• You cannot reply to this topic

The A-5 Review thats right, i went there Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   SneakyStam 

• SneakyStam
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Sneakystam

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:10 PM

the first paintball gun i ever owned was a tippmann a-5. i think its a nice gun for a starting player, as well as someone who wants a durable and reliable gun for many years to come. personally i love that gun over electrics, because i could go underwater if i so desired, and all i would have to do is just dry the thing out, re-grease it and it would be good as new.

as far as a sniper marker goes? i use a tippmann sniper barrel (believe it to be a werks barrel) 14 inches long, a red dot sight (love it) and a tac cap 50rd hopper. once sighted in, that little glowing red dot is accurate for some major shots, even though i dont use it for anything longer than 30 yards. seriously, if you shot at someone and hit them at some uber-long range, most likely they would look around, wipe it off and keep going thinking it was just a stray ball. hey, weve all done it. i play with honor and honesty, having the break or bounce rule while wearing my ghillie. it gets annoying to see people wipe an awesome long ball, but then again, its better to scare the poop out of them at close range when theyre walking away. that one piece of advice in the articles section (i believe) is the best piece of advice i have ever read. yes, its common sense, but i used to shoot when they were close enough for me not to miss (no sight back then. only had the iron sights). that was back when i first started playing the sniper role. now, i usually hunt the generals, since theyre worth a ton more than general eliminations ( zero points to be specific). yea, i do take out targets of opportunity as they come along, but if im close to the enemy base, i wont take any unneccesary shots for fear of giving my position away.

i do have stories where i killed craploads of people, but then again, i also have stories about getting assasinated more times than not. its just the way the learning curve goes. you cant become great witout getting dirty along the way.

any gun will work, just use what makes you happy. we all have a limit to the amount we can actually spend, so pick the best gun you can get for your money's worth. a tippmann is great for this. ive had mine for over 4 years now and its a workhorse.

like the other person in this section said. its not the gun that makes the player. just be diligent in your sniper practices and learn from your mistakes.
Sometimes the best strategies are made while being shot at.

the only people that will tell the truth are drunks and children

with all the arguing about paintball snipers, it makes me wonder why i even bother to shoot them.

Is a sniper in hand worth two in the bush? For those who know this proverb, i think its arguable. lol.

#32 User is offline   Delta 9 

• Follow me.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Delta 9

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:11 AM

I switch roles between Squad Commander, Sniper, and Medium Rifleman. I read a lot of reviews, saved my money, took the plunge and ordered the A5. I haven't second guessed my decision since. It's not the most gas efficient, a little on the heavy side, but my gun is the last to malfunction on the field. With my stock single trigger I can rip off 7-8 bps, and I have yet to be undergunned in a fire-fight. I've used my A5 in every position I named above with no complaints in any of them. It's been good to me as a sniper marker, despite the reviews that state otherwise. Though the A5 is a little on the loud side, I often hear from players I've shot at, that the shot seemed to come from "everywhere". I've put more paint through my gun on the range than in play, so I know my gun inside and out. When I was at the Pits in Chillicothe with my buddy Josh, I was shooting the last out of his HPA tank on my gun. After a long string of shots, I stopped and said to him that I only have about 1 shot left. I turned it upside down so the cyclone wouldn't feed a new ball, and fired 1 shot, followed by the long gun "fart" as the last of the air bled out. He laughed aloud and said, "Man you know your gun!". Like the banner I've seen so often on these forums, "All a sniper needs is a gun, and a mentality, the rest is optional." I know there are more efficient markers out there, but it's hard to find one more dependable. And as far as it not being good for speedball, that is bull. My first day of paintball was speedball, with my A5. My stats for that day are on my Brigade Profile (my best day of paintball to date). Aside from light suppression fire, I racked up numerous 1-2 shot kills all day, ranging from 20 feet, from one back can to another back can. And these were no walk-ons, these guys had Ions, Angels, Cockers, Shockers, Impulses, Nerves, even 1 Timi. They made fun of me at the check-in counter, and were shaking my hand by the end of the day. The gun you carry into battle is a factor, but it's not the most important in the equation. Your most effective weapon will always be your mind, use it wisely.

Just my 2 cents, Delta 9 out.
"Delta 9 to Squad, lock n' load. Let's move out!"

#33 User is offline   Sniper Hunter19 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 December 2007 - 01:27 PM

im extremely happy with mine and the only bad things i can find is the loudness and the small air tube that operates the cyclone system is easy to put a hole in pretty soon ill have a stock remote and 16in barrel hope this helped

#34 User is offline   arcani 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:arcani

Posted 24 December 2007 - 10:17 AM

In heavy wooded areas, I appreciate the loud report of my a-5. Not only does it scare my target knowing that I'm actually quite close to him, the louder report means a bigger soundwave which bounces off more trees to come from several different directions to the target in question. If the player has managed to keep his cool he still won't know where I'm coming from because of my loud marker.

#35 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 27 December 2007 - 07:12 PM

View PostSniper Hunter19, on Dec 22 2007, 03:27 PM, said:

im extremely happy with mine and the only bad things i can find is the loudness and the small air tube that operates the cyclone system is easy to put a hole in pretty soon ill have a stock remote and 16in barrel hope this helped

One suggestion, skip the 16" barrel and get a 14". There will be no appreciable difference between the two except maybe the 14 is less expensive

This post has been edited by Knightwolf16: 27 December 2007 - 07:13 PM

"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#36 User is offline   Mercy of Spades 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mercy

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:32 PM

View PostRogueShooter, on Jul 17 2006, 05:44 AM, said:

I just ordered my A5 dogleg along with a stiffy, red dot sight, and tac cap. hopefully I'll be able to offer my review of it soon. Why go with the A5? I'm starting out in the sport and not entirely sure if i'll be good enough to stick with the sniper position. I'm a pretty tall guy about 200lbs and not exactly as spry as I was in high school, so I figure the A5 has me covered if I decide to take on a sabre or broadsword role instead. And personally, I think that the shooter has a lot more to do with the sniper position than the marker does, as long as its not total garbage.

Hey you said you got the tac cap for your A-5 right? How well does it work? I'm considering it myself
Jeremiah 29:11 "His promises fulfilled"

#37 User is offline   Dugg 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Cdugg

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:35 AM

I run a tac cap cut to 40 rds and totatly love it. Got the i can't beleive thats the way you play speech at the feild in the morning and in the afternoon it was wow i think i might try something like that. My setup isn't all that exspensive i spent alot to get to were it is but sold off alot of stuff and put the money back into it. I run an a5, lpk, airthru a2 stock, derlin starfire bolt, palmer stab, hpa, end game compression barrel with carpet padding in the supressor, 40mm reddot, and a three point sling. It is my perfect setup for everything. It is actually very light and very quiet, and it has never failed me in the 6 years i've had it.

DUGG

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users