• You cannot reply to this topic

98 Broadsword What would I need? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Paintball Taliban 

• That Guy in the Corner you barely know
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MyNameWontFitHere

Posted 16 February 2007 - 09:22 PM

I have a Tippmann Model 98 (which I am trading for a used 98 Custom), and I was wondering how other people would go about turning it into an awesome Broadsword. I already have an Apex Barrel and a Rocket Cock II (keeps the gun clean), so if you would change anything, go ahead and tell me.

5N1P35 is my name on almost every other forum
Sabre #123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536

#2 User is offline   MRDEATHWISH 

• I AM BOB, DESTROYER OF WORLDS
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BOB THE AXE

Posted 16 February 2007 - 11:19 PM

I use a Custompro. If I were you I would ditch the rocket-cock because it makes the gun wwwwaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy quieter. Because the 98s are amost indestructable it isn't a big deal that some dirt gets in your marker. I really notcie how the loudness of ones marker can deceve the enemy into thinking they are being fired at while you are firing at someone else. Plus if you need to clean your marker more often because of the dirt, you can spot impending breakages in the CVX valve and wear in the sear from all the broadswording you are doing.

Another thing you might want to get is RT or Etrigger to increase you rate of fire. Almost all broadwrods I know are either using etriggers and response triggers and low them. If you do use some kind of ROF upgrade you may want you get an expantion chamber/stabalizer for co2 or if you are using HPA then you might want to get a regulator. Both of the gas devices increase gas efficiency and velocity spikes and drops so you can get more out of your tank.

Stocks and sights will increase your accuracy so they are recomended. A Dogleg stock makes it much more easier to use any sight be it iron, or red dot or scope. I dont recomend Scopes of any kind in paintball because of the bad eye reliefe. Your mask is about two inches away from you face making it hard to find a scope that has good eye reliefe. Another reason scopes are bad is because even with your apex you will not need to magnify your target to get a good shot at the maximum distance. On the other hand, the red dot sight is the best method os aquiring targets in paintball. Aproperly sighted red dot sight is cool looking and really helpfull. Personaly I recomend EOTECH red dot sights, they are as durable or posibly more than you 98c and have a large sighting area. The only downside to the EOTECH sights is that they are upwards of $400, but are well worth the money.

I hope the information stated here will help you.
"Trying to be less of an A-hole even if it does not seem like it."
1st Member of the SIGless union.

#3 User is offline   dillz 

• Badger Brgd. Outcast #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Reaper_666

Posted 17 February 2007 - 11:03 AM

I'd say if your going to upgrade your trigger for ROF then also upgrade your hopper I didn't see you mention what hopper you have but if your looking for a good increase in ROF then a elec. hopper is almost a must keeps the paint where you need it (in the chamber and not in the feed neck) lol.
I'd recommend a stock before a scope helps with control and accuracy also by holding it into your shoulder your marker moves less while firing.
I myself don't use a scope I just remember what I learned in the military to walk your shots in but then again I already have full auto and a huge hopper but if your laying pait fast then you should be able to see about where its going abd correct from there.
Also I'm not sure what gear you have for ball hauling but it's a good idea to get a good vest or belt that will hold a fair amount of pods I carry 8 full onto the field now in most games I don't go threw them all but that way I have no fear about runnin out of paint and can keep my guys covered for about as long as needed.

Just my thoughts man and welcome to the broadsword brotherhood. happy painting.
Sic vis pacem para bellum.
If you want peace prepare for war.
When injustice becomes law rebellion becomes duty...

#4 User is offline   Paintball Taliban 

• That Guy in the Corner you barely know
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MyNameWontFitHere

Posted 19 February 2007 - 02:21 PM

For a hopper, I was planning on getting a Cyclone hopper. I liked it when it was used with my friend's A5, and I'm planning on ordering it later (when I get a check). Also, I want my gun to have a high rate of fire, and it to be silent and accurate. That is because, every now and then, I play as a Sniper stand-in for my friend's team. Their sniper can't always make it to the games, and I'm always ready to be there within 10 minutes (I've been tested on that). That's why I'm keeping my Rocket Cock II. It helps the stealth portion of my playing, and it keeps people from knowing I've just shot their friend in the back. Otherwise, thank you for your advice, and I'll work on plans for my Tippmann 98 Custom (I might be going to trade for it today, I'll let you know how that goes). Thanks again, bye.

This post has been edited by Paintball Taliban: 19 February 2007 - 02:23 PM

5N1P35 is my name on almost every other forum
Sabre #123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536

#5 User is offline   dillz 

• Badger Brgd. Outcast #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Reaper_666

Posted 19 February 2007 - 03:54 PM

Good luck man. If your going with the cyclone feed system on it you may sooner or later want to look into upgrading the internals of it with the vortex mod it helps keep it together longer and allows for a higher rate of fire 25 bps the upgrade is only 50 bucks if I remember correctly
Sic vis pacem para bellum.
If you want peace prepare for war.
When injustice becomes law rebellion becomes duty...

#6 User is offline   Lil' C 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:C

Post icon  Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:58 PM

Go Cyclone w/ Vortex mods... :panzer: :panzer: :panzer:
Sigs aren't actually allowed on the Special Ops Forum, so I don't have one.

#7 User is offline   Heavyman25 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Heavyman25

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:23 PM

get a qloader or a cyclone for your 98 if you get a cyclone buy the vortex mod and lightening rod
like mrdeath said get an eotech thety are the best evem though they are 400$

#8 User is offline   Rich 

• Paintball is my life
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ww2patton

Posted 14 March 2007 - 05:22 PM

I 've got the same setup (custom pro) I suggest getting the air thru stock, and a decent eclectronic hooper( proberbly a view loader)
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

maximum 2 lines of text with images
Max 6 lines of text, no image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users