• You cannot reply to this topic

Empire Magna Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:40 AM

When I purchased my Macdev Cyborg, I decided to get a hopper that could keep up with it. I had a Halo B w/rip drive but decided that I did not want to use it for a couple of reasons. I started looking around and came across the Magna.

I love the fact that Empire moved the battery compartment on the Halo's to the back on the Magna. They also made the door to the battery compartment a slide, so its much easier to change the batteries should they die during the game. I'm not too crazy about the 6 AA's. Also by changing the design of the shell so that the weight sits over the grip instead of more over the barrel makes the gun/hopper combination much more balanced.

The Magna also comes setup for the RF, which I opted for. All you have to do is plug the RF switch into the marker, hold the power button down until it turns amber, pull the trigger, the light turns green and the gun and hopper are synchronized. I have not tried out the sound activation feature seeing as how I opted to get the RF right away.

I shot 6 different brands of paint, XO's Menace and Spectrum, Empire Ramp, Diablo Heat, PMI Rampage, and RPS Marballizers. Out of all the paint I shot, at least 3 cases total, I had problems with only the Marballizers breaking in the hopper. I was unsure if it was caused by the paint itself or if the tension on the Magna clutch was to high. I opted to change to one of the magnet configurations that are provided for you in the manual. I have yet to try the new configuration out. I will update this after my next day of paintball.

I was thoroughly impressed by the Magna's performance. Using Energizer Lithium batteries, I shot probably about 3000 balls before the hopper batteries died. I am going to try the Spring tension monitoring feature. It is supposed to help prevent breaks as well as enxtend battery life. The Magna kept up beautifully with the Cyborg. I had no issues with feeding at all.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#2 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:31 AM

Of course with the Magna and it's configuration may might find the balancing on the marker different. I myself have never tried one.

..... feedback on this ......

#3 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:59 AM

View Postslinkyaroo, on Jun 16 2008, 09:31 AM, said:

Of course with the Magna and it's configuration may might find the balancing on the marker different. I myself have never tried one.

..... feedback on this ......

I had the Halo B and it moved the center of balance further forward on the marker. With the feedneck at the front of the hopper, the weight of the hopper sits over the grip. In my opinion, this makes the marker more balanced when you have a 68/4500 on the back. I definitely like the feel of the marker/hopper combination while playing.

#4 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:21 AM

I love my Magna. That is all.

#5 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:29 AM

I did not really like my magna...

I wish that I had the rf chip though because the sound activation but a pain in the butt...because if you have eyes on your gun you cant fire until you have a ball in the breach...well in order to get it to feed you need to make some noise...its pretty hilarious to watch someone yelling at there hopper so it will feed...so im told.

It fed nice though but personally vlocity ftw....I did like the magnets on the lid though that was pretty good idea and worked better than previous magnet systems imo.

Peace,
Teddy K

#6 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:29 AM

I never had any problems with my sound. Closing my hopper was loud enough to make it spin.

#7 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:46 AM

View PostTeddy K, on Jun 18 2008, 11:29 AM, said:

I did not really like my magna...

I wish that I had the rf chip though because the sound activation but a pain in the butt...because if you have eyes on your gun you cant fire until you have a ball in the breach...well in order to get it to feed you need to make some noise...its pretty hilarious to watch someone yelling at there hopper so it will feed...so im told.

It fed nice though but personally vlocity ftw....I did like the magnets on the lid though that was pretty good idea and worked better than previous magnet systems imo.

Peace,
Teddy K

You didn't bother to try and adjsut the sound sensitivity?

#8 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 19 June 2008 - 02:44 PM

I had it for a day...never really cared for it the balance issue was enough for me to know I wouldnt like it.

The sound activation, and the need to lower its sensitivity, was just something that furthered my dislike...I like being able to hit a button and go not have to worry about individual settings when I change from gun to gun.

Peace,
Teddy K

#9 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 June 2008 - 02:46 PM

wat is the magnas feed rate
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#10 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:36 PM

30 BPS +

#11 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:42 PM

I have to add that the past 2 times I played, there were some feeding issues. I have the feeling that it may have been due to the paintballs swelling and not feeding properly because the heat and humidity. Other than that, the Magna did great on its second outing...

#12 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:07 PM

I have also written a review on the magna. I love mine :panzer:

#13 User is offline   Xareo 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Xareo

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:21 PM

Not no long ago i sold my empire b to help pay for the magna. After playing with it just 3 times i got rid of it. I did not like the feel of the weight toward the back, with that little tray thing it sucked to get it back together, and as for feed rate the empire b feeds more than fast enough for any tournament or game so having a bit more does not really make a difference.

In my opinion you should just save your money and get a empire b, if you want to be able to adjust the sound sensitivity then just get the b2. The only thing i think that is better about the magna is the battery door, but that is not worth the price difference. But as with all paintball products get the one that YOU like the best...i just would not recommend this one.

#14 User is offline   With_Force 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:WITHFORCE

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:18 AM

Not trying to dig up a potential argument, but this loader was brought to my attention by a friend of mine as "the fastest loader evar [sic]!" Has this loader been put to the test before by anyone? I know anything more than (in my opinion, anyways) 20bps in Woodsball is just downright overkill, but I've installed a Virtue board in one of my guns and just wanted to see if it's everything it's made out to be.
Who needs subtlety? I shoot until the woods are monochrome.

#15 User is offline   mass destruction 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:52 AM

i dont have a magna, nor do i really plan to get one until something happens to my fasta, but it looks really interesting. does the magna clutch really help alot when its set to be more gentle on paint?
(quote-Iron Eagle) This is why my preferred way of death is strapping a bomb to myself, walking into PETA HQ and detonating it.
(Quote-weltmaker2000) I don't call my guns pumps. I refer to them as euthanizers of the stupid.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users