• You cannot reply to this topic

ADCO Hot Shot Small, practical red dot sight

#1 User is offline   Argelmcgee 

• Saber
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:None

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:13 PM

The other day, I bought a used ADCO Hot Shot from a teammate. I was worried that it wouldn't fit my gun, but to my surprise, the sight slipped right on the dovetail rail on my A-5 (all A-5's have them) and was easily tightened with a Phillip's head screwdriver.

Pros: Small, no rails needed, greatly increases accuracy, 2 modes of brightness, inexpensive, amazing warranty policy.

Cons: Battery compartment needs a small piece of tape if you want to secure battery, on/off switch is possibly weak, small sight picture, if you don't use a rail, a bit of the sight picture is obscured.

Here's a picture of the sight on my gun. As you can see, my gun needs some major washing, the hopper is reflecting light like mad, its covered in greasy paint stuff, so that's to be expected.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The red-dot isn't on in this picture (obviously) but this gives a general sense of what the size is. Now this is what I actually see, with hopper obstruction (X7 hopper, I think the standard A-5 hopper will be worse) and with the red dot.

Posted Image

Now, while testing this, and I don't know how old it is, the on/off switch broke off, so I needed a screwdriver to adjust the brightness and turn it off (three modes, off, dim, bright). It lasted half the day, then suddenly broke off, but I bought it from a guy who is INCREDIBLY rough on his equipment. He didn't like the small sight picture, but I do, so, keep that in mind. According to ADCO, the battery (standard 3v 3032 disk battery) will last for years if maintained properly, and if I get a month or two off of it, I'll be extremely pleased.

For the warranty policy: First, the standard 1 year free replacement for any manufacturing defects, but here's where the real good part comes in. For the Hot Shot and Sure Shot sights, if the sight breaks in any way during paintball, merely ship all pieces back + $8 to cover their shipping, and they'll replace it as soon as they receive it with a free, new one! That's currently what I'm doing, because I bought mine for $10 from my friend, shipping will cost me around $5, add the $8 for them, and thats a total of $23 for a completely new sight worth $25+shipping, and I got to test it!

Anyways, the sight will take a direct hit from 45 feet, according to Special Ops's tests, and this thing is fairly good looking, and really increased my accuracy. Where before I'd need to lead my shots in, I just aimed with this thing, and fired away. I could consistently fire through a 2" by about "5 window from 30 feet. Throughout the day, I curiously used WAY less paint than usual, I used something like 400 rounds, instead of my usual 1000-2000 rounds. Granted, I was doing a team practice for the first half of the day, but I never had to reload during a game.

The sight can be adjusted for height and windage, but a Phillip's head screwdriver is needed. Turning off is just a flick of the switch, as is adjusting brightness.

There you guys are, I definitely like this sight, and although some may find it a bit small, I think its well worth the 25 bucks, and you never have to worry about breaking it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users