Special Ops Paintball: Before I buy an APEX... - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Before I buy an APEX... APEX owners help!

#1 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:alexspawn3000

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:24 PM

ok,

Before I go crusading the web looking for that lowest price on my tippmann 98's new Apex barrel, I need to know one thing:

Do you have to aim upqards for the "flatline" effect to work????

All the videos I have seen seem to show the shooter aiming upwards, then the ball shoots in an upside down arc sort of thing, and then flies flat to the target...

I am a "sniper" and I like to be prone alot, thus if my shot zips down, well I just sniped mother nature in the face, and not the oposing players...

From what I gather, if you keep it in setting 3-4ish, it simply helps flaten out the shots.

APEX users, PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,

Alex
Posted Image
"The gun doesn't MAKE the player, it ENHANCES the player!"
~AleX~

#2 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:49 PM

you do not have to aim upwards to use the apex,

If your setting is 0, and you aim straight, it will work the same as any barrel
if your setting is 2, and you aim straight, it will work like a small flat-line effect
if your setting is 4, and you aim straight, the ball will shoot a little further and straighter.

Basically, people always aim up becuase the simple fact is, a marker at a 40 degree angle will shoot further then a marker at a 0 degree angle.
but a flatline at 40 degrees will WAY outshoot a straight barrel at a 40 degree angle.
when you slightly tilt the apex up, the apex effect really shines, But if your shooting straight, as long as your at a higher setting you should notice a big difference.

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 05 July 2011 - 09:50 PM

#3 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:02 PM

oh ok,

Yeah that was the only thing that was worrying me. I noticed on youtube vids it looks like people are trying to shoot the sky with the Apex hehe. I guess that is lvl 8 or whatever max is.

I know that shooting high gives you more range (been playing 6 years) but never used an Apex before, but thanks for the help, again!

I jsut setup my new basement with all my gear! i'll post pics in the appropriate forum.

Alex
Posted Image
~AleX~

#4 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:52 PM

the first few settings you can aim straight. The last 3 settings though you MUST aim skyward. Or at least my friends and i all had to when we used them. Setting 7 and 8 you needed to aim at like a 45* angle to the sky and when you shot, the ball would shoot out, drop and hug near the ground for 20 feet, then rise up and fly super far (no way to aim this well at all, kinda useless at this setting).

The first few settings you are fine with aiming normal, it isn't until you get to the high backspin levels that there is an issue. And really you shouldn't be using it at settings 7 or 8 anyways, you cant hit anything with it at that setting, every shot is just a lob like a shot in the dark. No control over wher it will go in the end

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#5 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:55 PM

oh ok.

Thank you for the info.

I want to get the APEX 2 for two reasons:

1. It looks alot better than APEX 1, and much like a silencer

2. It can give me the effect of a flatline (which i love) and i can turn it off if need be. It will add soem range to my "sniping"
Posted Image
~AleX~

#6 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:11 PM

So I just ordered my APEX 2 and also a sight raiser to go with it. Those sight raisers have gotten CHEAP since I remember. $50 is what they used to be, got mine for $11 with a 1inch raise to it! no more craning my neck!! :)
Posted Image
~AleX~

#7 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:33 PM

I remember when they were expensive as well. Haha, I think my cousin paid 40 for one years ago.

#8 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:42 PM

i Paid $100 for mine when they first came out. :D Bought two of them. LOL One for my cocker threaded markers and one for my PPS stuff. Used it on the cocker twice, never bothered with it on the other PPS markers. It is fun, but so not my playing style
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users