Special Ops Paintball: A New Reg for My Epiphany - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A New Reg for My Epiphany Which do YOU recommend?

#1 User is offline   Aftershock 

• Paintball gets you all the girls man! Ha...right
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Rippingdoghead

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:08 AM

I've been seeing all of these people who have Epiphanys getting the CP regs instead of the stock ones but I don't really see why... will a new reg make that much of a difference?

Also I looked up CP regs on a few sites and it gives me a few choices of either a long reg, a short reg, and with or without a gauge port so what are the differences?

Thanks for the help
Owner of an AWESOME Epiphany!!!
(with SP 360 QEV,Virtue board, and Tech T L7 Bolt!)
- Tragedy is when I cut my finger, comedy is when you fall through an open sewer and die.
- "I want to die peacefully, like my grandfather, in his sleep. Not screaming, like the passengers in his car."
- 8% of Potatoes think that Iranian Tigers are in the process of flying a plane, if you're one of the -8% that think trees can breath underwater put this in you're sig.

#2 User is offline   Tenacious221 

• ELITE Member, now with matching elite patch!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Tenacious221

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:18 AM

View PostAftershock, on Sep 1 2008, 11:08 AM, said:

I've been seeing all of these people who have Epiphanys getting the CP regs instead of the stock ones but I don't really see why... will a new reg make that much of a difference?

Also I looked up CP regs on a few sites and it gives me a few choices of either a long reg, a short reg, and with or without a gauge port so what are the differences?

Thanks for the help

Regulators help you even out your shot to shot consistency. This is that +/- number you see often.

If you're not one of those guys who counts shots per fill, I wouldn't worry about it. The stock regulator is fine :(

-Tenacious

#3 User is offline   Aftershock 

• Paintball gets you all the girls man! Ha...right
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rippingdoghead

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:47 AM

Yeah i don't worry too much about my shots per fill but I heard somewhere I could bring my rate of fire up with a new regulator is this true?
Owner of an AWESOME Epiphany!!!
(with SP 360 QEV,Virtue board, and Tech T L7 Bolt!)
- Tragedy is when I cut my finger, comedy is when you fall through an open sewer and die.
- "I want to die peacefully, like my grandfather, in his sleep. Not screaming, like the passengers in his car."
- 8% of Potatoes think that Iranian Tigers are in the process of flying a plane, if you're one of the -8% that think trees can breath underwater put this in you're sig.

#4 User is offline   Tenacious221 

• ELITE Member, now with matching elite patch!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Tenacious221

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:54 AM

View PostAftershock, on Sep 1 2008, 11:47 AM, said:

Yeah i don't worry too much about my shots per fill but I heard somewhere I could bring my rate of fire up with a new regulator is this true?

Well there's something to be said for recharge rate (the time it takes the regulator to get your marker up to full pressure) but most fields and tournaments are capped at 15bps, and your stock regulator is more than capable of those speeds.

Of course, in the end its all up to you, maybe you simply want a cosmetic upgrade because most after market regulators would look better than the stock one.

Its up to you :blush:

-Tenacious

#5 User is offline   Kodiak 

• Captain DHP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kodiak

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:40 AM

View PostAftershock, on Sep 1 2008, 10:08 AM, said:

Thanks for the help

Thru personal experience and others experiences, the SP regs are a hit and miss. I know several ppl that have had great luck with the stock regs. +/- is great, recharge is good BUT I know others and myself that could not get it to work no matter what I did. I finally went to a Dye Hyper 2 and all my problems are now gone!. If your reg works, keep it and go on. If not you may need to change it. Don't change it just to change it thou. That would be a waste of money. Functionally the CP regs are the same.

#6 User is offline   the eggman 

• ninjadodjy is always watching you...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:bake-bake

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:45 PM

yeah, the hype regs are prolly the way to go, or a cp long reg. my friend has a cp reg on his gun and it says it is godly now.

#7 User is offline   heisman01 

• "the appraiser"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:heisman01

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:54 PM

get an aka reg keep in on your gun until your ready to sell it then put a CP on it to sell

then put the aka on your next marker

#8 User is offline   Sean@Smartparts 

• Smart Parts - Director of Promotions and Public Relations
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:sean@smartparts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:04 AM

If it ain't broke... don't fix it. Our stock regs are actually pretty darn good. If you are having issues with it, just replace the reg seat and the oring on the end of the piston and that should take care of it.
http://smartcorps.smartparts.com
sscott@smartparts.com

Captain of Smart Corps Factory Team

#9 User is offline   Matt 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:34 AM

View Postheisman01, on Sep 7 2008, 02:54 PM, said:

get an aka reg keep in on your gun until your ready to sell it then put a CP on it to sell

then put the aka on your next marker

I agree.
Any reg made by AKALMP will be amazing.
I have a sidewinder right now.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users