• You cannot reply to this topic

Skirmish USA 2008 Just looked at the updated calender... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   CertifiedPaintballer 

• Forum Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:certified paintballer

Posted 01 March 2008 - 08:55 AM

Well, I was on the Skirmish site, and I checked out their calender. It looks like it's gonna be a fun year :laugh:.
There is a lot more stuff going on than last year.

http://skirmish.com/calendar.html

This post has been edited by CERTIFIED PAINTBALLER: 01 March 2008 - 08:56 AM

#2 User is offline   UprisingPaintball 

• After you wrestled, everything else in life is easy
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:D-Gotts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:51 AM

looks pretty sikk
Check out my pb gear F/S/T My Feedback

I.O.N. '07 Americans-Drew Da Demo Dude
(420_tastes_good from PBN)

#3 User is offline   MOOSE93 

• Fresh Prince of the W.G.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MOOSE93

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:00 PM

Those 250 person scenairos look fun.

#4 User is offline   mariol 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:08 PM

PTW was a small game and was great fun. There was no BS, just good playing. I was a Role player and had a blast working with some really great teams.
Team Hell Katz
Visit Our Website

#5 User is offline   CertifiedPaintballer 

• Forum Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:12 PM

View Postmariol, on Mar 1 2008, 02:08 PM, said:

PTW was a small game and was great fun. There was no BS, just good playing. I was a Role player and had a blast working with some really great teams.

Yeah, I really want to go to a smaller scenario. I was never at a scenario smaller than like 1000 people.

#6 User is offline   MOOSE93 

• Fresh Prince of the W.G.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MOOSE93

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:15 PM

View PostCERTIFIED PAINTBALLER, on Mar 1 2008, 12:12 PM, said:

View Postmariol, on Mar 1 2008, 02:08 PM, said:

Yeah, I really want to go to a smaller scenario. I was never at a scenario smaller than like 1000 people.

Same

#7 User is offline   mariol 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:24 PM

Hey guys,

I think you will definitely enjoy these smaller games. Jpazz from team Wulfpak did a great job and I see these smaller games as a good thing. Give them a try.
Team Hell Katz
Visit Our Website

#8 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 01 March 2008 - 01:51 PM

Hey Mariol...any word from Paul about more/better refs in general? What of his plans (if any) on eliminating problems like the ones he created at ION 07? ...and please don't blow me off or tell me to "come up and see"....this is important safety information that NEEDS to be said out in the open.

Thanks

druid
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#9 User is offline   mariol 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 01 March 2008 - 03:35 PM

View Postdruid, on Mar 1 2008, 03:51 PM, said:

Hey Mariol...any word from Paul about more/better refs in general? What of his plans (if any) on eliminating problems like the ones he created at ION 07? ...and please don't blow me off or tell me to "come up and see"....this is important safety information that NEEDS to be said out in the open.

Thanks

druid

Druid.... I would NOT blow you off.

In regards to these games, the one's JPazz is putting on, there were absolutely no issues to mar the PTW game. Wulfpak and Skirmish did an excellent job. As far as I see, these, smaller less aggressive games will be a nicety for Skirmish.

The "Other" games.... You, as well as I, know that of the 3 major scenarios that Skirmish puts on, ION is the big dog and the MAJOR headache. To the best of my knowledge, there will be more security, stricter policies and with the reduction if players less trouble. Having the cap at 3000 should insure a better game. When I played in 05, my 1st there were 3k players and I do not recall any major incidents. I do believe that Paul is looking to increase the player to ref ratio but I have no details.

Best practice, and you know this as well as I, is if they break a priority rule... bounce them completely. I do believe this will be the way it will be.
Team Hell Katz
Visit Our Website

#10 User is offline   POBHD 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 01 March 2008 - 05:36 PM

anyone know how many people are going to stalingrad 08?

This post has been edited by POBHD: 01 March 2008 - 05:36 PM

#11 User is offline   CertifiedPaintballer 

• Forum Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2008 - 08:00 PM

View PostPOBHD, on Mar 1 2008, 07:36 PM, said:

Last year there was 1700-1800.

And are they going to stick with their 3000 player cap for ION? Because for the smaller games it says they are limited to 250 players, but for ION it doesn't say "limited to 3000 players".

#12 User is offline   Tod Krieger 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Tod Krieger

Posted 01 March 2008 - 08:48 PM

View PostCERTIFIED PAINTBALLER, on Mar 1 2008, 10:00 PM, said:

View PostPOBHD, on Mar 1 2008, 07:36 PM, said:

Last year there was 1700-1800.

And are they going to stick with their 3000 player cap for ION? Because for the smaller games it says they are limited to 250 players, but for ION it doesn't say "limited to 3000 players".

It does on the posters they have in thier shop. It states there is a 3000 player cap.
Tippmann Owners Group #11
Sabre # 226

#13 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:33 AM

View Postmariol, on Mar 1 2008, 05:35 PM, said:

View Postdruid, on Mar 1 2008, 03:51 PM, said:

Thanks

druid

Druid.... I would NOT blow you off.

Mariol my friend, thank you.

In regards to these games, the one's JPazz is putting on, there were absolutely no issues to mar the PTW game. Wulfpak and Skirmish did an excellent job. As far as I see, these, smaller less aggressive games will be a nicety for Skirmish.

I remember the postings about PTW and JPazz/Wulfpak on a few other forums. They did indeed, seem to be headed in the right direction. My hardheadedness won't allow me to return to Skirmish until I know it's safe. I know that it was said PTW was a great game, very safe and nary an issue...but you know fully well I had my daughter there for ION 07. I have every right to be as pessimistic as the next guy...no actually...more than the average player.

The "Other" games.... You, as well as I, know that of the 3 major scenarios that Skirmish puts on, ION is the big dog and the MAJOR headache.

You're absolutely right and unless I'm mistaken, I believe I've spoken very highly of the smaller games of the past...only citing a few issues (like the reballs the one year)...but always highly of them. For the upcoming games, I've said "be very careful."

ION 07, for all it's 'glory'...was just too much IMO. The problems overshadowed it's potential and greatness in the anals of the paintball world.

To the best of my knowledge, there will be more security, stricter policies and with the reduction if players less trouble. Having the cap at 3000 should insure a better game. When I played in 05, my 1st there were 3k players and I do not recall any major incidents. I do believe that Paul is looking to increase the player to ref ratio but I have no details.

I was also there in 05 and like you, I don't recall hearing anything major. Dumb stuff...yeah...but nothing major. I'm glad to hear that they are taking things by the horns and I really REALLY hope it works this time around. If Paul wants to take suggestions (I doubt it but it's worth trying)...remind him that:
* Refs need to be IN FIELD and not riding the safe areas all day like they were in 07.
* Refs need to be ASSERTIVE. DO the job...not just 'look' the role.
* Issue whistles to the refs - Fox 40™ whistles are the ones the NFL uses. Loud and pea less.
* MANDATORY CHRONO with zip ties. NO EXCEPTIONS.
* MANDATORY spot checks of gear and equipment. NO EXCEPTIONS.
* HPA at both entry points AT GAME START. NO EXCEPTIONS.
* SECURE ALL HOPPER TAPES so they aren't...uh..."misplaced...and then found later on the field" - like in 07

And if the refs need shields, they can be made easily from 3/8" sheets of plexiglass with a heat gun, drill, rope and a sawz-all. Get 4'x8' sheets and measure them off to 2'x4' sections and cut them with the sawz-all. Lay these sheets over a 55 gal drum and heat them with the gun so they arc around the drum. Drill four 3/4" holes in them and run rope for handles. They can even be painted "ref" on the inside with orange paint. Make a stencil, lay it in there backwards (so it's seen as "normal" from the front) and spray them.

Best practice, and you know this as well as I, is if they break a priority rule... bounce them completely. I do believe this will be the way it will be.

Excellent bud...all things that I want to hear.
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#14 User is offline   mariol 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:29 AM

Druid,

Nixx has posted on PBN, in regard to a ref question, that there will be an increased ref count.
Team Hell Katz
Visit Our Website

#15 User is offline   BLACK MAMBA 

• Living Luxerific
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:46 AM

with all these issues that i have read with skirmish form past to present, lets just say they havent come close to selling me yet, even on the smaller games.....
Posted Image
MM PB /VALKEN / FLASC / CCC / COMPULSIVE / MSS / TIBERIUS / GUERRILLA

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users