• You cannot reply to this topic

Bad sportsmanship Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   monster22 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:44 PM

One thing I can not stand is bad sportsmanship, I see it in every sport or game
at the paintball field I see people bunkering little timmy from two feet away I see people wiping, which if caught gets them sent to the firing squad lol
I hear it in the kids who's daddy bought them their $1800 shocker ego angle whatever and that makes everyone else a REALLY HAPPY PERSON or noob, another thing I hear is, such and such doesn't disearve that gun or what ever
I also mountain bike a lot but there aren't many people to bike with and when I do go with them thats all they talk about is how timmy doesn't diserve that bike because he can't do a 360 or whatever, how I see it is that as long as they earned it some way or another and didnt steal it or whatever and they enjoy what they are doing they most certainly diserve it
another one is hockey, I played on a AA team for a while and they all acted as though they had a hockey stick up their rear while the guys on the A team were there to have a good time and shoot around a puck
I just wanted to write this and feel free to add your bad sportsmanship stories

This post has been edited by ghostinthewood: 03 September 2009 - 11:00 PM
Reason for edit: dodging the filter

#2 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:57 PM

As a ref I have seen a number of really bad sports come through our fields, my personal idea is, if your problem is the fact that you think a person is going to stink because they are shooting a rental, go out there and prove that you are better, instead of being a pain about it and talking about them. If you think someone doesn't deserve that gun they are shooting, go out and take them down with a rental, you will in a way prove your point without saying a word. I have gone out and put some kids shooting really nice guns back in their place with my pump, or depending on the field a BT-4 or Tippmann 98.

One of the worst rule breaks/bad sportsmanship was up at my local summer camp, I run it during the summer and fall for campers when the actual leader is at work. We were playing a 5 on 5 game of hyperball, and we have a 10 foot surrender rule, I was one of two people running the field that day, and my friend was working on a gun while I reffed. As the game is coming to a close a young player about 12 runs up and sticks his barrel over the top of a bunker, yelling for surrender, I call the kid out, he pops up and lays two to the kid, one to his arm and the other to his stomach. Man I was ticked, the kid had bits of paintball in his skin, first time playing, he was bleeding pretty good to and was instantly bruised, we had to send him up to the nurse to get him checked out and cleaned up. The reason the other kid said that he shot him after I called him out, he wasn't about to get out by a kid that never played before, and where he played you don't ever have to surrender. Kicked that kid out for the rest of the year, and then tried to explain it to the camp director...fun times
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#3 User is offline   Veritech Squad 

• Come at me bro.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:01 PM

Really now?

This post has been edited by Veritech Squad: 03 September 2009 - 06:01 PM

Wretched is the sound of my voice.

IN MY DROPSHIP ZIGZAGS STAY LIT

#4 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:17 PM

One thing that impressed me at the end of it all, was the kid that got shot, he didn't shoot back, he raised his hands above his head and walked off as fast as he could. I sometimes wonder if even I would have had the self restraint not to pummel that kid for what he did, I nearly lost my head as it was, and if those shots had landed on me, I wouldn't have shot him maybe, but I would have probably gotten in his face pretty good.

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#5 User is offline   CertifiedPaintballer 

• Forum Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:certified paintballer

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:27 PM

Posted Image

#6 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:36 PM

View PostCertifiedPaintballer, on Sep 3 2009, 06:27 PM, said:

Posted Image

Very funny....although rather pointless, kinda like picking on kids.

#7 User is offline   CertifiedPaintballer 

• Forum Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:certified paintballer

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:45 PM

View PostIrishMack, on Sep 3 2009, 09:36 PM, said:

Very funny....although rather pointless, kinda like picking on kids.

This whole entire thread is pointless.

edit: well, the OP is a new member...so I guess he hasn't seen all the other threads about the same things...

This post has been edited by CertifiedPaintballer: 03 September 2009 - 06:46 PM

#8 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:55 PM

yes it is another thread on a topic that you can find elsewhere on the forum, but it doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

#9 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:05 PM

I'd like to add my two cents and a few shells from the peanut gallery.

I find that it is no longer the specific statements of "little kids who's parents bought them a 1800$ marker" or this guy wipes and that guy overshoots.

I find it is now the victims story's have become inflated, that no matter what the problem is, its always worse then what it was.

First off: Most kids dont have jobs, that means most of their money and gear was funded through other people, such as Christmas, birthdays, parents ect ect. of course someone purchased there stuff. Also, as far as the 1800$ marker goes. I have never seen it. the most expensive is a 12-14 year old kid with a mini and a new Rotor he got for his Birthday, he plays every Saturday. sometimes he even refs. for real. I think his older brother is a ref or something and he tags along because he's doing that same thing all the older kids are doing ( which in their minds make's them part of the group) which in this world. is basic human nature, to be accepted.

second: all the people who talk about other people. are to concerned with themselves.

third: for the Bunkering little kids. I have walked within a arms length of the little guys without knowing they are there. I was Mercy'd walking down, what I thought was a easy flank. sometimes you don't see people until its to late. and then someones getting a welt. basic paintball.

fourth: as for overshooting, many markers on the market can shoot fast enough to have anywhere from 5 to 15 paintball's in the air, before the first one hits. when you suddenly get in a situation that calls for some major paint slinging, the chance of someone being overshot is much greater.
Also another thing, as per say situation, sometimes you get in a spot where your not sure if you shoot 2 or 3 times one is going to hit. someones you have a small target or you have a lot of stuff to avoid (such as brush or leaves, or a tiny window in the air ball field) so you put 10 or 15 downrange quickly, maybe 13 of them will bounce of something else and miss, maybe the 3,5,6,8,10,11,14th paintball hit. paint balls are not 100% accurate.

as far as hockey goes.
I moved to house league. I had a bad indicant with a player who clearly was the definition of bad sportsmanship. and I was done. went from A hockey to house, and I still play in the 17-20 age group for hockey. I know what you mean.

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 03 September 2009 - 08:08 PM

#10 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:13 PM

View PostEskimo, on Sep 3 2009, 08:05 PM, said:

I'd like to add my two cents and a few shells from the peanut gallery.

I find that it is no longer the specific statements of "little kids who's parents bought them a 1800$ marker" or this guy wipes and that guy overshoots.

I find it is now the victims story's have become inflated, that no matter what the problem is, its always worse then what it was.

First off: Most kids dont have jobs, that means most of their money and gear was funded through other people, such as Christmas, birthdays, parents ect ect. of course someone purchased there stuff. Also, as far as the 1800$ marker goes. I have never seen it. the most expensive is a 12-14 year old kid with a mini and a new Rotor he got for his Birthday, he plays every Saturday. sometimes he even refs. for real. I think his older brother is a ref or something and he tags along because he's doing that same thing all the older kids are doing ( which in their minds make's them part of the group) which in this world. is basic human nature, to be accepted.

second: all the people who talk about other people. are to concerned with themselves.

third: for the Bunkering little kids. I have walked within a arms length of the little guys without knowing they are there. I was Mercy'd walking down, what I thought was a easy flank. sometimes you don't see people until its to late. and then someones getting a welt. basic paintball.

fourth: as for overshooting, many markers on the market can shoot fast enough to have anywhere from 5 to 15 paintball's in the air, before the first one hits. when you suddenly get in a situation that calls for some major paint slinging, the chance of someone being overshot is much greater.
Also another thing, as per say situation, sometimes you get in a spot where your not sure if you shoot 2 or 3 times one is going to hit. someones you have a small target or you have a lot of stuff to avoid (such as brush or leaves, or a tiny window in the air ball field) so you put 10 or 15 downrange quickly, maybe 13 of them will bounce of something else and miss, maybe the 3,5,6,8,10,11,14th paintball hit. paint balls are not 100% accurate.

as far as hockey goes.
I moved to house league. I had a bad indicant with a player who clearly was the definition of bad sportsmanship. and I was done. went from A hockey to house, and I still play in the 17-20 age group for hockey. I know what you mean.

I have on occasion seen a kid shooting a DM from various years, although more common are the guns that cost $300-$700, I personally could care less what you play with as long as you can play decent, heck for that matter I Could care less if you go buy a brand new DM9 for your first day, do I think it's a wise investment, no, not until you are sure you will continue to play, but that's just me.

Not sure if your one comment about peoples stories getting inflated was directed at me, but that story was legit, and as far as bunkering goes, it is perfectly possible to be comming up the side of the field on a flank and have some little kid sitting there you don't see, wasn't the point, point was that the kid was to puffed up to admit that a kid had a barrel in his face.

#11 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:17 PM

View PostIrishMack, on Sep 3 2009, 08:13 PM, said:

Not sure if your one comment about peoples stories getting inflated was directed at me, but that story was legit, and as far as bunkering goes, it is perfectly possible to be comming up the side of the field on a flank and have some little kid sitting there you don't see, wasn't the point, point was that the kid was to puffed up to admit that a kid had a barrel in his face.

no more of a general comment, many story's have been told with similar people and results as the examples you gave.

but As for intentionally shooting a kid, yea he's a douche,
as for a solution's about these people.
I dont know.

to me being something like that is a learned trait. but, you never know

#12 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:20 PM

Yeah we actually had problems with him all week at camp, kicked him out altoghether towards the end of the week. I just can't understand why people have in many case have become so stupid...I get frustrated with the human race.

#13 User is offline   Minnesota Sn1p3r 

• Back on the Attack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MN Sn1p3r

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:58 PM

Posted Image

This made me giggle like a 10 year old girl watching Spongebob!!! :P
"Its better to out-think your enemy than to out-fight them" - Sun Tzu

"I dont like paying for the same realestate twice" - General George S. Patton

#14 User is offline   EPIC_Fox 

• filth.fm
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EPIC_Fox

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:38 AM

It will always be in the sport. Just like its in every other sport. Nothing much we can do to get rid of it all together. Its a fact of life.
Boss Paintball

#15 User is offline   gypsycurse 

• Customer Service/Sales
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:33 AM

View Postmonster22, on Sep 3 2009, 06:44 PM, said:

One thing I can not stand is bad sportsmanship, I see it in every sport or game
at the paintball field I see people bunkering little timmy from two feet away I see people wiping, which if caught gets them sent to the firing squad lol
I hear it in the kids who's daddy bought them their $1800 shocker ego angle whatever and that makes everyone else a REALLY HAPPY PERSON or noob, another thing I hear is, such and such doesn't disearve that gun or what ever
I also mountain bike a lot but there aren't many people to bike with and when I do go with them thats all they talk about is how timmy doesn't diserve that bike because he can't do a 360 or whatever, how I see it is that as long as they earned it some way or another and didnt steal it or whatever and they enjoy what they are doing they most certainly diserve it
another one is hockey, I played on a AA team for a while and they all acted as though they had a hockey stick up their rear while the guys on the A team were there to have a good time and shoot around a puck
I just wanted to write this and feel free to add your bad sportsmanship stories

Poor sportsmanship also kills me! I hear people complain when I play sports or go out always saying that other people don't deserve it as much as they do? What makes you anymore special then the person that has the nicer stuff? Maybe they worked hard for it, and even if they didn't why do you care? Quit being nosy!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users