• You cannot reply to this topic

Quick qeustion Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   mike7822 

• Aloha!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MIKE7822

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:59 PM

To increase an autocockers velocity, you have to compress the spring or get a stronger spring correct?

I also noticed my autococker's IVG has four different velocity settings thats it. It is held in by the beavertail screw and there are four different holes that are different distances. I have mine so it compresses the spring the most and the velocity stays the same, so I am going to sweetspot my reg but I will probably have to get new springs because I am only shooting around 200. Which sucks cause it bounces ALOT and its REALLY easy to dodge it.
03 Prostock Pump ♦ 08 Ego

#2 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:27 PM

Make sure you are using your reg to up velocity too...unless both your reg and ivg are all the way up then you dont NEED new springs...it wont hurt to get them though.

Peace,
Teddy K

#3 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:58 PM

I'm not sure i follow you. The IVG is held in place by the ORing on it, not the beavertail screw. You can remove the beaver tail and the IVG will stay put. THe beaver tail is just there as an anti cheat device and to protect your face from the back block (mainly though as the anti cheat device).

To sweetspot your reg leave the IVG in the middle, a few turns in, then ssweetspot the reg. After the reg is sweet spotted, then you can use the IVG to control your FPS. At that point ONLY use the IVG to control velocity. Leave the reg alone once it is sweet spotted.

I don';t know what you mean by 4 screw holes....there are four on the bottom of the body, but they are for mounting and holding, the first is for the front frame screw, second is for the valve set screw, next is for the rear frame screw, then the last is for the beavertail.

If you turn in the IVG too far you can have issues. Invest in a spring kit if you need to. But foir now sweetspot first, then see if the IVG can get you into proper range of velocity
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#4 User is offline   mike7822 

• Aloha!
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:13 PM

I may be a little confusing because this IVG is completly different than anything I've ever heard of. There are no threads in the bottom tube for it to screw in and out. If I take the beavertail screw out, the IVG and that spring comes out as well.

#5 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:21 PM

Oh....you have an old school auto cocker, before there were threaded IVGs. Yours uses a set screw to hold it in. I forgot about those, sorry thought we were talking 2k+ cockers. Yeah, that is how it should be. Old school ones worked like that. A small set screw held them in place. I don't know much about hem sorry. Maybe Meline, a cocker guru on this forum, or flyweightnate might know more about them. If all else fails, www.mcarterbrown.com can help you. Their cocker forum is full of old school guys.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#6 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:25 PM

Sounds like an AKA 'adjuster'. Grab some new springs. The way AKA cockers were tuned was via input pressure, because those Tornado valves flowed so fast. You're going to want to 'sweetspot' the gun at around 350fps, based on your springs, then turn the regulator down until you're at 300, for the best consistency and control. Or, you could get a normal IVG.

Are there large threads cut into the bottom tube for your IVG? If so, you can grab any old one. If not, you need to get a Belsales Rex Dialer (compulsivepaintball.com) to adjust the velocity via your spring compression. Any idea what valve you have in there? What inline reg do you have?

This post has been edited by flyweightnate: 15 October 2009 - 02:26 PM

Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

#7 User is offline   mike7822 

• Aloha!
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2009 - 11:53 AM

I will probably get a Rex Dialer because there are no threads. I have no idea what valve is in there but I have a CP regulator.

Edit: This?

This post has been edited by mike7822: 16 October 2009 - 12:55 PM

#8 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:44 AM

Yup. Pricey lil bugger, but nice.
Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic