• This topic is locked

Spyder Fasta Clarification Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ThirdI 

• Elite Weekend 2007 Sportsmanship Winner and 2008 Instructor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ThirdI

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:03 AM

I am requesting a clarification from Schloob on the subject of Spyder Fasta loaders in the 2008 SPPL. I do not intend for this to be an extension of the Hopper Restriction thread. In fact, once Schloob has posted a decision on this subject, I would appreciate it if a Mod would lock the thread so it can be used for reference and not for continued discussion. I have read and understand the rules but, partially since this was a legal loader for 2007, I would like a definite on this so nobody has any surprises when they show up to their Qualifier.

Info for this subject is taken from http://www.spyder.tv...asta/index.html

Point A: Spyder Fasta 9V
Rated by Kingman as 15+ BPS. Legal or No?

Point B: Spyder Fasta 18V with only one battery instead of two.
Generally agreed to be the equivalent of a 9V Fasta but with no testing to confirm this. Legal or No?

#2 Guest_PaleRider_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:27 AM

View PostThirdI, on Jan 16 2008, 04:03 AM, said:

I am requesting a clarification from Schloob on the subject of Spyder Fasta loaders in the 2008 SPPL.
Point A: Spyder Fasta 9V
Rated by Kingman as 15+ BPS. Legal or No?

Point B: Spyder Fasta 18V with only one battery instead of two.
Generally agreed to be the equivalent of a 9V Fasta but with no testing to confirm this. Legal or No?

We will get you an answer shortly
I have a question
How does the feed system work on a fasta, force fed? agitating or some type of hybrid?

#3 User is offline   count scoobith 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:34 AM

I asked about this the day it came out, and Jayson said NO since it is a force feed.
Even though it only says 15bps, it does move the balls into the feed neck, and they could be modded to feed faster.

Then I saw them being used in the OK finals on other electro pnuematic markers. :happy:
I would also like to know what is the final say. :laugh:

This post has been edited by count scoobith: 16 January 2008 - 08:38 AM

#4 User is offline   adrenalineguy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:15 AM

before we open Pandora's box

The fasta and The Tippmann hopper is made by Richocet. same basic internals as the Richocet and the Tippmann Tryump.

without changing the batteries (possible in any hopper) I have yet to see one break 14 bps when on a gun.
CSPPL Rep. Greg@Adrenalinepaintball.ca

#5 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:37 AM

The Fasta is force fed, like a Halo. The only thing it shares with the original Ricochet is the bend sensor. Generally speaking, though, the 15+ BPS hopper is not really designed for more than 15 BPS. I guarantee you that the + is an overstatement, though, because they advertise the 18 volt one as "30+ BPS". That's impossible without a Q-Loader. Even the higher end model is honestly probably not capable of more than 24 BPS. It's a good 15 BPS hopper. That's about it.

You don't need to worry about electro guns using these hoppers, except maybe checking to ensure they didn't modify them by installing an extra battery. If they've got a Fasta, check their battery compartment. If there's 1 9-volt connector, it's the 15 BPS model (and hasn't been modified). If there's 2, it's not legal.

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 16 January 2008 - 09:44 AM

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#6 User is offline   adrenalineguy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:42 AM

View PostWardenWolf, on Jan 16 2008, 09:37 AM, said:

The Fasta is force fed, like a Halo.

I have a fasta in my hand right now. force fed?? it has same fingers as a rickocet but with a plate in the center of the paddles. The hole is positioned in a better place. way way different from a halo. HAlo forces balls directly down a tunnel, and stops when it's full, (pressure) Fasta does not stop by presure and allows balls to pass over the down hole when if it's full. it is time to run a little each time the sensor moves.

our team runs 1/2 tryump and 1/2 fasta. what we like is the capacity.. thats the appeal performance is the same.

This post has been edited by adrenalineguy: 16 January 2008 - 02:32 PM

#7 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:46 AM

There's a couple different kinds of force feeding. That is one of them. One kind of force feeding uses a traction drive that basically conveyor belts the balls down the feed neck. The other kind uses a plate and paddles that align the balls with the hole and push them down it. That's what the Fasta uses.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"

#8 User is offline   adrenalineguy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:52 AM

View PostWardenWolf, on Jan 16 2008, 09:46 AM, said:

There's a couple different kinds of force feeding. That is one of them. One kind of force feeding uses a traction drive that basically conveyor belts the balls down the feed neck. The other kind uses a plate and paddles that align the balls with the hole and push them down it. That's what the Fasta uses.

Do the fingers push the balls down the hole? or past the hole? I guess thats the debate. look at one I think it's past the hole. or wouldn't the agitator would stop when the hole was full?

#9 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:57 AM

The fingers on a Fasta push it directly into the hole. The agitator stops a few seconds after the gun stops feeding, as indicated by the Bend sensor.

The Fasta is honestly a superior loader to the original Ricochet, but I still use my Ricochet because the company that make them is in Phoenix, and the local stores can get parts for them direct from the factory.

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 16 January 2008 - 09:58 AM

#10 User is offline   Timbertiger 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Timbertiger

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:03 AM

View PostWardenWolf, on Jan 16 2008, 10:57 AM, said:

The fingers on a Fasta push it directly into the hole. The agitator stops a few seconds after the gun stops feeding, as indicated by the Bend sensor.

The Fasta is honestly a superior loader to the original Ricochet, but I still use my Ricochet because the company that make them is in Phoenix, and the local stores can get parts for them direct from the factory.

If you turn it upside down and pull the trigger.........does it fire any more than the one in the chamber............no...........therfore not forcefed..............unless you consider gravity a force............I believe the 18 volt model to be identical...........I have one on the way to check............if not I think I'll make the first 9 volt LCD hopper. The other question is does cutting a 9 volt harness or just simply installing one battery cause it to be identical to the 9 volt model? I'm checking very soon!

This post has been edited by Timbertiger: 17 January 2008 - 09:32 AM

#11 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:20 AM

You DO realize that if you turn a non-full Halo upside down, it won't feed either, right? At least not beyond the few that are already in the neck. Gravity plays a role in ANY hopper, regardless of design. The Fasta's paddles create and place pressure on a line of paintballs, thereby pushing them into the hole and causing the next shot to spit out the feed neck faster.

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 16 January 2008 - 10:20 AM

#12 User is offline   adrenalineguy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:30 AM

The fasta paddles line up the balls the same way any other 15 pbs hopper does. the differance in the fasta is that the hole is oblong.

Every hopper we have discussed pushes down on the ball once it starts on the downward path. every one. all three have a tray that the balls lay in.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Note: Remeber folks you don't know who we are and what our qualifications for making these comments are.

SPPL will decide.

This post has been edited by adrenalineguy: 16 January 2008 - 02:30 PM

#13 User is offline   Butte Rats 

• Kujo
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Kujo

Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:59 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on Jan 16 2008, 10:57 AM, said:

unless you consider gravity a force............

:happy: Technically – Gravity is a force. You can check against any physics, dynamics, or statics book and it will tell you that gravity is a force.

Sorry – I can't keep my mouth shut on a statement like that. :happy:

#14 User is offline   motoguy1251 

• Mustache Afficianado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:motoguy1251

Posted 16 January 2008 - 02:09 PM

Tough call, i own a fasta and if you stick your finger in the feed neck and turn it on you feel pressure on your finger. On th other hand it does not keep pressure on with the motor, the balls keep the selves under pressure.

WW likes a spyder product???
1Ill be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm!!
2Games: Americas Army, Battlefield 2,2142,1942,vietnam,Fear, CSS,Red Orchestra,DOD, Oblivion,GaryMod,more

#15 User is offline   adrenalineguy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 January 2008 - 02:29 PM

I had to look into the fasta thing closer. Wolfe is a good guy and I hate to be on a different side of the fence then he is him....

Enis Ruston ( sorry about the spelling) owner of Rickochet and designer of the fasta said " yes it's force fed" , "it has never reached over 15 pbs in any testing"

many so called "aggitated" hoppers have the paddles forceing the balls down the hole. if the paddles continously go around one way it puts pressure on the ball.

He recomended a thrird party drop test. fill one with 200 balls and run them out with a fresh battery. it can only get slower

This post has been edited by adrenalineguy: 16 January 2008 - 02:34 PM

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users