• You cannot reply to this topic

How can i attach a fake silencer i made it , but how can i attach it

#1 User is offline   Spades 

• forum pizzimp
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:sgt. spades

Posted 10 May 2008 - 05:58 AM

i dont want to have to put tape on the barrel, and i want it to be free floating on the end, i need a way to get it to stay on the barrel, and be able to take it completely off

Any suggestions?
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 10 May 2008 - 07:17 AM

maybe one of those foam insulation tubes for pipes? put part of one around the barrel and silencer can fit snugly over it?

#3 User is offline   JKLNHYD 

• OG Newb...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2008 - 07:25 AM

Put Saran Wrap and then tape...
My senior member list, Pm me if you think you should be on it. PUZUMA Tyler MurderDeathKill Animal Mother BlackOpsghost Evil Finger Uwannago Weapso Tyger Dr. Wiggy The Stuntman Cops911 Riddick Twistedpsyche Custom Cowboy CamoDeafie Redleg64 ClumsyNinja DigitalPirate Slinkyaroo The Dirty Samurai Neo Enhander AirHOg shadow 772 LONGBOW deltapaintball Styro shadowlord Gunslinger7 Enders War Prodigy evillepaintball Deus Wolf Rifleman ghost93 luke-inator
My New Homie List. PM me
agentM192 nos4atu florentine PhantomAssassin thebostinian T-Freak Ka1iBuR StealingYerMail Not You
My Profile Friend's List, who wants on?
"Calm you down? Done. Enjoy your vacation."- PuzumaClick the link

#4 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 10 May 2008 - 07:39 AM

maybe a car hose clamp, or a rubber band? Pictures would help.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#5 User is offline   Spades 

• forum pizzimp
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sgt. spades

Posted 10 May 2008 - 07:45 AM

i wouldnt know how id put a pic lol, what i did was take the inside of electrical tape (like the cardboard its all wrapped around, cut it and shoved it in the "silencer" then took cardboard and wedged that in, so its all in the "silencer", idk if it will eventually wear out so i wanna find a way to glue it inside...
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   kchadek 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:kchadek

Posted 10 May 2008 - 07:47 AM

well i made one outta pvc and I just have one tiny screw that hits the barrel, its only the stock barrel soo i dont care but otherwise try putting something soft on the end of the screw so it wont scratch it if u care about the barrel

#7 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:43 AM

View PostSpades, on May 10 2008, 08:58 AM, said:

i dont want to have to put tape on the barrel, and i want it to be free floating on the end, i need a way to get it to stay on the barrel, and be able to take it completely off

Any suggestions?

If you are using PVC pipe for the shell of your mock suppressor, you can use small set screws to secure the mock suppressor to your barrel. I did that with my mock suppressor and it works well. You can see the final product in the sniper mods section of this forum...I bought the one mounted on my M4 98C SOPMOD, but constructed the one mounted on my RAP4 pistol sniper mod conversion.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cost about $10 altogether. My mock suppressor is constructed from foam pipe insulation enclosed in PVC pipe. The pipe insulation keeps the PVC from bouncing around, and I secured the insulation to the pipe with some PVC cement. I then drilled 4 pilot holes into the PVC at the end furthest away from the barrel tip, and applied a coat of primer, and two coats of flat black paint. After the paint dried, I installed 4 set head screws through the pipe and insulation to secure the mock suppressor to the barrel. If you want to avoid scratching your barrel, apply some electrical tape around the barrel where the screws will bite in. Be careful when inserting the set screws not to overtighten, as you will will strip the PVC threads and relocate your set screw holes. Materials are commonly available at most hardware stores. Lowes and Home Depot sell remnant scraps of PVC for about $2, so you don't need to buy an entire length of pipe unless you're making more than 2 or 3 mock suppressors. Good luck with your project.

This post has been edited by Warpaint: 10 May 2008 - 08:48 AM

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Sugabare 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:12 AM

Great work on that marker, she sure does look sweet!

Curious on the size of pipe used and the screws? Could you provide a tighter shot of the suppressor? Thinking of doing one up for the weekend "wow" factor at the local field. Thanks.

Sugabare

#9 User is offline   xkpxfattyxx 

• Say WHAT?!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:21 PM

Using painter's tape worked for me. Didn't slide at all and felt great. When removing it didn't leave any gooey residue.
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by xkpxfattyxx: 27 June 2008 - 07:23 PM

#10 User is offline   rambo16 

• Midnight Raider
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rambo691

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:14 PM

Maybe drill in and tap it and put in a set screw or two?

#11 User is offline   kwood 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Hidden Cobra

Posted 05 July 2008 - 09:44 PM

Sounds like great ideas and such, but i heard silencers for any gun, marker, etc. are illegal or at least in NJ. clarification on that please.
OP Ivy Minor Threat Choking Victim Sabbath all that good stuff
WTB Autococker/a5/Spyder threaded barrels!!!

#12 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:19 PM

it's a fake silencer- just a tube of PVC pipe slid over the end of the barrel to give the appearance of a silencer.
I'm with xpkxfattyxx- just use painter's tape- btw that mini is hawt. :drool: needs a low- profile springfeed and a 12 gram changer.

:hawaiian:
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#13 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 06 July 2008 - 08:57 AM

View Postkwood, on Jul 6 2008, 12:44 AM, said:

Sounds like great ideas and such, but i heard silencers for any gun, marker, etc. are illegal or at least in NJ. clarification on that please.

With the exception of a few states, silencers (suppressors) are not illegal to own or fabricate in the U.S. Possession of a suppressor or suppressor parts requires registration, being of legal status to own a suppressor or parts, payment of registration fees (actually a tax), and accepting random audits by the ATF of the premises where the suppressor or suppressor parts are kept or stored. You should check local and state regulations before investing any time or money in suppressor purchase or fabrication.

Mock suppressors are legal in most if not all of the U.S., but some states require special marking (orange tip) to make a clearly apparent distinction between a non-functional replica and a real NFA regulated device. Local municipalities may also restrict where a replica firearm or device, including paintball markers and airsoft replicas may be used or demonstrated. Again, check with local authorities before taking any action with regards to suppressors, mock or otherwise.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users