#5 User is offline   Dubie 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:DuBie

Posted 27 November 2009 - 09:35 AM

I am working on getting infor on the tank, what I do know is it is clean. The tank is huge it stands about 10' feet at least. The regulator on it reads 6000 and I know that it supplies 120 psi through out the plant and also to several large pieces of machinary. I am still working on information. Don't worry I won't be number 4 I am a very cautious person. I am going to investigate a lot before going to any means of doing things.

#6 User is offline   Damage Incorporated 

• Knight Stalkers Scenario Paintball Team Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:03 AM

I would be surprised if a compressor supplying plant air goes to 3000psi. Most air tools operate on 90psi. The air compressor and storage tanks are probably rather large (physical size) to be able to meet demand volume. Unless your plant air is grade E quality breathing air according to NFPA, like you work in a clean room, then I would doubt the air compressor is capable of pressure that high. Oil and air pressure that high, think fuel air bomb. Not too many places I can think of want that potential in there place of business. Even though the regulator output gauge reads 6000psi does not mean if the supply air is higher the regulator will reduce it to 6000psi. How many cars have you seen that the speedometer goes higher then the speed the car can go?

Physical size does not matter. Size relates more to volume. This air compressor is only 44.5" long x 19.5" wide x 25.75" tall and produces 5000psi @9cfm.
Posted Image

Proudly Sponsored by:
Outdoor Adventures Pasadena, Maryland-Rosedale, Maryland-Chesapeake City Maryland
CCM-Chipley Custom Machine

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of freedom"
John F. Kennedy 1961

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users