Special Ops Paintball: To go Mil-Sim or Not to go Mil-Sim - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

To go Mil-Sim or Not to go Mil-Sim That is the question my wallet cries about... Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 07:28 AM

Ok so here's an updated list of possibles.
List is in order of quality high to lower

Evo-X $625 shipped w/Life Saver Anno (May convert to E or keep the slider) Needs QEV's and Clamping Feed
AGD Tac-One Warped Left $572 w/ULT
CCM Series 6 $500
Tib T-9 Pro $400 plus $52 w/ quicks a mag...
ATS AT-4 Kit $785 w/ Python Kit & Lightened trigger kit
AT-10 Kit $475 w/Python & Trigger
TM-7 $400

The TM-7 is tempting at the price but then again so is the Evo. Frankly the ATS is looking like less and less of a good investment, $725 is alot of cash for a marker that doesn't have a great deal of support and is on par with performance... I added the Tac-One to the mix cause I like the RT, have a warp feed colleting dust and frankly even with air usage issues the TaC-One is a great marker. The Tib line is also added though the mag price is a serious issue. Damn I hate decisions like this, go Mil-Sim or not?

Also to add to the conversation I have a SMAW so the light and tight is of the TM-7 or AT-10 or T-9 make them nice alternatives when carrying around 3' of whoop butt.

This post has been edited by Steed: 13 December 2008 - 07:31 AM

#17 User is offline   no remorse 

• Awesome
  • Pip

Posted 15 December 2008 - 04:27 PM

Maybe add a little and get a bob long mtac. Its kinda over priced http://www.boblongdirect.com/index.php?opt...&Itemid=119

#18 User is offline   Canadienkid 

• Ambush Guy
  • Pip

Posted 15 December 2008 - 04:41 PM

Get a G3 such a nice marker without blowing th bank. Also TM-7 are very nice as well. I enjoy both guns.

#19 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:23 PM

Like I said before DP hasn't blown my socks off yet enough to warrant an investment, as for as the M-Tac, last thing I need is a solid marker wieghed down with useless crap. The M7 is appealing because its designed form and actual functionality.

#20 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

• always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:StealingYerMail

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:42 AM

Tac-Ones are some sick markers... I love mine. They're not too good on air, but not really terrible either. I think their quality makes up for it though, and they look so awesome.

I think the BT TM-7 is cool marker, I haven't used one but they caught my eye and I don't care for milsim too much. They could be a good investment, but then again, it's just really a more expensive Invert Mini.
Maggot #53
MacDev 06 Cyborg, AGD Tac-One
Death before Smart Parts Feedback

#21 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:42 AM

View PostSteed, on Dec 12 2008, 02:36 PM, said:

... I'm actually looking back at mechs but only want to spend around $600-$700...

View PostSteed, on Dec 12 2008, 04:38 PM, said:

... I want a solid marker out of the box, not a project peice where I'll have to replace half the damn parts to get it to be quality.

Those two statments = a Palmers Blazer, atleast that's what I think. You're probably pushing just over your $700 if you wanted a fair amount of upgrades: matched & ported barrel, stab, double trigger, etc. That's if you are dead set on buying brand new, but of course there is a handful of quality used brass flying around out there - Hawk1216's comes to mind. And if you are afraid of getting a lemon (as if there are many bad Blazers), you could do a third party thru Palmers & have them check the marker out first. Unfortunately you just missed a huge 35% off sale on their "on the shelf" custom markers - that would've been a great way to get a quality upped Blazer for under $700.

The mag family is obviously quality & can definitely be had for under the $700 price tag. It would be shooting great right "out of the box" as well. They can require a bit of tinkering though, but, as was already stated, you're a cocker owner so you should be able to handle it.

MP seems to be the resident expert on the AT markers so I'll defer to him in that area. If he says they're awesome I definitely believe him. Of course, he's not the only one who says it though so that just adds more weight to what he says about the quality & fun factor of those markers.

EDIT: As was stated, the TM-7 is a Mini in a milsim shell, a very cool milsim shell! I haven't had the opportunity to even see one in person, but I know players who own the Mini & their experience has been nothing but positive w/ it. The TM-7 is not, however, a mechanical (obviously).

Based on some of your statements you don't particularly care that much for milsim so I'm not sure why it's a factor for you - if the marker shoots great, who cares which category it falls into?

This post has been edited by ger: 16 December 2008 - 02:48 AM

ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#22 User is offline   SFC. Connell 

• *Extreme Strategist*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SFC. Connell

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:53 AM

reading through this whole thing I've realize one thing...you are very picky. I understand your going to drop a pretty penny into a gun but almost every gun people have said to go with you've countered with a reason why you dont like it. Quite frankly, why start a thread if your going to just turn everyone's opinions down?

That being said I'll throw my 2 cents and see if its even considered.

I agree with SYM, Tac-One. Sick Marker, very reliable, can be fast, is durable. These are some of the tings I think of when I think of someone who plays both woods and speed all with the same marker. Blazers are sweet, saw someone using that a game once and was just amazed. Mini's...they are just sweet little guns.

As far as what I disagree with, Spyder. Yeah they just need oil and atowel and you are down with your post game cleaning...but honestly, they can be money pits as well. From what I've seen a Ion can be minimully upgraded and out perform tippy's and spyders hands down. Seriously drop a blackheart board into it and your all set.
Feedback

She faked a funeral so people would come visit?
ROFLMAO That's both terrible and hilarious at the same time.-Pirate

#23 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:24 AM

View Postger, on Dec 16 2008, 03:42 AM, said:

View PostSteed, on Dec 12 2008, 02:36 PM, said:

... I'm actually looking back at mechs but only want to spend around $600-$700...

View PostSteed, on Dec 12 2008, 04:38 PM, said:

... I want a solid marker out of the box, not a project peice where I'll have to replace half the damn parts to get it to be quality.

Those two statments = a Palmers Blazer

QFT
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#24 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:42 AM

Bob Long.
All I'm gonna say.

Of the ones you listed, the TM-7 and Tac-One would be my favorites. I have teammates shooting both of those and I haven't seen a single problem with either one.
Palmer's Blazers are pretty nasty too. I've never heard one complaint about a Palmer's gun.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#25 User is offline   Unkel Fester 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Unkel Fester

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:57 AM

You could go with the best of oth worlds. The stock Tippmann A5 works as a functional speedball marker, but there are also all sorts of mil-sim mods you can get. I'm converting mine into an M4 clone. This way you basically have one gun that performs two functions. B)

#26 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• Commonwealth Expeditionary Force
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:DigitalPirate

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:26 AM

Look into MILSIG.

Think RAP4, only quality, and .68.

#27 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:44 AM

Looking for Acme me anvil to drop on Fester...

As for the Blazer the thought crossed my mind, briefly. As much as Palmers stuff is quality I've seen too many bad experiences with Blazers to want to invest, I'm sure they're great and all but not my cup of tea I don't like a marker that specifly say's touch me there and I'll ruin your week end...

As for the Ion, upgrades are 1 thing, replacing parts and switches that break is another, I've seen WAY to many Ions become scrap becuase of stripped bango's busted on/offs and needs an decent board out of the box, if I buy a marker and instantly have to drop $200 on a board and feed neck I'm alittle turned off. As for Spyder's there isn't much you can do to a Spyder beyond a spring kit and possibly a new board.

As for the other post about my "pickiness" I have every high standards for the gear I use, very high. The list I have assembled are markers that I see as worth while investments, I've looked into other such as the Bob Long Vice/Protege and others in my price mark and I am interested in them, just not entirely sure if I want to invest. I am open to suggestions but over the years I've found what markers fit my needs and which clearly don't.
I like the look and feel of Mil-Sim but I don't like playing dress-up, if I buy a marker I want to be a quality built marker that doesn't have an identity crisis (M-Tac) or fan boy complex (Tippman). The TM-7 is outside of this catagory becuase of it's original design (Mini) and redesign, form and function are smooth and come in 1 package, not 3 over priced ad-ones or dead weight cosmetics and shells.

As far as AGD goes, my only problem is finding the one I want, I have a warp feed and want to use it, I like the Tac-ONe but for some reason getting a Warp-Left right now is rather hard, I am thinking of just getting a ULE WL but I'm not sure yet.

The other issue I'm having is that I might actually get both my cockers working, which would be freaking great since I love the Curse (I'll post picks soon and give a story about her later) but with my Law I can carry both so I'm actually giving thought to still getting a CCM (limited paint, a forcing my finger OFF the trigger) or an AT-10 for fun or a Tib8... But yeah the compiled list is kind of my compiled best of for the price range.

MilSig is yet another supplier of the T68 and Trinity lines, still the same guns.

This post has been edited by Steed: 16 December 2008 - 09:46 AM

#28 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:43 AM

View PostSteed, on Dec 16 2008, 11:44 AM, said:

Looking for Acme anvil to drop on Fester...

:laugh:

I don't get why you think the M-Tac is having an "identity crisis"... but the TM-7 is perfectly fine? If the TM-7 is a Mini w/ a milsim look, wouldn't that qualify as "dead weight cosmetics and shells?" Now, if your reasoning for not wanting the M-Tac is the astronomical price when compared to the TM-7, then I get it completely.

Just for kicks, what problems have you seen from the Blazer? I only ask because I had never heard anything bad about one until this past weekend when my cousin was relaying a couple bad reviews he read online somwhere. It's interesting I would hear two different people within days of each other say something bad about the Blazer. Just trying to keep my mind open & my feet grounded... thanks.

This post has been edited by ger: 16 December 2008 - 10:45 AM

ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#29 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:15 PM

It's not an issue with the marker or the company really, the last time I saw a Blazer fielded, honestly the only times (twice) one had fallen slightly out of time the other had a bad trigger spring, both times the players where technically adapt and could probably time a cocker or shim a mag in their sleep but couldn't get their Blazers running, that leaves a very bad taste in my mouth even if it only happens once in a blue moon. I've had my fill of tinker with me guns (yet I'm looking at getting another mag or cocker), I want something to yank out of the box, gas up and run, no questions or doubts when I turn the knob or if it does miss a step I can fix it without sending to the other side of the country. Blazers are good guns but for me, I'd rather of the same thing in a slightly larger package.
Regaurding the TM-7 vs M-Tac, the TM-7 had it's electronics completely redesigned to fit into the M-7 shell/profile, from what I've seen of the M-Tac it's a Marq in a shell with afew pretty cut outs on the body. Now if the M-Tac has some real changes to it, then I'd give it a second thought, but at the end of the day I'd rather have a Marq then an M-Tac since the M-Tac is inherantly flawed compared to the Marq (Big Heavy Shell) with only cosmetic gains, the TM-7 looks, feels and handles different then the Mini.

#30 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:32 PM

Updating the list...

Evo-X $650 (Rasta/Life Saver Ano), or $550 For E-Conversion
One of the best markers ever released, fast, light and reliable able to be classic Mech, CCM pump or too fast E.
ATS AT-4 $745 w/ Light Trigger Pull kit
AT-10 $445 w/ Light Trigger Pull
True Mil-Sim, clip fed, 12 bps Mech FA, loud as hell and just mean w/ the AT-10 being an F/A pistol.
AGD Tac-One $610 w/ ULT & hosing
WL $660 WL +
ULE WL $536 Speced out & Delivered
A great gun, high speed, low drag but sucks air faster then a fat kid running up stairs to get some ice scream.
Tib8 Trimmed $450 w/ Mag
A great primary or side arm, light and accurate it's your best freind when times are tough or when you just need alittle something extra.
TM-7 $400
Light wieght, fast speed to be considered the modern mag if there ever was one or will be, the TM-7 is a fast package, light wieght and easy to use.
CCM Series 6 $500
Shoots like butter, frankly that's all that needs to be said.
BL Vice $750
Dear God I can repaint the world, stupidly fast, consistant, reliable and menical more firepower in your hands then you know to do with, added with a Tadao Yakuza and all the trimmings there's little doubt about Bob Long's Intimidator in the 21st.

Man why is it that I want to make the list shorter yet it gets longer?

This post has been edited by Steed: 16 December 2008 - 12:58 PM

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users