• You cannot reply to this topic

Should I get a proto matrix? Im pretty new

#1 User is offline   Naughty Dog 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Naughty Dog

Posted 08 August 2005 - 04:41 PM

Im pretty new too paintball, but i do know a lot about it, should i get a proto matrix if i live by Hell Survivors(woodsball)?

#2 Guest_WeapsO_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 August 2005 - 12:04 AM

no.

if you don't know what the heck you're doing (as is pretty evident in this forum), then you don't need to spend that much money. Heck, you don't even deserve a gun like that if you're as new as you appear to be.

#3 User is offline   Mud Dog 

• I play paintball like the ferret--I stink but I have a good time
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Mud Dog

Posted 09 August 2005 - 08:20 PM

WeapsO, on Aug 9 2005, 12:04 AM, said:

no. 

if you don't know what the heck you're doing (as is pretty evident in this forum), then you don't need to spend that much money.  Heck, you don't even deserve a gun like that if you're as new as you appear to be.

<_<

I may be able to help. I had a Proto Matrix but wound up selling it. It's a good gun and I had fun with it. I used its speed and accuracy to shoot my way out of more than one situation. It's light, fast, quiet and accurate.

My problem was a feature it had: the Proto shuts down if it isn't fired within ten minutes. Now, that's just fine for speedball and tournaments--you'll be shooting a lot of paint within a short period of time.

Woodsball and scenarioball are different. I lost some sniper shots with the Proto because I spent my time getting into position. During this time the Proto would shut down because it was longer than ten minutes before a shot was available. THAT is frustrating. I couldn't find a single board that would allow me to bypass the shut-down feature. I wound up selling my gun because of it.

But that's just me. I know players who use such high end guns for woodsball et al. and love them for it. I know I did. If I could have found a way around the ten minute shut-off I'd probably still have it.

Another downside: Price. If you're new, I wouldn't suggest dropping that sort of money right out of the gate.

If you want an electronic gun, check out the Smart Parts Ion. I would have bought one instead of my Proto if the Ion had been out at the time I was looking for an electic gun. There are several complete reviews of the Ion (and other electric guns) elsewhere in the Forum. I'd read them and consider what other players have to say.

Look around and see what's available in your area. You might be able to borrow a gun or two from your friends before making your final decision.

Good luck, and have fun.
Maintainence" should be routine. (cleaning and lubrication) In all fairness, most "maintainence" " problems" can be avoided by getting it set-up right and leaving it alone. (true for most any paintgun) Something that I have learned over the years it that, "The more that you mess with it, the more you will have to mess with it."
Glenn Palmer

str8balla 101

Member # 18

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users