• You cannot reply to this topic

Invert Mini the Good and the Better Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Post icon  Posted 26 February 2010 - 11:58 AM

So I just took my brand new 09 Mini out for the first time...put it thru its paces at a 2 day scenario game. The current setup includes a Pure Energy 48/3k LPA tank & an Invert Reloader 2 hopper. Paint used was Karnage Blue box (high grade) with orange fill.
Here are my thoughts so far...

Packaging:
The Mini comes well packaged. The box is cardboard (no more metal carry cases I guess) but solid & with excellent foam padding. Nothing moves around or gets banged up, so a new Mini has no excuse to be damged before you open it. The instruction manual is clear, well written & includes numerous full color photos...definitely one of the better manuals Ive seen, with high quality paper & printing.
Also included is a fairly nice tool/repair kit in a plastic case with all the tools needed to work on the marker as well as replacement springs, screws & detents.

Initial Impressions:
Sleek & light...extremely well balanced, the Mini naturally seems to want to snap up into firing position. I dont know if its the size, weight, or whatever, but the Mini has an excellent "feel" to it...very comfortable to hold.
I resisted the temptation to play with the circuit board immediately, but I did make a few minor adjustments to the trigger, which follows the standard 3 point adjustment system (pull, stop & contact point). Very simple.
Stock board setting is 12.5 bps semi auto, & is very simple to program. Includes semi mode, NPPL & PSP ramping, and NXL full auto.

On the field:
I attached the tank & hopper and start at the chrono range without making any further adjustments. My first single shot hits within 4 inches of the target center at approx. 50 ft with a fps of 276 (field limit 285). Wow - so far so good. The next 10 shots or so had similar results, with a range of 275 to 280 fps. Then I emptied the hopper, shooting as fast as I could. No breaks, accuracy remains consistant & without fps spiking or dropping. I found this to be consistant for the whole weekend - at no time did I have to adjust the velocity at all.
The Mini help up well for the entire event, despite wet weather & a muddy field. The closest thing to an "issue" was my fault, not the markers. Note: do not repeatedly smack the grip with a large wooden pole. It may fall off. Just make sure that all of the set screws are tight & this shouldnt be a problem.
Over the course of the weekend I shot almost 2 cases pf paint with only one break (which may have been caused by damp paint) & no jams or other problems. Accuracy remained suprisingly good with the stock barrel, which only needed cleaning at the end of the game.

Overall:
I love this marker. It performs as well as advertised, and for the price (approx. $300 retail) is an incredible bargain. Light, fast, comfortable, responsive, and totally effective. I have nothing bad to say about this marker at all & would cheerfully reccomend it to anyone looking to buy a solid mid-range electro. It will not disappoint!

Posted Image

This post has been edited by The Stuntman: 03 March 2010 - 12:17 PM

#2 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 February 2010 - 02:55 PM

Exactly. I don't get why so many people hate on the Mini's. 90% of problems with them is user error. I :( mine. Its just so...simple. The board is easy. The dissasembly is easy. And velocity and regulator adjustment is a breeze.

The only thing I don't like is is that I don't think it is that efficient. Did you keep track of that? Well, you were using a 48.3000 so maybe not. I did have my pressure pretty high (tad over 200). I lowered it down to 190. Hopefully that works.

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:04 PM

If the Mini has a "weakness", air efficiency would be it. Not that its bad, but its not noticably good either. I was getting approx. 650+ shots out of the tank. I may consider a larger tank in the future, but its not a major priority for me. Im fairly conservative with rate of fire anyway, so its not that big a deal. Players who throw a whole case in a couple of hours may feel differently though...

#4 User is offline   Gravity 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:INVY

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:36 PM

I do know That with a Mini if you do have one that fires great it will alway fire great. They also have there moods anyone with a Mini knows what I am talking about.
None

#5 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:43 PM

Hey, Check these out:

http://www.zdspb.com...rtextender.html

The fore grip extenders and the snatch grip are in my opinion. (along with the lurker bolt)
the 3 best things a mini could ever ask for.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users