A Review by Caissey
Number of downloads: 26
Just so everyone knows, this is a picture taken by yours truly so you know that I in fact bought these goggles from Proto and can give out a review that is substantial. They are the olive camouflage goggles, most websites have the image as a flat dark green. THAT IS NOT THE GOGGLE COLOR. The goggle color is shown above.
- Silicone rubber goggle strap: Designed to be able to be adjusted and fit to your head and remain there without the need for a chin strap. This was a nice feature, I tested it out running and did not get a mask that bounced or moved around.
- Compression Formed Soft Ear Pieces: This feature allows the goggle to be about 20% lighter then previous Proto goggles, which is quite nice very light mask and you can hear better. The ear pieces are also adjustable so you can position it for a lower profile, it is a bit hard to position it if you don't check out the owners manual so read okay.
- 1/4 Turn Switch Buckle: Just like the Proto Switch, the buckle remains on the Proto Pro Axis goggles so you can change your lens with ease. It makes cleaning fast and efficient.
- Tirodial Lens: Gives you the most vertical and horizontal peripheral vision which is key in paintball games so you don't have to look around too much.
- Multi-Directional Venting: I love this feature, the masks venting is pretty amazing. Air flow is just about constantly going throughout the mask so you don't end up fogging up bad in the middle of those fire fights that you need to see as best you can to take out opposing players.
There are currently five colored goggle styles out for the Proto Pro Axis paintball goggles. Black, Red, Olive Camoflauge (shown above in attachment), Blue, and Grey.
This was a short and sweet review in my opinion. Basically I just went over the features, obviously no goggle is completely fog proof. But this mask was quite nice with the amount of airflow it has. If you don't want to fog at all look up the Proto Switch Turbine Fan. Also a great item.
All and all this mask is pretty sweet. I give it an 8 out of 10.
This post has been edited by Caissey: 28 February 2009 - 09:00 PM