• This topic is locked

cyclone feed my vibe/sp1 ? being demanding here... but yal asked what we wanted

#16 User is offline   agurish 

• Team Member: Exiled Souls
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:AGURISH

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:45 AM

They make "low profile" hoppers that'll connect to the Cyclone feed... And the Cyclone sits to the right-side of the marker, instead of directly on top... thus lowering your vertical profile.

-AGURISH
My Feedback Thread
Need a fan in your mask? Click Me!
Death Before Dishonor
Beware of Scammers in Renton, Washington

A liberal CNN reporter once asked a Marine sniper "What do you feel when you shoot your target?" The sniper shrugged and responded matter-of-factly, "Recoil."

#17 User is offline   damage_case 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:39 PM

View Postagurish, on May 28 2008, 09:45 AM, said:

They make "low profile" hoppers that'll connect to the Cyclone feed... And the Cyclone sits to the right-side of the marker, instead of directly on top... thus lowering your vertical profile.

-AGURISH

i know, hence the appeal of it, but have you noticed how pretty much *every* hopper on the market sits to high... my vibe only does 11 bps... im throwing around the idea of getting the led version of the frontman halo came out with. it looks nice but everyone says the feed neck is too weak... wonder why they make them out of that brittle stuff instead of the same plastic the gravity hoppers are made of.
killing is my business... and business is good >:)

#18 User is offline   agurish 

• Pip

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:46 AM

No idea. I'm not a materials' scientist... I just know that sometimes the plastic on "gravity hoppers" can deform, especially when warm. My only guess is that they wanted a light-weight high-density plastic that can stand up to moderate abuse. The problem is that they're getting away from ABS and moving towards poly-carbonates, and they tend to fracture when stressed, while ABS doesn't as much.
My Feedback Thread
Death Before Dishonor

A liberal CNN reporter once asked a Marine sniper "What do you feel when you shoot your target?" The sniper shrugged and responded matter-of-factly, "Recoil."

#19 User is offline   motoguy1251 

• Mustache Afficianado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:motoguy1251

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:43 AM

I think BT's cyclonesk hopper is the way to go for non power tubed , non blow back markers.
1Ill be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm!!
2Games: Americas Army, Battlefield 2,2142,1942,vietnam,Fear, CSS,Red Orchestra,DOD, Oblivion,GaryMod,more

#20 User is offline   MadChild 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MADCHILD

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:49 AM

I don't know a lot about cyclone feeds, but isnt the pressure of the SP-1/Vibe too low to make it function properly off of excess air? I don't know for sure just a thought.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

maximum size exceeded

#21 User is offline   damage_case 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:01 PM

eh i say vibe cause thats what i shoot at the moment, and yes it would be next to impossible...
however if someone were to replace the solenoid with one designed to feed gas to the cyclone feeder every shot along with the normal front/back pressure operation of the bolt you would have a very low profile hopper that agitated on every shot and required no batteries... hopefully one day tippmann will start putting them on other peoples guns instead of just their own guns. i mean the a-5 is great, but front heavy... very front heavy, and by the time you put the money into dropping its operating pressure and adding a double trigger to an e-grip you would have spent enough money to buy something like a G3.

also not sure anyone is still paying attention since we got off on a rant and all but more realistically most of us want to see more compact, lower sitting loaders in the 12 to 13 bps range...

This post has been edited by damage_case: 30 May 2008 - 02:04 PM

#22 User is offline   Lomarandil 

• SPPL Junkie -- BlackLight Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lomarandil

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:53 PM

I was going to say the same thing Mad Child did, you'd have to add an entirely seperate regulator just to run the Cyclone

Motoguy had the right idea, mod a RipClip instead. No messy pnuematics.
Lo

#23 User is offline   agurish 

• Pip

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:30 AM

Well... Fellas.... The mod I drew up some plans for wouldn't require gas to operate the mechanism at all (since the mechanism itself is mechanical, and not pneumatic - my design *should* work). Follow the link I put into the thread earlier... Puzzle it out for yourself. Then come back and make an "educated" comment.

Thanks!

-AGURISH
My Feedback Thread
Death Before Dishonor

#24 User is offline   Lomarandil 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:58 AM

Now, now, there was no need for that.

I hadn't noticed your link before. It's a valid idea. However, you'll run into a few problems. One being that the SP1 mechanism is entirely internal, and all of the moving parts are pressurized. So beyond milling through the marker, you'll need to seal the chamber along the entire stroke of the mechanism.

Also, If I'm not mistaken, a push forward on the cyclone rod feeds the next ball. With your mechanism, this would occur on the forward stroke of the bolt, which means you'd be mashing the ball into the now closed chamber. That said, I'm not sure that my initial premise is correct.

Lo

#25 User is offline   agurish 

• Pip

Posted 02 June 2008 - 12:50 PM

Ok... I'm sorry I replied as I did. My design is dealing with a Spyder MR-1, not an SP1/Vibe as the OP (Original Poster) had introduced. He also attempted to mod an MR-1, but was unsuccessful. As for your mention of how pushing forward on the mechanism causes the apparatus to feed is interesting, as this would is contrary to how you'd want it to perform in an MR-1... We'd have to change it to feed on the pull rather than the push of the mechanism... Perhaps taking the main-drive sprocket and reversing the direction the teeth face, as well as how the actuating rod is designed You'd want the catch to push past the sprocket, and catch a tooth on the way back, which would then index the sprocket, and feed a ball. The mechanism would still rotate the same direction, but the sprocket would index only when pulled (i.e.) when the bolt is coming back after firing a paintball (and when a "new" round is needed). Points to you Lomarandil... I hadn't thought of that part... Thanks!

-AGURISH
My Feedback Thread
Death Before Dishonor

#26 User is offline   Lomarandil 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:32 PM

Bingo. Or perhaps the solution would not be to modify the actual cyclone, but the attachment mechanism. If you were to say, place an arm free to pivot around a fixed point between your point of contact on the bolt and your point of contact on the cyclone, then link them that way, instead of directly, it'd effectively reverse the motion. This would also allow you to adjust for the different travel lengths needed, by the placement of the fixed pivot point on the pivoting arm.

If that makes any sense.. I can draw up a schematic if it doesn't.
Lo

#27 User is offline   agurish 

• Pip

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:27 AM

Dude... We're on the same page... Although I think I want to keep the design as "simple" as possible to eliminate points of possible failure. We also know that the existing mechanism for the Cyclone works, and works fairly well. I'm just proposing a small design change that would allow it to be used on other markers that need fed on the pull stroke, rather than the push stroke. Taking an existing Cyclone, and reversing the teeth on the bottom sprocket shouldn't be that difficult. I know "Doc" from Doc's Machine could do it. Hell, he could probably make the entire innards of the Cyclone out of metal if you felt like paying for them...

-AGURISH
My Feedback Thread
Death Before Dishonor

#28 User is offline   damage_case 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:01 PM

so heres a question, everyone name what they would want to see a cyclone mounted on the most?
for some reason the first thing that comes to mind for me is an autococker...

#29 User is offline   agurish 

• Pip

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:31 AM

Any of the Spyder "MR" series! They desperately need a "step-up" in this department. Also, any Spyder that has a "power feed" (a feed tilting either left or right instead of vertical...)

-AGURISH
My Feedback Thread
Death Before Dishonor

#30 User is offline   Lomarandil 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:11 AM

A powerfeed would be easiest, by far.
Lo

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic