• You cannot reply to this topic

Any tips? First time playing pump. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Run'n Gun 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:KOLTENMOLTEN

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:57 AM

Hey guys, does anybody have any tips or things I should know on my first day of playing pump? Also is there anything I should expect from other players at teh field when playing pump?

God Bless!

#2 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:32 AM

Tip: have fun.

What to expect: Questions.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#3 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:00 PM

The first day is always a bit rough. It's kind of like learning how to play the game again.

Your first instinct is to be a bit cautious, stay back a bit, and try to get some crazy good shots on people. While that's one way to play, pump players are really meant for the front lines. You have to learn how to place yourself in positions where your lack of firepower is not a disadvantage. If you have the drop on someone, or other wise have them flanked, or exposed, it really only takes a shot or two to tag them. Its a kind of close range stealth that makes a good pump player in my opinion.

But like what was mentioned, just have fun. If you get eliminated, no biggie because your a pump player. And what you do get a solid shot on someone its that much better because your a pump player. Don't hesitate to do something crazy. The lack of a harness or any heavy gear gifts you with a lot of freedom of mobility.

This post has been edited by Piller: 07 January 2010 - 01:04 PM

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#4 User is offline   mike7822 

• Aloha!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MIKE7822

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:28 PM

PUMP ALL THE WAY BACK, AND ALL THE WAY FORWARD,
I'll break it down for the two types of paintball

Speedball:
Be aggressive, Don't sit back
Woodsball:
Be aggressive, Don't sit back.

What gun are you going to use? ;D
03 Prostock Pump ♦ 08 Ego

#5 User is offline   Steel Tiger 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Steel Tiger

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:30 PM

Dont get discouraged. It'll be a little rough the first day, but it'll get better. A lot better.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:41 PM

View PostSteel Tiger, on Jan 7 2010, 04:30 PM, said:

Dont get discouraged. It'll be a little rough the first day, but it'll get better. A lot better.

This is the truth.

First of all, streamline yourself as much as you can. Carry your gun, tank/12 grams, and 150 rounds or less. 10 round tubes are good, 50 round pods are good for open class. You have an awesome advantage on speed over everyone else. Use it. Get as far forward as you can off the break. Don't be afraid to get shot out five or six times, you're still learning. Even if you get three kills all day, each one of them is awesome, because you're playing pump!

Also, if you have other pump-related question, hit up the Pump Discussion Thread. It's a good source of knowledge, and we're always looking for fresh meat... I mean new players. :wacko:
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#7 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:40 PM

Have a blast. My first day of pump aws my most favorite day of paintball :P

#8 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:48 PM

unless everyone else is playing pump, be ready for some scoffing and ridicule .. some of the kids will think you will be easy to own, and might not want you on their team. will you be playing on a speedball field, or woodsball, or scenario ?

#9 User is offline   Run'n Gun 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:KOLTENMOLTEN

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:48 PM

View Postklaatu, on Jan 7 2010, 05:48 PM, said:

unless everyone else is playing pump, be ready for some scoffing and ridicule .. some of the kids will think you will be easy to own, and might not want you on their team. will you be playing on a speedball field, or woodsball, or scenario ?

Well, im playin at SCvillage, so woodsball, but they mostly have fields with buildings and stuff. So not really woodsball, but like woodsball. LOL

#10 User is offline   Dib 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dib

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:19 PM

You'll probably be one of two things:

1) Underestimated. This can work to your advantage since the guys with the 20+bps markers will ignore you and you can sneak around for the flanking shot.

or

2) A target. Which works great for your team because you can take the full attention of three or four guys while your teammates flank.

Practice snap shooting, make sure to aim, and try to shoot when someone else is so their marker sound covers yours :wacko: . I like to estimate how many balls my opponent hoses at me when I get him with one to three shots. :laugh: It makes me smile even if I get railed. Most of all have fun and remember to give it time. No one is great the first time they play pump. There is a learning curve, but once you get good your like a ghost. Enjoy!
If he rips my arms off, I'll kick him to death.
If he rips my legs off, I'll bite him to death.
If he rips my head off, I'll stare him to death.
And if he gouges my eyes out, I'll curse him from beyond the grave.

#11 User is offline   SFC. Connell 

• *Extreme Strategist*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SFC. Connell

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:32 PM

I remember my first day. I had a kid ask me (with eyes the size of softballs) "thats all your carrying!?!?" I had my pump with a 10 rd tube in it.

Basically, your going to have questions like Puz said. To me pump worked best when I was extremely aggresive. Your going to be very light so you should be faster than the majority of the players out there. Use it, rund way up either the left or right and flank them. You could also go way up and lay low and wait for the other team to come to you.

All in all, be aggressive and when in a tight spot, have your teamates help out. And also learn to snap shoot. Pump is the best way to learn it.
Feedback

She faked a funeral so people would come visit?
ROFLMAO That's both terrible and hilarious at the same time.-Pirate

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users