• You cannot reply to this topic

should i get an ion used ion

#1 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:cheesepoof

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:05 AM

right now i have a friend who dislikes his ion and i might be able to get it for 150$ with a halo b with v35chip

i need a gun that is low profile and shoots at a controlable speed for me(around 12 bps, with the possibility of moving hire later on)

i need to know, if a stock ion running off a 48/30 tank, and a halo b v35, most likely a ceramic barrel if i can find one later on would be a good light, yet effective for a quick assualt gun

later on i would be upgradein body parts and maybe air parts,(such as a new tank)

thank you for all your help

and i have seen his ion shoot

my current setup for that is a spyder pilot acs, with a 20oz co2 tank on it, i run it with a gravitiy feed hopper on a 6bps full auto

do you think i would like the ion better
offical saber #137
if we cant do it, then it doesnt need to be done

#2 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:20 PM

There are much better markers to be snagged for $150-200. MUCH better. Ask for opinions, suggestions, and look around on forums or eBay for used markers. In regards to this thread...
I think you would like it better than your Pilot, but you NEED to make sure it works flawlessly. In the case that it does work fine, it should serve you well as a beginner's speedball marker with decent firepower. Shoot it a little bit, maybe borrow it for a game and get a feel for it. As long as it isn't beat up or quirky I think it's an okay buy. I would probably pay more for Halo :ghillie:.
-Ty

#3 User is offline   deltapaintball 

• Josh Foote
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:deltapaintball

Posted 22 March 2009 - 05:38 PM

150 for that package isnt bad at all.
Coming soon.

#4 User is offline   sipbgod94 

• proud pistol toter
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2009 - 05:52 PM

Don't go with an Ion please... I played with my friends today because he thought it was broken but I fixed it (minor leak). Anyway his Ion was brand new when it "broke" so he just ended up getting a mini. I used the Ion most of the day today to try it out and wow that thing is horrible. Granted some Ion's shoot very nice with several upgrades on it you should just go the extra cash for a new mini or G3. If not with that amount of money you could get some decent used markers.
Resident Lax know-all, got a lacrosse related question ask here.

#5 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:17 PM

When it comes to SP markers in that price range, I'd rather have an SP1 or Vibe.
Member of Team Akkadian

#6 User is offline   mass destruction 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:29 PM

There are better markers for the price. I would recommend an icd promaster, just remember you'll need an asa.
(quote-Iron Eagle) This is why my preferred way of death is strapping a bomb to myself, walking into PETA HQ and detonating it.
(Quote-weltmaker2000) I don't call my guns pumps. I refer to them as euthanizers of the stupid.

#7 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:59 PM

View PostTyTy, on Mar 22 2009, 12:20 PM, said:

There are much better markers to be snagged for $150-200. MUCH better. Ask for opinions, suggestions, and look around on forums or eBay for used markers. In regards to this thread...
I think you would like it better than your Pilot, but you NEED to make sure it works flawlessly. In the case that it does work fine, it should serve you well as a beginner's speedball marker with decent firepower. Shoot it a little bit, maybe borrow it for a game and get a feel for it. As long as it isn't beat up or quirky I think it's an okay buy. I would probably pay more for Halo :D.
-Ty

in case i didnte make it clear, i would be getting them both together if possible, i have used it, i do like it, it isnt beat up or nothind, real nice

what i needed to know is if there are any design flaws in its air system that can not be fixed, also can a qev be added

i know for a fact that the ramping mode doesnt work, but i always use plain old semi or burst anyhow

and its not going to be 150$ most likely(i see i miss informed you), if i can i will be tradeing a 98c with response for it

the guy trades guns alot, but he doesnt like the accuracy, and honestly he cant handle that gun

the color is right, it works right, the price is right, but is it easy to rapair the air system if it leaks?

right now it doesnt leak, and i have 2 other teamates with super uped ions and know a few others with them, but becuase of my budget i can absolutely not go with anything that can shoot faster then an ions 17bps

im just wanting to know if i can easily make repairs to it(such as the internal airlines)

if you need anymore information, just let me know

just to state the condition of the gun, its had maybe 4 cases of paint on it, it broke in, and shooting nice but he is getting an 07 or 08 ego i belive it is
offical saber #137

#8 User is offline   Ecellg 

• Landing gear 25' from plane.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ecellg

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:08 PM

View Postkingcheese, on Mar 22 2009, 08:59 PM, said:

View PostTyTy, on Mar 22 2009, 12:20 PM, said:

I think you would like it better than your Pilot, but you NEED to make sure it works flawlessly. In the case that it does work fine, it should serve you well as a beginner's speedball marker with decent firepower. Shoot it a little bit, maybe borrow it for a game and get a feel for it. As long as it isn't beat up or quirky I think it's an okay buy. I would probably pay more for Halo :D.
-Ty

the guy trades guns alot, but he doesnt like the accuracy, and honestly he cant handle that gun

If he uses a lot of guns, and he doesn't like it, why would you want it? I've had an Ion, and I sold it after two uses. There are lot's of good guns in that price range.
FULDA GAP 2009
Serving In The:
U.S. 3rd Mechanized Infantry Division/3rd Brigade 3-22 Infantry
NATO WILL Be Victorious This Next Year

#9 User is offline   TyTy 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:23 PM

If YOU like it and it feels good in YOUR hands and YOU like the way it shoots that is a huge plus. If you're trading a 98 for it then I would snag it. Yes, a QEV can be added. The "air system" isn't too difficult to mess with. A lotta people like putting new regulators on them to make them more consistant and efficient. Hehe, a lotta people like putting a lotta things on them in general. I guess it isn't a difficult marker to mess with, but it might be a pain to keep in service. It works well, and it's probably pretty easy to fix, but the real question is how often you'll have to fix it. There's a chance it'll work fine, maybe even great, and you have other teammates who know a little something about the Ion it sounds like. If you're confident I would say go for it. Just keep realizing there are much nicer markers out there for $150 if you end up not trading. The least you'd get is a nice loader :laugh:.
-Ty

This post has been edited by TyTy: 22 March 2009 - 08:23 PM

#10 User is offline   Green Army Men 

• Melting Away The Competition
  • PipPip

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:30 PM

View Postdeltapaintball, on Mar 22 2009, 05:38 PM, said:

150 for that package isnt bad at all.

a stock ion and a halo, used is like mabye $120 on the Nation.
THP

Its a Tippmann(It probably has the stock Accuracy of a Grapefruit) -----destoryka

#11 User is offline   TyTy 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:31 PM

Around $60 for the Halo, which means he's paying around $100 for a like new Ion? Not great but not terrible by any means I would say.
-Ty

This post has been edited by TyTy: 22 March 2009 - 08:32 PM

#12 User is offline   Green Army Men 

• Melting Away The Competition
  • PipPip

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:40 PM

stock ion thats used
THP

Its a Tippmann(It probably has the stock Accuracy of a Grapefruit) -----destoryka

#13 User is offline   TyTy 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:43 PM

View PostGreen Army Men, on Mar 22 2009, 11:40 PM, said:

stock ion thats used

Yeah. Like I said. Nothing special but it's not a disaster.
-Ty

#14 User is offline   kook 

• leet as the street
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:51 PM

I would seriously look into getting an SLG or an Ion XE just because the original ions aren't bolt out back. Sure it seems like a deal now, but just wait till you need to clean it a few times. It gets old real fast.
My SpecOps Feedback

Put This In Your Sig if You Work Long And Hard For Your Paintball Money
I support Mike and TechPb. Put this in your sig if you do too.

#15 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:24 AM

View Postkook, on Mar 22 2009, 09:51 PM, said:

I would seriously look into getting an SLG or an Ion XE just because the original ions aren't bolt out back. Sure it seems like a deal now, but just wait till you need to clean it a few times. It gets old real fast.

how do you clean an ion, about how long would it take

i got a used pilot for 30$ to replace my 98, my 98 took an hour an a half to clean, and almost everything had to be taken apart

would it be harder or longer to clean then the 98?

-thank you for all your help
offical saber #137

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users