#16 User is offline   DZ Unit-1 

• Cacophony Pony
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:DZ Unit-1

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:45 PM

its not a sandana thou =3 lolz
Posted Image
"and DZ, I love that pic so much. If you were a girl, and not just a dude who looked like a girl, I would kiss you." mrwaterbuffalo, 1:17 AM "DZ, what are you?" -SnV- "He are legend." -Veritech Squad-

#17 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:46 PM

View PostDZ Unit-1, on Dec 18 2007, 10:21 PM, said:

View PostWraith X, on Dec 18 2007, 06:14 PM, said:

Well jackrock it has been my experiance that speedball players that step into the woods for the most part get destroyed out there. and the same thing goes for woodsballers that go onto speedball coureses. My team of dudes calls me the tourny player killer.

phew...then the speedballers up there need lots of practice then, it's quite opposite down here in texas, ask anyone at tactical paintball, and they'll tell you straight up, that speedballers, wearing bright colored schemes, like me of team abysmal x, and trail of team delerium, are widely feared across the woodland terrains

any good and great player with a vast wealth of knowledge and experience, can utilize anykind of marker, and any kind of clothes and get away with victory
for one, we attend scenario games the way we are
just because we're wearing our distinguished colors, representing, doesn't mean we'll be "destroyed" because of it
quite frankly, i can take comfort in the fact, thus far, i've nevered been "owned" by any woodsballers, except those like me whom switch back and forth between ,woodsball, speedball, stock class, and xball, for we are experienced in all forms and art of paintball

I'm gonna have to agree with DZ on this one. I've seen "speedballers' dominate time and time and time again. That is, until the woodsball teams finally started realizing that they needed to take lessons from these guys. Combining woodsball patience and strategy with speedball firefight tactics, they began to turn the tide fairly quickly.

There's a reason I walk on to the speedball field several times a year. Course, I do it in full camo with a vest. The refs go "HUH?!" :laugh:
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#18 User is offline   JKLNHYD 

• OG Newb...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2007 - 11:07 PM

yeah, we really started playing as a unit immediately, we had to. Now, when we go to the woods, we are playing and moving up like we would in speedball but on a larger scale. The 50 is no longer a dorito but a large boulder, tree, or log. We all know what we need to do and were everyone should be. It is a lot more fun now.
My senior member list, Pm me if you think you should be on it. PUZUMA Tyler MurderDeathKill Animal Mother BlackOpsghost Evil Finger Uwannago Weapso Tyger Dr. Wiggy The Stuntman Cops911 Riddick Twistedpsyche Custom Cowboy CamoDeafie Redleg64 ClumsyNinja DigitalPirate Slinkyaroo The Dirty Samurai Neo Enhander AirHOg shadow 772 LONGBOW deltapaintball Styro shadowlord Gunslinger7 Enders War Prodigy evillepaintball Deus Wolf Rifleman ghost93 luke-inator
My New Homie List. PM me
agentM192 nos4atu florentine PhantomAssassin thebostinian T-Freak Ka1iBuR StealingYerMail Not You
My Profile Friend's List, who wants on?
"Calm you down? Done. Enjoy your vacation."- PuzumaClick the link

#19 User is offline   cor_man257 

• Just some random guy.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cor_man257

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:27 PM

I was wondering when someone from delta was going to come in.

I mainly play woodsball. But Ive played a little speedball as well. And everytime I walk out on my personal feild against the local speedballers I get my butt handed to me. (Some of thisis they have been playing longer)

Not alot of people around here where bright colored jerseys, but they dont htink twice about walking out in a white T shirt. Just because there easily spotted doesnt mean there easily shot. Its there aggressivness that more often the not wins them the battle. They move up and get in your face. alot of times they can sling there own suppression fire, and walk right up to you. That is a valuable edge.
Iraq. Been there. Done that. OIF 2010- OND 2011.
I long for the life of a patio owner. Guitar, a grill, and laying in a hammock with the one you love staring at the skyline and the sunsets.Posted Image

#20 User is offline   25Delta 

• Black Eagle Squadron
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:25delta

Posted 19 December 2007 - 02:12 PM

In my experience both from reffing and from playing, speedballer or woodsballer, its the players, key is playerS, that win it. I play on a scenario team, but to practice more we play indoor at least every couple weeks, what happens is you get good at snapping and moving from bunker to bunker quickly, combine that with flanking ideas and team unity on the field and you end up with an nearly unstoppable force (we're good but not perfect). Best thing is when all my guys are together and we play a few of the fields at High Velocity on Long Island(where I ref) and players are wondering how we got behind them or how did we seem like we were everywhere at once, we know how to spread and communicate well, and we are VERY, VERY agressive. Camo is not the end all/be all either, bright guns and bright jerseys aren't what eliminates players; no matter what you're wearing if you're out in open then you're going to be seen, if you're moving bunker to bunker then it doesn't matter what you're wearing you have most of your body blocked anyway.

#21 User is offline   Wraith X 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:JUGGERNAUT

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:10 PM

Hay guys this idea i had sort of poped into my the other night, cause i have never played against a really good speedball team. The only decent palyer that i have seen that plays woodsball with a tourny marker is a teamate of mine. I do enjoy playing both types of paintball.
The ONE the ONLY, Bringer of Death. JUGGERNAUT!!!

#22 User is offline   Wraith X 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:JUGGERNAUT

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:13 PM

Oh I just remembered that I just latley played with this group of cousin who is an army ranger and some of his pals from the force. I just followed thier tactics which were for the other team virutaly impossible to fight against.
The ONE the ONLY, Bringer of Death. JUGGERNAUT!!!

#23 User is offline   vasmir 

• Delta Paintball Team
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:vasmir

Posted 22 December 2007 - 08:57 PM

Why should it matter what a player wears?

Oh I just remembered that I just latley played with this group of cousin who is an army ranger and some of his pals from the force. I just followed thier tactics which were for the other team virutaly impossible to fight against.

Most folks that try to apply military tactics to paintball simply fail. Military tactics for the most part have no place in pb... the distances are off, the ballistics are shot... Half the fun I have playing in FL is wiping the floor with the Marines I play with.

View Postdeltapaintball, on Dec 19 2007, 12:28 AM, said:

I have no right to play scenario ball, what was I thinking...

I kept telling you at the Shindig, we need to go back to camo! :D

#24 User is offline   SSBlackAngel 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2008 - 12:01 AM

View PostZ3R0, on Dec 18 2007, 07:07 PM, said:

Sorry, but not all speedballers "waste" their paint. What about the ones that happen to play speedball with stock class pumps?

And why doesn't it make sense to wear bright colours in the woods? Sure it's a little easier to hide, but what if that isn't their style? There's no real reason to buy and wear camo in the woods if you're not going to try and hide with it. If they already have speedball clothes, why should they buy a camo set just for woods use? I think that is the part that doesn't make sense.

-Z3R0

So i guess going by that logic it would be perfectly normal for a player to show up to a speedball game in a ghille suit?

Its a free country people can wear what they like. But speedball gear in the woods is lame imo.
SS Brigadefuhrer A.Deckmann
The Black Korps 1.SS Panzer Division Leibstandarte
Proudly Sponsored by Angel Sports
MVT Skirmish Stalingrad 07,MVP Strategy Plus Russian Front 08
Join us! We are looking for some hardcore Scenario players
1.SS Pz Div forums

#25 User is offline   SSBlackAngel 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2008 - 12:07 AM

View PostJackRock, on Dec 18 2007, 07:08 PM, said:

Essentially, because speedball teams don't rely on stealth. They rely on aggression.

Let me ask you this: who wins more often when you have woodsballers and speedballers going head to head? It's been my experience that unless the woodsball team was agressive, the speedballers tend to mop up pretty fast.

i think thats because the Speedball players work together as a team more than the average woodsball player. put a skilled woodsball team against a skilled speedball team and it could go either way.

At larger games Stealth is less of an issue , alot of the time the liv=nes stabilize and there is very little sneaking around.

This argument is alot like the domestic car vs ricer war. its just two different styles. and yeah on average the ricers are usually all slow no go. putiing a coffe can on your exaust doesnt make you fast, wearing bmx gear doesnt make you invincible, its just different styles of play. id personally rather be dead then wear speedball gear in scenario or woodsball. But some people are into it.

i like shooting speedball players in the woods maybee ill take a pic when i shoot Foote @ Russian front hahahah :dodgy:

This post has been edited by SSBlackAngel: 02 January 2008 - 12:16 AM

1.SS Pz Div forums

#26 User is offline   SSBlackAngel 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2008 - 12:11 AM

View Postdeltapaintball, on Dec 19 2007, 12:28 AM, said:

Posted Image

I have no right to play scenario ball, what was I thinking...

And what makes teams like mine strange?

hey you actually blend in with the corn pretty well
1.SS Pz Div forums

#27 User is offline   runningbear 

• I am the HAMMER for Team MSB
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:runningbear

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:42 AM

Most folks that try to apply military tactics to paintball simply fail. Military tactics for the most part have no place in pb... the distances are off, the ballistics are shot... Half the fun I have playing in FL is wiping the floor with the Marines I play with

thats only because they dont adapt there tactics for the sport. i tell military personel that i play with that no matter the distance "you have to think CQB" basicly every thing we do in woodsball can be translated in military form but at a much closer distance. once they figure that out the tactics tought by the military carries over into woodsball very well. i myself use alot of the training i resieved in the Army, just adjusted for woodsball. now speedball on the other hand is a completely different story.

This post has been edited by runningbear: 02 January 2008 - 02:45 AM

#28 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• The Aggorilla is watching you!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MightyMike0

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:52 AM

just look at the clowns http://www.psychoclo.../hp_teampic.jpg

#29 User is offline   Rivalyn 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rivalyn

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:08 AM

Actually, since the field I play at has a decent mix of woods and speedball players, we generally play both during a day.

Thus, you WILL see someone in a ghillie suit on the speedball field. It's like a tree hopped up and started running around. Much fun is had by all watching.

Either way, if you're playing aggressive and not wanting to hide in the first place, it doesn't matter what you wear in Woodsball.

#30 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:30 AM

View PostSSBlackAngel, on Jan 2 2008, 02:01 AM, said:

View PostZ3R0, on Dec 18 2007, 07:07 PM, said:

Sorry, but not all speedballers "waste" their paint. What about the ones that happen to play speedball with stock class pumps?

And why doesn't it make sense to wear bright colours in the woods? Sure it's a little easier to hide, but what if that isn't their style? There's no real reason to buy and wear camo in the woods if you're not going to try and hide with it. If they already have speedball clothes, why should they buy a camo set just for woods use? I think that is the part that doesn't make sense.

-Z3R0

So i guess going by that logic it would be perfectly normal for a player to show up to a speedball game in a ghille suit?

Its a free country people can wear what they like. But speedball gear in the woods is lame imo.

If they want to wear Ghillie on an airball field, sure, why not? It might not be the best choice but there's nothing wrong with it. It might hinder movement a little compared to a jersey or even plain old BDU's, but there's nothing wrong with it. I guess you were trying to get a different response from me, though.

And you're right, it is a free country. Which is basically my point. Wear what you want, it doesn't matter. I don't see how it's lame to wear speedball gear in the woods. You might stick out and have a little trouble hiding, but if that's what you have and what you're comfortable with, why not wear it?

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users