• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

45/45 Do I hear a 45/45? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   PAINTBALLACE 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:10 PM

Look for prices on 68/3000 CF tanks. They hold the exact same amount of air and weigh the same, but you may find a 68/3000 for cheaper. Usually you will find 45/45's are the same price as the rest of the 4500 psi tanks.

When you're looking for a HPA/LPA, you want a few things from your tank: A good recharge rate, an adjustable or preset tank, a good regulator, weight and of course, a good price.

As far as recharge rate and a good regulator, you have tanks such as:

MacDev LegionAir Tanks
Crossfire LPA/HPA tanks
Centerflag Air Systems
Nitro Duck Plasma Tanks
Smart Parts Max Flow/Max Flow Micro

Here are a couple that don't have the best recharge rate and regulators:

PMI Pure Energy Air Systems
Dye Throttle Tanks

PMI and Dye don't make bad tanks, but the regulators are just not as quick as the ones listed above and don't have as high a flow.

Those are just a few. Now as far as preset/adjustable tanks go, HPA tanks are usually preset at 850psi and LPA tanks at 450psi. For a good preset tank, I would highly recommend Crossfire tanks.

For adjustable tanks, I would recommend any of these:

Smart Parts Max Flow (not Max Flow Micro, that is preset)
AGD 4500 Flatline
Centerflag Dynaflow

With some tanks you will have the regulator act as the ASA. This helps cut down in weight since there is no ASA anymore and length. Keep this in mind, because some tanks may be uncomfortable due to the shorter length.

As for weight, two of the lightest tanks I know of are the Custom Products 48/4500 and the Draxxus 68/4500. The Custom Products weighs at around 2.0 lbs and I have a friend who owns a Draxxus 68/45 and it feels like a 45/45. I highly recommend both of those if you want a light tank.

BTW, Stako, which is a company from over-seas in the U.K., will be selling their tanks over here in the U.S. within a few months. Stako tanks are supposedly the lightest compressed air tanks ever made. The down side is that these tanks cannot be re-hydro'd.

#17 User is offline   Pooker 

• Lawl @ this forum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pooker

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:18 PM

Awesome man thanks for the info. It's going on a mini so the reg/ASA type (MAXFLO) are out the window.
Also you sig is the best ever man!

This post has been edited by Pooker: 14 February 2007 - 02:20 PM

Digitally Dangerous
"So what? She had sex in your bed... Somebody had to, and obviously you dropped the ball..." - Jones
"No, Puzuma, please tea bag me for free......actually....after that statement....I don't even care"- Deuce

#18 User is offline   Pooker 

• Lawl @ this forum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pooker

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:01 PM

Sooo, I think I will be getting my self a Dye tank and reg. Any thoughts?
Digitally Dangerous
"So what? She had sex in your bed... Somebody had to, and obviously you dropped the ball..." - Jones
"No, Puzuma, please tea bag me for free......actually....after that statement....I don't even care"- Deuce

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users