Special Ops Paintball: A5 vs. X7 - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A5 vs. X7 views on which is better Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   KILLER TRENT 

• You show me an inch, and I'll show you the deadbox.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:snipa trent

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:01 AM

Hey guys I'v been looking into buying a tippmann gun cause I'm sick and tired of this piece of crap BT 4 but I don't know which one to buy. Both the X7 and the A5 are very customizable and durable but ones really new and the other everyone has. Also the x7 is about $400 just the main body and the A5 is about $200 (half the price of the X7). I mainly play sniper or medium rifleman so which one in your view would be the best for my situation.

#2 User is offline   lethalpanther 

• OOO a lizard!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:lethalpanther1

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:09 AM

they are both great guns, believe me, but get the a-5. The x-7 is basically the a-5 that's bulkier, and with a bigger price tag. For sniper and medium rifleman, the tippmanns are not exactly the best choice. Sniper, tippmanns are ungodly loud. Medium rifleman, they're heavy, and just get on my nerves sometimes. however, don't get me wrong, i still recommend them-they don't break on you and have a reputation for being invincible when treated poorly. If you have around $500 to spend(x7 plus ups), i would recommend an automag. they're accurate(as are most guns), simple to maintain, and are excellent markers for that price range. If you're willing to go electro, PMR's are nice for $275. Quiet, reliable, great. However IMO batteries do not belong in paintball guns. If you're really hardcore, you could get a pump, but....i don't recommend it for beginners.
Hope this helps!
It's only a game, you don't need to be afaid of anyone, except for ONE person. Its not the teenager with a marker worth more than your car. Its not the SPPL player with about 35 BPS firing rate. Its the 40 year old guy lying in a corner, taking a nap before the game begins. His camo will probably be old, and he will most likely be toting a pump. He's been playing since before you were born, and if he mentions how much he didn't like when he had to play with oil based paintballs, make SURE he is on your team. This guy is a ghost.-Match99
Your grace...Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought honourably. And Rhaegar died. - Ser Jorah Mormont

#3 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:32 AM

Might I inquire what the problem with the BT-4 is?

I mention this only because the A5 and X7 are more or less the same internals (function on the same principle, but may not be exactly interchangable) as the BT-4, but made with less quality parts.

For the same cost, you could get something far better. If you're dead-set on one or the other, get the A5. The X7 is the A5 with a higher price tag and some extra rails.
Member of Team Akkadian

#4 User is offline   Mitch Force 

• [l__(CRAYOLA)__l]>
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:39 AM

An x7 and an a5 are the same gun.

If your tired of low quality guns (tippmann, BT, spyder/clones), I would suggest going to higher end guns. Like the Planet Eclipse Etek, Cyborg, DM/PM model gun, or an automag.

#5 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:47 AM

I agree, In general I would consider BT-4s to be made to a slightly higher standard than A-5s and X7s.

The only definite advantage X7s have over A-5s is that they come with a slightly improved cyclone feed. This is only noticed if you for some reason are shooting upwards of 15bps. Aside from that the X-7 has a bulkier body, weighs more, and internally is the exact same valve system. It's only appeal is if you are into mil-sim modification. The A-5 also has a pretty big mil-sim appeal, but not to the extent of being impractical as the X-7.

With Tippmann's production moved to China I wouldn't necessarily consider them to super dependable or durable. They've been riding on that reputation from their earlier SMG, SL-68, and Carbine models where it actually was true. Tippmanns today are built just as solid as every other marker, and their internals are of no better quality.

If you're sure you want to get one, I would consider getting a used one with many of the frills you have in mind already on it. There's a used market flooded with Tippmanns which you can get at a really good price.

If you're looking for a step up in performance you might want to consider something a little different. ICE Epics, Classic Automags, and Palmer's Blazers/Typhoons are all examples of very nicely crafted mechanical markers. They can all run on CO2 excellently as well.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#6 User is offline   nighthawk4 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:nighthawk4

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:47 AM

An a5 is a smaller and cheaper version of the x7 the have pretty much the same internal setup but the x7 has some upgrades in the cyclone.
(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your sig. to help
(")_(") him gain achieve domination!

#7 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:05 AM

A5 Vs. X7?
ones heavy, ones heavier
ones Bulky, ones bulkier
ones loud, ones louder

going from BT4 to A5 or X7 is NOT an upgrade :)
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Souleater 

• Well, I HAD 300 posts....
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Village Idiot

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:16 AM

Yeah, basically what everyone else said.
I'd go with the A5 - Neither really an upgrade over your current BT4 (although the cyclone does count for something).
But the A5 would be the one I'd go with- a little lighter than the X7, cheaper for basically the same thing, etc.
Only thing the X7 is gonna be good for is easy milsim modification. Other than that it's just gonna be bulkier, not to mention harder to clean with all those rails and stuff....
I wanted an X7 when they came out, but after seeing them firsthand in the field, I'll not be getting one.
Posted Image
People who say anything is possible never tried to slam a revolving door!!
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the proper application of explosives and duct tape.
How's that for a contradiction?

#9 User is offline   mini gun 

• This space intentionally left blank
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:mini gun

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:23 AM

Go with the A-5 but don't upgrade it a lot. Tippmanns are good guns until you start to mess with them.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

• always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:StealingYerMail

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:20 PM

What do you mean until you mess with them? A Tippmann A-5 is better than the X7, simply because it's more practical, and is basically the same gun for cheaper. However, Tippmanns of any sort are money pits -- the money you put into it will not equal it's performance when you compare it to other markers.

BT is a higher quality than the new Tippmann. You're not "upgrading" to an A-5 from a BT-4, you're downgrading. And even then you're still wasting money as the guns are essentially the same thing, but BT uses a higher level of craftsmanship and maintains a higher quality in their products than Tippmann does now.

If you have $400 you are beyond low-level entry guns like Tippmanns. You can look into Autocockers and Automags, both of which eat Tippmanns for breakfast and BTs for lunch.
Maggot #53
MacDev 06 Cyborg, AGD Tac-One
Death before Smart Parts Feedback

#11 User is offline   AaronC 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:51 PM

Buy an SP1 and a nice hopper and never look at Tippmanns again.

#12 User is offline   Iron Eagle 

• Emotionally Exhausted & Morally Bankrupt
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Angry Badger

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:56 PM

A5 hands down. I would take that over almost any marker in the market today. The only difference the X7 has from the A5 is the slightly upgraded cyclone, the looks, and the price is $120 more. People will tell you that the X7's are the most modifiable gun out there, but don't listen to them. IMO, the A5 is even more upgradable.
Ambassador of intelligence, deliverer of logic, mirror to the obvious

#13 User is offline   AaronC 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:02 PM

It wouldn't need to be so upgradeable if it was actually all that good out of the box.

#14 User is offline   ikill4n2 

• speedball ftw
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:alec

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:15 PM

get a vibe or a sp1
HK ARMY
i rock a shocker
roll guns not blunts
Alabamian #5
free agent