• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Newbie To Paintball I think I may play the dagger position? Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_NERVE007_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:19 AM

Hi I am a paintball newbie and I think some of you experinced guys can tell me how this position works?

#2 User is offline   Rednecker 

• Hard to hit a 5'6 100 pound target huh.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Rednecker

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:34 AM

there is plenty of stuff on the dagger position in the forum. Read that stuff and if you still have a question make it specific. Also read the dagger info in specops brigade. Between those two you should get everything.
If you've bunkered someone put this in your sig.

Pain is temporary
But glory lasts forever

#3 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:32 AM

Personally I would play the sport for at least six months. Afterwards I would look back and see where I am mostly found. Then read through the SO positions and determine where you fit into their positions.

#4 Guest_NERVE007_*

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:22 AM

View PostRednecker, on Mar 6 2008, 09:34 AM, said:

there is plenty of stuff on the dagger position in the forum. Read that stuff and if you still have a question make it specific. Also read the dagger info in specops brigade. Between those two you should get everything.

Thanks for the advice I will look into that.

View PostDark Shadow Hunter, on Mar 6 2008, 11:32 AM, said:

Personally I would play the sport for at least six months. Afterwards I would look back and see where I am mostly found. Then read through the SO positions and determine where you fit into their positions.

I will also try your advice as well

#5 User is offline   dogstile 

• who knew that i would become the local legend?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:dogstile

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:22 AM

my post didn't post?

if you want to try dagger, try flanking and mad rush's, its a good way to learn, you can then start running the flag, ect, if you feel you want to be a dagger first

although you could try sabre first, its a bit of everything, then focus on the playstyles you like
"tippman rocks, if you think the same, put this in your sig"
"if the first thing you would grab if your house was on fire is your paintball gear, put this in your sig"
"if you love paintball more then your relatives, put this in your sig"
"if you are addicted to paintball, put this in your sig"

#6 User is offline   CRAZEDFRONTMAN 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CRAZEDFRONTMAN

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:28 AM

You are the pointman, the one who fires the first shot usually. You want to be quick and smart on you feet. Playing speedball will help.

#7 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:34 AM

not to burst your bubble or anything..but i think "Postions" are uesless...just play where and how you play best..dont limit yourself due to the "positions" restrictions..Just my 2 cents

T-Freak
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   EPIC_Fox 

• filth.fm
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EPIC_Fox

Posted 07 March 2008 - 02:28 PM

View PostT-Freak, on Mar 7 2008, 12:34 PM, said:

not to burst your bubble or anything..but i think "Postions" are uesless...just play where and how you play best..dont limit yourself due to the "positions" restrictions..Just my 2 cents

T-Freak

QFT

Just play paintball. You don't need a website to tell you how you play. I play every where, front, mid and back.
Boss Paintball

#9 User is offline   jmeister 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 March 2008 - 04:07 PM

I'd have to say play without thinking "this is what a dagger does" and see where that takes you. That way you see how YOU play, not how a dagger plays. That will get the best out of you. in other words, the position picks you, not the other way around.

I'd also agree to the point made "don't restrict and limit yourself". Just because you're considered a "dagger" doesn't mean you can't do anything else.

#10 User is offline   oerllikon 

• All closed bolt.... Awwww yeeaah
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIA5 Dagger

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:56 PM

just get a feel for how you play naturally. i like to play up front, so i guess im called a dagger

#11 User is offline   Foil 

• Team T.W.O.
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Foil

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:05 PM

Welcome to the sport. Are you playing with a regular group or mostly doing walk ons with strangers currently? Would highly recommend getting with a group and adding your abilities to theirs. It's a team sport and always the most fun when played as such. If your thinking of being a dagger or a front man you probably are aggressive and like to get field, awesome, now adapt that to your crew and watch how your game takes off.
IPB Image

Co founder of Team T.W.O. Battle Creek, Michigan.
Dagger - "In your face, then in your base"

#12 User is offline   poohbear13 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:POOHBEAR13

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:43 AM

Please don't limit yourself by playing one position. As your game grows and progreses you will find a style that you prefer wether front middle or back or maybe even sneaky like a "sniper". BUT and heres the tricky part once you have found that style that you prefer and are good at try not to play that way. try to do things that make you feel uncofrtable. by doing these things you will gain new skills that will make you even better. i typicaly like to play in the front and the hardest thing for me is to play back. but i do it on a regular basis becase it makes me better, and i gain a bunch of respect for the back guys that make my job so much easier. so always try to push your limits and your cofort level and there is no telling how good you can become.

#13 Guest_NERVE007_*

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:24 AM

View PostFoil, on Mar 8 2008, 11:05 PM, said:

Welcome to the sport. Are you playing with a regular group or mostly doing walk ons with strangers currently? Would highly recommend getting with a group and adding your abilities to theirs. It's a team sport and always the most fun when played as such. If your thinking of being a dagger or a front man you probably are aggressive and like to get field, awesome, now adapt that to your crew and watch how your game takes off.

Ok thanks for the advice.

View Postpoohbear13, on Mar 9 2008, 12:43 PM, said:

Please don't limit yourself by playing one position. As your game grows and progreses you will find a style that you prefer wether front middle or back or maybe even sneaky like a "sniper". BUT and heres the tricky part once you have found that style that you prefer and are good at try not to play that way. try to do things that make you feel uncofrtable. by doing these things you will gain new skills that will make you even better. i typicaly like to play in the front and the hardest thing for me is to play back. but i do it on a regular basis becase it makes me better, and i gain a bunch of respect for the back guys that make my job so much easier. so always try to push your limits and your cofort level and there is no telling how good you can become.

what would be a good sniper gun ?

#14 User is offline   Panzer1992 

• Rugby Guy
  • Pip

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:13 AM

View PostT-Freak, on Mar 7 2008, 12:34 PM, said:

T-Freak

Exactly.

#15 User is offline   dogstile 

• who knew that i would become the local legend?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:dogstile

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:40 PM

View PostNERVE007, on Mar 10 2008, 02:24 PM, said:

what would be a good sniper gun ?

GARAAAAGH! the one question i hate

if your not concerned about noise, I've heard the tippmanns can be quite good
"tippman rocks, if you think the same, put this in your sig"
"if the first thing you would grab if your house was on fire is your paintball gear, put this in your sig"
"if you love paintball more then your relatives, put this in your sig"
"if you are addicted to paintball, put this in your sig"

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users