Special Ops Paintball: Battle of the Spandex - Monsters of Rock - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Battle of the Spandex - Monsters of Rock a TAW Paintball scenario - August 23 & 24 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:49 PM

Coming up this Summer...
TAW Paintballs "MONSTERS OF ROCK: Battle of the Spandex" Scenario
...I think this is gonna be a goofy one...

Aug. 23 & 24 at Combat Zone in Oroville CA

TAW Paintball - Monsters of Rock Info & Registration

So who's going? Im in for sure, as is MrCadillac....
How about it Evil Fingers? Havnt seen you at the last few games...I think its time you shot some people again... :wacko:

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   FSHS Phil 

• Will work for paint.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:FSHS Phil

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:04 PM

I want to go, but I dont like that place in the summer. so we shall see
View My Special Ops Brigade Page
Official Pump Owner #115

#3 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2008 - 05:44 PM

View PostThe Stuntman, on Jun 18 2008, 10:49 PM, said:

Coming up this Summer...
TAW Paintballs "MONSTERS OF ROCK: Battle of the Spandex" Scenario
...I think this is gonna be a goofy one...

Aug. 23 & 24 at Combat Zone in Oroville CA

TAW Paintball - Monsters of Rock Info & Registration

So who's going? Im in for sure, as is MrCadillac....
How about it Evil Fingers? Havnt seen you at the last few games...I think its time you shot some people again... :huh:

Im down for it bro, but the problem is saving enough money to pay for the Registration and everything else I need to make that weekend a Memorable One for me

And btw, the last time I looked at the schedule for that game, the dates were 22nd, 23rd, and the 24th?

#4 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:57 PM

And btw, the last time I looked at the schedule for that game, the dates were 22nd, 23rd, and the 24th?

the 22nd doesnt really count. Theres a BBQ & early sign in, but thats about it officially. Game starts 9am Saturday.

#5 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:42 PM

View PostThe Stuntman, on Jun 28 2008, 09:57 PM, said:

the 22nd doesnt really count. Theres a BBQ & early sign in, but thats about it officially. Game starts 9am Saturday.

Ahhhh, I forgot about that and isnt that the Time when everyone gets to know everyone, which includes some other type of Fun that you and I never saw at Travis...like say, having a Few Drinks with the Homies?

#6 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:04 PM

other type of Fun that you and I never saw at Travis...like say, having a Few Drinks with the Homies?

Indeed it does. Nothing too crazy, but a few beers for the old guys at the end of the day make for a pleasent evening. Nobody wants a hangover, so its pretty mellow/controlled.
Saturday is a little different...no alcohol untill after final stand-down...and that's around 12-1am.

#7 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:34 PM

View PostThe Stuntman, on Jun 29 2008, 10:04 PM, said:

other type of Fun that you and I never saw at Travis...like say, having a Few Drinks with the Homies?

Indeed it does. Nothing too crazy, but a few beers for the old guys at the end of the day make for a pleasent evening. Nobody wants a hangover, so its pretty mellow/controlled.
Saturday is a little different...no alcohol untill after final stand-down...and that's around 12-1am.

Hangover, I havent one of those for over a year.

#8 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:01 AM

Heads Up Stuntman, I might be able to go to this after all, Im starting a new job on July 13th (Sunday) and I should be able to get enough to pay for everything before the Deadline.

#9 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:35 PM

View PostEvil Fingers, on Jul 9 2008, 06:01 AM, said:

Heads Up Stuntman, I might be able to go to this after all, Im starting a new job on July 13th (Sunday) and I should be able to get enough to pay for everything before the Deadline.

Cool...
I hope its not a billion degrees up at Oroville this game - my brain melted in places last time.

#10 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:07 PM

I hear ya there man and if the temp gets too hot on both days...I shut down like a Nuclear Reactor.

#11 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:26 PM

Storyline is posted, reg. is up...

Written by:

Charles “Damian” Allen
© Copyright 2008 TAW PAINTBALL - All Rights Reserved.

”For Those About To Rock… We Salute You!” – AC/DC

“Mic check, check, check, one two, one two” A frumpy, tattered shirt wearing roadie spoke in a lone microphone located on a stage in a nameless town and in a nameless bar. After awhile, they all looked the same. The locals, more irritated with the crappy sound system and constant feedback soon would see history change.

The 70’s saw a musical revolution of epic proportions and music technology began to boom in more ways than one. It was a decade of big sounds, harmonies and productions. One of the first bands to really take notice by the public wore black and white make up and character specific and elaborate costumes. One of the characters was a demon type of character who would “breathe fire” and spit fake blood… grotesque but entertaining none the less. It was a time when it was cool to be hairy. In fact, the hairier the better it seemed. Walking shag carpets so to speak.

The music was complex, intricate & deep. But then things began to change, the almost melodramatic tones were bombarded with sights, sounds and color not seen before. Guitar riffs ripped with lightning speed, punchy rhythms, skin tight bulging stretchy pants, new color (neon) explosion and big, I mean BIG hair!

The world was a gasp at the new look of Rock and it seemed that the more make up and the more hair spray was used, the more popular band would be. Oh, their music didn’t have to be good. In fact, more often than not, the music sucked and bad. However, the girls swooned at these new guys of rock and it didn’t matter if these guys looked more like girls than the girl groupies chasing them, they had the fair share of the “spoils” of being a rock star!

Yet, despite the influx of new “glam rock” bands that were popping up all over the world, some die hard “classic rock” bands still held true to their art. Girl bands both on the classic rock and the new glam rock scene were also starting to pop up with this new found popularity in the rock music industry. However, some self proclaimed titans of the glam rock scene pushed the envelope on morality and taste to get the “edge” over their competitor bands. Some went to the extreme with make-up and hair spray while others took a grungy almost guttural look.

One group in particular spearheaded a demented and almost comical look and they are Twisted Physter whose obscene clown-like personae has brought laughter to some while sending others with clown phobias to seek therapy. They have been dominating the music scene for years with catchy anthems for youth and their comically entertaining music videos.

However, a new breed of band have made their debut of recent. Fronted by their self glorifying front man, Axle Pose of Runs and Poses has declared musical war on the drag queen type glam band Twisted Physter. Everyone in the industry knows that there is no love lost between these two bands and that war is now growing as other bands across the spectrum have started taking sides in support.

It is the dawn of the 80’s and a fight for the stage. Roadies, the pawns of this heavy metal game of chess secretly sabotage opening acts and headliners alike in this spandex ridden debauchery. Speakers stacks tower above like Goliath, drummers bash their sets with unrelenting fervor, bassist pang away and pluck at their basses all while guitars scream like banshees in the night and lead singers whail into their microphones and act like Prima Donnas.

Who will reign supreme? Who will have the ULTIMATE World Tour? Who’s amps will go to 13 instead of 10? Who will hold the spotlight of success?

With the Twisted Physter World Tour choke out Axle with their self righteous anthems of anarchy? Or, will the Runs and Poses World Tour put the fists together and deliver the knock out blow that will put the clown-like has-beens into the pages of no-hit wonder history books?

Only YOU can decide! So, calling all 70’s, 80’s and even some of you early 90’s hacks, you know who I am talking to you… “You! Yes! You!” (Pink Floyed – School Master Character Voice), the ones that have secretly hidden your spandex and over inflated cod pieces, Aqua Net and eye liner… bring em and show us what you are made of!

Come join TAW PAINTBALL INTERNATIONAL SCENARIO PRODUCTIONS at COMBAT ZONE PAINTBALL FIELD in Oroville, California on the 22nd, 23rd & 24th August 2008 for this mind-blowing, adrenaline-pumping game, MONSTERS OF ROCK: BATTLE OF THE SPANDEX, a specialized TAW 3-Day Scenario Paintball Event!

With the most amount of play found anywhere, intriguing props, unforgettable characters, night play, role-playing, prizes, and much, much more… this event is not one to be missed!

From beginning to advanced players and young and old alike, this game offers a challenge and fun for everyone! Are you into role-playing and want to get wrapped up into the cloak and dagger aspect of the game? Are you a mission oriented operative looking to “get the job done” and lay waste to those that find themselves in your crosshairs? Or, are you an operative that prefers to be on the front lines while leading the charge or providing additional fire support for your fellow operatives? Or maybe, just maybe are you into just goofing off and having the most amount of fun possible, no matter what?

Then here is the challenge that will put your skills and imagination to the test!

Special roles will be in effect for this event… so if you think you have what it takes… step up and sound off!

This game is limited to the first 300 players and the first 100 Pre-Registered players get a free embroidered game patch as well as all pre-registered players will be entered into our huge prize drawing!

Prize drawing includes Free Markers, Free Tactical Equipment, Free Paint, Season Passes, Paintball Gear, and much, much more! Pre-register and be entered into the drawing for your change to win some cool stuff!

THIS IS THE MOST AMOUNT OF INTENSE, MULTI-DAY PAINTBALL PLAYTIME YOU WILL FIND ANYWHERE!

Don’t miss out! Get on the List… TODAY!!

#12 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:49 AM

Stuntman, are you planning to Camp there or find a Motel for the whole weekend?

#13 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:40 AM

View PostEvil Fingers, on Jul 21 2008, 03:49 AM, said:

I'll be camping. Its cheaper.
MrCadillac & I will be heading up friday afternoon - wanna make the BBQ that night. Fridaddy grills a mean teriyaki chicken....

#14 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:08 PM

View PostThe Stuntman, on Jul 21 2008, 08:40 AM, said:

View PostEvil Fingers, on Jul 21 2008, 03:49 AM, said:

I'll be camping. Its cheaper.
MrCadillac & I will be heading up friday afternoon - wanna make the BBQ that night. Fridaddy grills a mean teriyaki chicken....

Cool, I'll be seeing you both there then.

#15 User is offline   The Judge 

• Deranged Bystander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:A-5 Assassin

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:56 PM

BOINK

I'll be in Tacoma moving into my dorm that weekend.
TAW Paintball: The best Scenario ball in the west! / Join Pumpers of America

The Sabre isn't "slashing and stabbing" so much as perpetually poking the enemy until they make a mistake. - Flakk

Sling mud and argue for my entertainment

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users