• You cannot reply to this topic

TM-15 Vs. X7 What should I buy? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Midnightmamba 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:35 AM

Hey there.

I am hoping to get others opinions on the pros / cons of both the BT TM-15 or the Tippy X-7. As a rule, I generally only play woodsball and have previously owned an A5 and was pretty happy with it. I got out of paintball for a while so I sold it to a friend. Now that I am getting back into paintball, it appears as though the markers have been upgraded a little bit so I would like opinions on what to buy. I'm not too concerned with cost as both of these are relatively the same price + or - $100 bucks or so. I would prefer to keep it under $700 w/ upgrades and add ons. I plan to run a remote if that makes any difference at all as it seems more comfortable.

PS. I forgot to mention that I prefer markers that tend to fall within the mil-sim look.

Thanks for your help!

This post has been edited by Midnightmamba: 23 October 2009 - 11:36 AM

#2 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:08 PM

You're asking this question at just about the right time: Tippmann Phenom. I'd make that an option in place of the X7 if I were you.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#3 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:47 PM

The regular X-7 is basically an A-5 with a slightly better cyclone feed in a bigger milsim body. The TM-15 is an Invert Mini in a milsim body. The TM-15, because it is based on a high end marker, will offer better performance, though it may be a little more complex and require a bit more care. That's not to say it isn't reliable, just that regular maintenance (i.e. cleaning) should be done more often and will require a bit more work.

The TM-15 requires compressed air. And you will need to buy a loader to keep up with the marker. The X-7 runs on CO2 or compressed air and the hopper (cyclone) is included.

If you really want the best performance, the TM-15 is the way to go. However, for ease of maintenance, ability to use CO2, and lower price, the X-7 is the way to go. You pick what is important to you.

Another thing to consider is the X-7 allows a great flexibility of looks. It can be an M4, G36, MP5, UMP, etc. You have tons of bolt-on accessory variety in stocks, mags, sights/carry handles and whatnot. The TM-15 is more limited to the M4/M468/SCAR look.

The X-7 Phenom though, should be on par in performance with the TM-15. It is designed like a high end marker. It's still too early to really tell how well it will do though. It looks like it may give the TM-15 a run for it's money.

If you have to decide right now, I'd go with the TM-15. It's been out for a while, the performance is established. How well the Phenom performs in the long run isn't known. It's not even for sale yet (just pre-orders).

I think it would be best if you wait a little bit until some preliminary tests come in on the Phenom. Then make your decision from there. But I really don't think you can go wrong with the TM-15 either way.

EDIT: For some TM-15 info, watch this vid: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=AAPdY511dm0
My friends on Team FEAR did a pretty nice overview of the features and performance. They have a ton of vids on many different markers, so check a few others out if you have the time.

This post has been edited by Jackson: 23 October 2009 - 01:49 PM

#4 User is offline   Minnesota Sn1p3r 

• Back on the Attack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MN Sn1p3r

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:29 PM

I would take the X7 Phenom over the TM-15, that phenom looks REALLY nice! BT Makes nice guns, but Tippmann has been around longer. Yes, yes, I know that Tippmann's quality has faded somewhat over the years, but dont let that scare you, they still make a solid marker!
"Its better to out-think your enemy than to out-fight them" - Sun Tzu

"I dont like paying for the same realestate twice" - General George S. Patton

#5 User is offline   BLACK MAMBA 

• Living Luxerific
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:41 PM

tm15 hands down.
Posted Image
MM PB /VALKEN / FLASC / CCC / COMPULSIVE / MSS / TIBERIUS / GUERRILLA

#6 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:17 PM

id look into the phenom. makes me wish i woulda waited a while to order my sp1.
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#7 User is offline   SIEFKA 

• Matt Fitzgerald
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIEFKA

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:36 PM

Wait it out, wait for better reviews for the x7 phenom. So far in the description of the x7 that it is better especially when your able to switch from mechanical to battery power with a click of a button. But also if you can't wait span your view into other markers. Look at the big picture and if your going for woodsball then fine, these markers are great (so far x7). Idk it's your choice.

#8 User is offline   Bagheera 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Bagheera

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:54 AM

Get the X-7 Phenom. It's basically a less expensive Automag E-Tac that is Tippman compatible, and you can't go wrong with a valve design based off of an Automag.

WTB Tac-One Warp Right Body

"No such thing as a paintball sniper? I can see how you'd think that, but remember, just because you can't see us, doesn't mean we don't exist." - AnEchoSoldier

#9 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:24 AM

If you are going to spend $700 I would suggest a used HE that you won't have to upgrade. Or a new, slightly cheaper, electro.

#10 User is offline   TheEnd 

• I am the who when you call "Who's there?"
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheFear07

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:17 PM

Tm7 or Tm15, get a good hpa tank, and a good loader. You will be much better off, because you will have everything necessary to use a high end with later down the road. Plus tippmanns are notorious money pits.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.

#11 User is offline   Tim Burton 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:53 PM

Buy a used X7. Money's tight. I've seen some awesome deals for $250-400 for a seriously upped X7 on here or X7OG in the recent months. Then use the money you saved for paint and travel costs.

#12 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:24 AM

TM15, IMO. that and a decent loader shouldn't be too much, unless you need a HPA tank, and even then, you can run a small 48/3 steelie, and not break 600$.

as far as performance goes, the TM15 is by far the better option. Remember the X7 is basically just an A5 that's been 'prettied up', and even that's just a 98C with a cyclone. the TM15 is, more or less a mini. And there's no two ways about it, mini > 98C. the TM15 has an anti-chop system for sustained 15BPS, the X7 doesn't. The TM15 has a regulator system, the X7 doesn't. Both markers are going to be fairly durable, though if you play where you're going to be submerging the markers in question, you're probably better off with the X7. If you just play where there's some rain and mud, both are gonna be fine. General maintnence is probably going to be better with the TM15, since it's BOB and all you have to do is pull that, clean off the bolt, re-lube it, and put it back in, no dinking with clamshells. as far as upgrades go, with the X7 you'd need to put money into the cyclone, the Tm15? well, you *could* buy and put money into a hopper, but why? Just get a decent hopper, (I like the Halo too, from invert, personally, though the spyder fastas are excllent for the price range as well) and you're done, no need to put any more money into it.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#13 User is offline   Midnightmamba 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:33 PM

Thank you for all the imput thus far; right now I believe that I'm leaning towards the TM15 at the moment. All other info will be greatfully considered though.

Thanks again.

#14 User is offline   Bagheera 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Bagheera

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:40 PM

Or...... get a Tac-One if you're definitely going HPA, and you can get electro performance without electro worries. Just sayin'....

WTB Tac-One Warp Right Body

"No such thing as a paintball sniper? I can see how you'd think that, but remember, just because you can't see us, doesn't mean we don't exist." - AnEchoSoldier

#15 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:HELL-FIRE

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:41 AM

Can I renew this thread with the both the TM15 and the Phenom being out for a while...

Phenom vs TM15?

What I'm thinking:
  • running HPA
  • an electric, RipClip or Qloader on the TM15

Some Question:
  • is the cyclone on the Phenom same performance as previous?
  • The one thing that really stands out to me is the "Semi Auto Mechanical" on the Phenom ...would this be the deciding factor for many? HOWEVER the battery in the mag looks very simple to change out rather quickly.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users