• You cannot reply to this topic

splatmaster just got one Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:27 PM

Well, the main spring doesn't come in contact with any seals, does it? So it shouldn't matter what you put on the spring as long as it doesn't eat away at the plastic. Still get a new spring. Maybe get one that is slightly less or more as sort of a spring kit, just in case your velocity is too high/low.

#17 User is offline   lethalpanther 

• OOO a lizard!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:lethalpanther1

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:21 PM

yeppers...my bro kinda cheats. since you cant change the velocity easily like most guns, he switched out the spring and was shooting 290 all day. the field limit was set at 270.....and he had the proper spring in his kit, but he was lazy........

edit:and yeah, i heard from him that to clean it, you just air it up and run it through water. apparently the air tightens any seals so water cleans out everything you need to. i wonder if this works :(

This post has been edited by lethalpanther: 14 November 2008 - 11:22 PM

It's only a game, you don't need to be afaid of anyone, except for ONE person. Its not the teenager with a marker worth more than your car. Its not the SPPL player with about 35 BPS firing rate. Its the 40 year old guy lying in a corner, taking a nap before the game begins. His camo will probably be old, and he will most likely be toting a pump. He's been playing since before you were born, and if he mentions how much he didn't like when he had to play with oil based paintballs, make SURE he is on your team. This guy is a ghost.-Match99
Your grace...Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought honourably. And Rhaegar died. - Ser Jorah Mormont

#18 User is offline   nighthawk4 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:nighthawk4

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:27 PM

If the refs don't mind then I'm not complaining
(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your sig. to help
(")_(") him gain achieve domination!

#19 User is offline   lethalpanther 

• OOO a lizard!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:30 PM

lol...nighthawk, thats cuz the refs have no idea you have another spring. next time its gonna end up mentioned in earshot of the refs
It's only a game, you don't need to be afaid of anyone, except for ONE person. Its not the teenager with a marker worth more than your car. Its not the SPPL player with about 35 BPS firing rate. Its the 40 year old guy lying in a corner, taking a nap before the game begins. His camo will probably be old, and he will most likely be toting a pump. He's been playing since before you were born, and if he mentions how much he didn't like when he had to play with oil based paintballs, make SURE he is on your team. This guy is a ghost.-Match99
Your grace...Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought honourably. And Rhaegar died. - Ser Jorah Mormont

#20 User is offline   nighthawk4 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:07 AM

fine, as long as I'm not playing under 200fps I'll be happy

#21 User is offline   Chefdave 

• Karate Monkey Deathcar
  • PipPip

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:24 AM

View Postlethalpanther, on Nov 15 2008, 12:21 AM, said:

yeppers...my bro kinda cheats. since you cant change the velocity easily like most guns, he switched out the spring and was shooting 290 all day. the field limit was set at 270.....and he had the proper spring in his kit, but he was lazy........

edit:and yeah, i heard from him that to clean it, you just air it up and run it through water. apparently the air tightens any seals so water cleans out everything you need to. i wonder if this works :)

Knowing Splatmasters I doubt any more than his first or second shot was that high. He was probably within field limits pretty quickly.

Great guns but definitely not the most consistent or efficient.

#22 User is offline   The Elder 

• Sharpshooter
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Phantom-Sniper

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:07 PM

I want pics!!!

#23 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 16 November 2008 - 03:37 PM

View PostThe Elder, on Nov 16 2008, 07:07 PM, said:

I want pics!!!

Posted Image

#24 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:23 AM

View Postlethalpanther, on Nov 15 2008, 12:21 AM, said:

and yeah, i heard from him that to clean it, you just air it up and run it through water. apparently the air tightens any seals so water cleans out everything you need to. i wonder if this works :D

Water is recomended by Palmers to clean their guns. In fact if there are no electronics in your gun water works great.
You just need to be sure that you take the time to dry any pats that have the possibility of rusting.

#25 User is offline   Major chip Hazard 

• Secretly a Spartan Jedi secret agent
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:diseased rat

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:31 PM

I love my splatty :wub: . It even has a name (Abbey). I spray painted it brown. I love to use it as a side arm, but when I'm playing against walk ons, it feels great to ruin their egos by pwning them with a gun that is 12 years older than them.
This is a signiture. There is nothing special about this signature. Why are you reading it? Its not funny. Just a signature.

Bring out y'ur dead!!!!!

Recruiting for team Face Painters. PM for details

#26 User is offline   lethalpanther 

• OOO a lizard!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2008 - 11:35 PM

lol. ive been trying to get some pics up, but for some reason all the pics are like 2.9 megabytes. tommika's pic is pretty much it, but i have some very in-depth photos.

when i went to the field half the refs were puzzled at how to shoot it. the other half complimented me. It was pretty fun, got some nice eliminations too. it feels so wierd being the only 13 year old at the field(as opposed to adults) and being the only one with a pump, let alone a pump pistol.

i cant wait till december since im dying to try it out again. :P hope for the best and if i find a diff camera ill try to take some pics that are less than 1 MB. or, i might be putting a video up of it, if i do ill edit my first post

#27 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 22 November 2008 - 11:43 PM

yeah, it's funny watching people try to shoot it. It's a fun little gun if I could ever get mine above 200 fps... :/

I don't think there's much that a splatmaster can look like besides what Tommmika posted... sans spray paint or rental numbers.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#28 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 23 November 2008 - 04:17 AM

View Postlethalpanther, on Nov 23 2008, 06:35 AM, said:

lol. ive been trying to get some pics up, but for some reason all the pics are like 2.9 megabytes. tommika's pic is pretty much it, but i have some very in-depth photos.

when i went to the field half the refs were puzzled at how to shoot it. the other half complimented me. It was pretty fun, got some nice eliminations too. it feels so wierd being the only 13 year old at the field(as opposed to adults) and being the only one with a pump, let alone a pump pistol.

i cant wait till december since im dying to try it out again. :D hope for the best and if i find a diff camera ill try to take some pics that are less than 1 MB. or, i might be putting a video up of it, if i do ill edit my first post

Size is fine, the better quality picture the biger the file.

Upload to an online gallery such as Picasa / Flickr / etc. Once they are loaded each picture will have a link address, use INSERT PICTURE in the forum post to embed the picture or if you have put up a lot then instead of linking each one you can link to the gallery with INSERT LINK.

My picture basicaly shows a Splatmaster, but there could be many more views such as it loaded with a tube, cocked, pointing out where the 12 gram goes etc.

To answer a couple of them - the 12 gram goes in the bottom of the grip and is locked in place and pierced by screwing in the bottom black piece, the Splatmaster is loaded by putting in a 10 shot tube into the front of the upper of what could appear to be two barrels. With the marker cocked you tip back and the next paintball drops into the chamber. The side window lets you see inside.

Unfortunately my Splatmaster spent somehing like 20 years in the attic so the metal is not well and it won't let any co2 through. The moving parts all work but I am missing the trigger spring so it would need replacement or have to return it manually.

http://www.splatmaster.net/

#29 User is offline   nighthawk4 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:49 AM

My trigger spring was shot to I just cut a pen spring to size and stuck it in there, works great!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users