• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fluid Surge Yes, the lowest Fluid grade

#1 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:43 AM

I realize this stuff is fairly new, but has anyone got a decent idea of how it compares to other paint in its price range?

I don't want to hear about premium grade paints - I am a college student who's always on a budget, and I'm happy with cheaper paint that performs good than expensive paint that performs extremely well.

For the most part, I've used Nelson paint because it's commonly found locally, however the stores in question have also raised their prices so now this Fluid Surge is the cheapest available paint for me that could be in the "worth shooting" list (I am not counting flying marbles like Monster balls and other obscenities, actual low-to-mid grade paintballs please)

Thanks,
Member of Team Akkadian

#2 User is offline   Not_You 

• Lather, Rinse, Repeat as Desired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:98customizer

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:45 AM

my favorite paint ever is nelsplat, i've only had it bounce a few times ever, and it's generally $35-45 a case
Group: Banned #2
Pirate - "Seriously, I hope you hit this kid over the head with something very, very heavy. Like a truck."

#3 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:51 AM

View PostNot_You, on Jul 17 2008, 11:45 AM, said:

my favorite paint ever is nelsplat, i've only had it bounce a few times ever, and it's generally $35-45 a case

Nelson Hot Spot (what I formerly used) here is now $37 + tax a case.

I can get this fluid for $35/case total, which led me to the question of how it performs.
Member of Team Akkadian

#4 User is offline   motoguy1251 

• Mustache Afficianado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:motoguy1251

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:59 AM

35 you say now im curious too.
1Ill be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm!!
2Games: Americas Army, Battlefield 2,2142,1942,vietnam,Fear, CSS,Red Orchestra,DOD, Oblivion,GaryMod,more

#5 User is offline   Not_You 

• Lather, Rinse, Repeat as Desired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:98customizer

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:23 PM

hotsopt completely sucks
here, nel-splat is $44 a case + tax
i get it for about $40 with tax
Group: Banned #2
Pirate - "Seriously, I hope you hit this kid over the head with something very, very heavy. Like a truck."

#6 User is offline   motoguy1251 

• Mustache Afficianado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:motoguy1251

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:39 PM

I do like nel-slpat. Ive been using a lot of DXS paint too. Really like that.
1Ill be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm!!
2Games: Americas Army, Battlefield 2,2142,1942,vietnam,Fear, CSS,Red Orchestra,DOD, Oblivion,GaryMod,more

#7 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:26 PM

Nelsplat is good, I get it for $35 a case

Special Forces is another good one and I can get it at $45 a case.

#8 User is offline   lethalpanther 

• OOO a lizard!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:lethalpanther1

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:33 PM

i dunno if u can get it locally but karnage works great. I use their practice paint as rec paint and have no problems. holds up in my flatline too!
its around $40 a case including tax where i get it
It's only a game, you don't need to be afaid of anyone, except for ONE person. Its not the teenager with a marker worth more than your car. Its not the SPPL player with about 35 BPS firing rate. Its the 40 year old guy lying in a corner, taking a nap before the game begins. His camo will probably be old, and he will most likely be toting a pump. He's been playing since before you were born, and if he mentions how much he didn't like when he had to play with oil based paintballs, make SURE he is on your team. This guy is a ghost.-Match99
Your grace...Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought honourably. And Rhaegar died. - Ser Jorah Mormont

#9 User is offline   billybob 

• The John Deere of paintball. Nothing mows as nice.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Location:Leavenworth County Kansas, everyone's a prisoner here
  • Brigade Name:billybob

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:19 PM

I could be accused of being picky with paint, and rightly so I might add. But I also know decent, cheaply priced paint when I see it. Surge is not it. The other Fluid paints are decent, those being the Hydro, Monsoon, and Abyss (in order of worst to best quality), but Surge is not good at all from my experiences. I've shot it and been shot with it. You get quite a few bounces and the fill is very watery (I only have experience with two different batches of their yellow shell/yellow fill paint). Honestly the fill soaks into cotton clothing about as quick as actual water does. If you're having good luck with the Nelson paints I would stick with those seeing as it's only a few dollars more. If your local shop carries Nelson Anarchy for a good price, consider getting that. I've been shot with it and it's a good shell/fill combo. I wouldn't suggest Karnage paint unless you get it VERY FRESH. And even then I wouldn't suggest getting anything besides their Tear or Rip grades. Draxxus is great if it's fresh and has been stored properly but it can get pricey, I know this year alone they raised their prices 17% for their wholesale buyers.
"Life sucks" ~LT
"What the Hell? Is Abercrombie making people now!!!?"~ Vash

#10 User is offline   Shortness 

• sold my soul for rock 'n' roll
  • PipPipPip
  • Location:the Burg of Clays, in the forest of William Penn. or Clayburg PA, whichever works
  • Brigade Name:SHORTNESS

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:07 PM

the fill in the surge is some of the worst ive ever seen, but it shoots in a pattern thats vaguely straight. i would avoid it, you cant see a hit from more than a few feet away and as its accuaracy is what i would call adequate im sure your nelson is worth the few extra bucks.
Can YOU stand straight up behind a pillow and not get shot? Didnt think so. Being short ftw!

#11 User is offline   FIRE WOLF 1 

• Fire Wolf 1
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:FIRE WOLF 1

Post icon  Posted 22 July 2008 - 07:32 PM

View PostShortness, on Jul 20 2008, 12:07 AM, said:

the fill in the surge is some of the worst ive ever seen, but it shoots in a pattern thats vaguely straight. i would avoid it, you cant see a hit from more than a few feet away and as its accuaracy is what i would call adequate im sure your nelson is worth the few extra bucks.

the best low grade paint ive used is nelson, white fill. and Zap/core, but only the kind they sell in the plastic palls. If you have a j and j ceramic barrel nelson shoots better than jest about any pricey or cheap paint. ive shot everything from marblizers,and dusk to jts crappy 24$ paintballs out of it. oh and if you shoot cheap paint a j and j 16 inch ceramic barrel is the only way to go. i played for seven hours at huston woods with suckie jelled soft jt paintballs and It still shot them strait and long.
<The Lord givith and takith away>
-God dident make all men equall,but Samuall Colt did-

#12 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:51 PM

The local store says Bushido is good paint. I haven't tried it, but that's what they told me when I asked for a cheap alternative to Marbs or PMI Premium now that PMI's paint has gone to hell. They said it was consistent and shot straight.

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 23 July 2008 - 09:53 PM

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#13 User is offline   billybob 

• The John Deere of paintball. Nothing mows as nice.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Location:Leavenworth County Kansas, everyone's a prisoner here
  • Brigade Name:billybob

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:18 PM

I've been having good luck with PMI Premium lately. As long as it's fresh and you don't let it sit in the heat for a terribly long time it does great. Once it sits in 90*+ weather for about 2 hours it's crap though. The same can be said for most paint, however.
"Life sucks" ~LT
"What the Hell? Is Abercrombie making people now!!!?"~ Vash

#14 User is offline   S.T.A.R.S XO. Short 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:04 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on Jul 24 2008, 12:51 AM, said:

The local store says Bushido is good paint. I haven't tried it, but that's what they told me when I asked for a cheap alternative to Marbs or PMI Premium now that PMI's paint has gone to hell. They said it was consistent and shot straight.

Bushido is on my top 5 list, right after DXS (Gold, Silver, Bronze) then marbs. (That order)

#15 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 20 August 2008 - 11:49 AM

I always use Wrek Elite. I've haven't had a ball break so far out of 5 cases. They go for $36 a case and have a decent fill, hard shell (I hate breaks), and pretty colors (orange/purple). This is the way to go. I'm pretty sure it's only available online though.
-Ty

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users