• You cannot reply to this topic

Viewloader 9v Hopper Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Siesatia 

• Watch out, I bite
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Siesatia

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:46 AM

I saw that noone had reviewed this yet, so...

Posted Image

I like so many of us originally started playing paintball with my stock marker, which was a Tippmann 98 Custom, and it came with a Shake and Pray Hopper system… As my gear list grew, and I put more paint in the air I soon realized I needed something better then a hopper that I had to shake every so many balls to keep it firing. I had been planning to buy one only a few days after a game when a friend of mine shattered his when he took a tumble down a hill and broke part of his Viewloader 9v hopper on a rock. When he I saw him up in the dead hut, he was planning to throw it away when I asked him if I could keep it and try to fix it. He said if I could get it working I could keep it. I ended up not only fixing it, but repainting it and it has now become one of the more important pieces of my equipment.

The loader is made of a tough plastic, it comes in many colors, mine was originally a dark green, but other colors are available, including black. It is only a little bit larger then the stock hopper, and holds the same amount. The hopper is energy efficient; I have yet to change the batteries (As of August 2006) even though I’ve been using it for 5 months now. The hopper itself is actually rather quiet… when its not running… it only runs when the balls aren’t feeding, but it is actually rather loud when it is.

One of my qualms with the loader is the top, it has a bad habit of popping open at the most inopportune moments, it seems it was not properly fitted, the top was a little small, so I dremmeled down the loader’s edge to allow it to snugly fit. It was a rather simple operation and works 90% of the time now; I just have to make sure I give the top a good smack before I trust it to stay in place…

The weight of the loader is only a pound or two unloaded, so its not a problem, but it does, like all hoppers, restrict my sight. The good thing is it is only slightly large in terms of surface area, when compared to the rather large hoppers, which seem to be paint magnets.

Final Verdict:

I got it for free, but the real version is about 49.99, and I certainly don’t consider it worth that. It has its share of problems, the top on mine was not fitted correctly, and would defiantly give away one’s position if it were to start running. I give it a 7 out of 10.

This post has been edited by Siesatia: 24 August 2006 - 10:49 AM

IPB Image

#2 User is offline   Ragedman 

• There's my chip chip.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:I have one, used it once...like π years.

Posted 08 September 2006 - 11:05 PM

I like mine, I bought it for $20 off my bro, and it have a reasonable drop rate, works good on a 98c w/ r/t.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users