Special Ops Paintball: So you're gonna bring a girl to play? - Special Ops Paintball

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

So you're gonna bring a girl to play? A how-to guide. Rate Topic: ***** 5 Votes

#121 User is offline   superman1479 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:50 AM

yea i took my girlfriend to play and guess what.. she loved it!!!she domed me a few times and though it was the funniest thing in the world. so we got her a gun and you are right the invert gear does fit very well but i find the grillz ir the new i4 fit her a girls face very well. ive been reffing about eight years and i always recomend to wear a hoodie and a shirt or something under it. the hoodie has a surpriging amount of padding in it. my girl wears the hoodie with her jersey and she loves every minute.

#122 User is offline   CharcoalD 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:LW-Hazzard

Posted 23 January 2010 - 06:41 PM

I'm telling you Becc, you were a godsend today; we had a group of folks come out to my home field, and among them was a rather cute teacher :ghillie: .

She must have read your mind, because she did everything said in this post (don't know about the thong part though, wasn't gonna ask that :ghillie: ) and now she's hooked.

Just one thing, she said the mask she had didn't fit her right (it was a JT rental). Got any recommendations on masks?
Ron 'LW-Hazzard' Daman
(The LW is for Lone Wolf, since i am one for now ;)
Tippmann Gun Whore, now moving on to BT's and stockguns :p

#123 User is offline   Xakk 

• got boost?
  • PipPip

Posted 23 January 2010 - 09:16 PM

my girl rocks Invert Vents - well, invert everything beside the rotor loaded ion.
Btw, seeing as my girls plays, and plays with force, I agree with everything in the original post. Its to bad I didnt read all of this before I tried to get her to play though.

The only problem I get now is when she says, "I hate being the only girl out there" which I can understand, so we end up going as a team with other couples that we know. Its a lot more fun when the girls are involved :(

#124 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:28 PM

i can understand the only girl thing... it gets old, but ive gotten a lot of friends who are girls to play, and by now ive played long enough to have a lot of really close paintball guy friends, so i never feel 'left out'. that said, ive never had an issue having guy friends, got more of them than i do girls, so it was natural for me.

I wore vents for years, and now have a proto axis. Both are really great... i dont like grillz or save face. ive heard ok things obout the i4's, but id be careful about the lesser amount of protection on a newer girl.

#125 User is offline   ColdSteel38 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:HOOKSTAR54

Posted 03 February 2010 - 06:02 AM

how about this... My girl has played before with HER friends..BUT she feels intimidated by the fact that my friends and my self take it so seriously.. how can i convince her to play??

#126 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 03 February 2010 - 06:41 AM

don't take it so seriously...no need to be uber competetive in a game amongst friends. Just play and have fun. I am the same as your GF i hate it when people take the game super seriously...like it's life or death. It's just a game...just play and have fun...who cares who wins.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#127 User is offline   ColdSteel38 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:58 PM

View PostLegato, on Feb 3 2010, 06:41 AM, said:

don't take it so seriously...no need to be uber competetive in a game amongst friends. Just play and have fun. I am the same as your GF i hate it when people take the game super seriously...like it's life or death. It's just a game...just play and have fun...who cares who wins.

thats the thing, where im at its not really competative, just an bunch of people out having fun and blowing off steam in the jungles of Okinawa on their weekends.. i think ill show this thread and see what she thinks.

#128 User is offline   Mehphisto 

• JUST A SMALL TOWN GIRL
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2010 - 08:55 PM

View PostColdSteel38, on Feb 3 2010, 06:58 PM, said:

thats the thing, where im at its not really competative, just an bunch of people out having fun and blowing off steam in the jungles of Okinawa on their weekends.. i think ill show this thread and see what she thinks.

Then explain that to her. Tell her just because you have nice stuff doesn't mean you are super competetive when you actually play. That's the way it is at my field, at practices we don't get super competitive about it.
Damn it feels good to be a gangster.

ELITESPORTS OT
The only original OT team

#129 User is offline   ColdSteel38 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:53 PM

View PostMehphisto, on Feb 3 2010, 08:55 PM, said:

View PostColdSteel38, on Feb 3 2010, 06:58 PM, said:

Then explain that to her. Tell her just because you have nice stuff doesn't mean you are super competetive when you actually play. That's the way it is at my field, at practices we don't get super competitive about it.

nice, thanks

#130 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:56 PM

i think it might be her worry for them being really good thats keeping her away... well, not really sure how to phrase it, but i think i get what youre saying.

try offering to change up games. we invented 'bday ball' at the last MCB game... everyone only gets 10 rounds, hilarity ensues (now imagine playing that with egos, better pray you dont bump the trigger on accident). Or, play pump/pistol, or other random games. If its speedball, make it so you have to tag opposite deadbox before you can start shooting. Or play where everyone wheres tall hats (iparty has them) and youre only out when you shoot it off their head.

Saying its not serious and showing are two different things. Also, if youre into serious milsim or have totally decked out attire, try to go easy on it. No matchy matchy camo, radios, vests, etc.

#131 User is offline   BAGELS 

• good stuff^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I3agels

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:48 PM

View PostBecc, on Feb 4 2010, 01:56 AM, said:

i think it might be her worry for them being really good thats keeping her away... well, not really sure how to phrase it, but i think i get what youre saying.

try offering to change up games. we invented 'bday ball' at the last MCB game... everyone only gets 10 rounds, hilarity ensues (now imagine playing that with egos, better pray you dont bump the trigger on accident). Or, play pump/pistol, or other random games. If its speedball, make it so you have to tag opposite deadbox before you can start shooting. Or play where everyone wheres tall hats (iparty has them) and youre only out when you shoot it off their head.

Saying its not serious and showing are two different things. Also, if youre into serious milsim or have totally decked out attire, try to go easy on it. No matchy matchy camo, radios, vests, etc.

omg, that sounds like a blast. I doubt I will be going back to Boston Paintball anytime soon but the next time we have an mcb day at a speedball field, we need to do that.

This post has been edited by BAGELS: 04 February 2010 - 03:48 PM

THE INVISI-SIG!
I have no sig, because I am cool like that.
I love my phantom, because it is cool like that....schweet

#132 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:18 PM

lol which one? opposite-deadbox was invented by MCB at monster.

The tall hats one was actually inspired by a ref at Canobie, who reffed with a GIANT orange hat, and challenged people to knock it off during final big game. The only problem is that you have to pre-plan

#133 User is offline   BLU 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Pump'n Ego's

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:49 AM

Becc this is some pretty good advise you got here, i might have to try it some time

#134 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:40 AM

So I managed to get a female friend of mine seriously addicted to paintball, and even managed to convince her to come to D-Day with me this year.

However, she needs a vest for this, obviously. So, paintballing girls out there-any recommendations? Vests I should look at or avoid? She doesn't have any real preference in style yet, just needs something that'll hold the usual assortment of pods, tools and a water bladder in comfort.

#135 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:10 PM

View PostMarauder_Pilot, on Mar 26 2010, 09:40 AM, said:

So I managed to get a female friend of mine seriously addicted to paintball, and even managed to convince her to come to D-Day with me this year.

However, she needs a vest for this, obviously. So, paintballing girls out there-any recommendations? Vests I should look at or avoid? She doesn't have any real preference in style yet, just needs something that'll hold the usual assortment of pods, tools and a water bladder in comfort.

Why does she need a vest? Ive always suggested pod packs for girls, and a small camelback that fits above the pod pack (ive got one, im not really sure whats its called). My valken pod pack has a pocket for tools as well.

If she really wants a vest, id say the most important aspect is one that distributes weight to the waist, thats where girls carry their weight. Also, dday is hot, get one with good venting. Keep it light, not much extra add-ons. Remember that her surface area is a lot smaller, and to limit the number of pods so it isnt too wide for her.

Or get a tactical corset :P

This post has been edited by Becc: 29 March 2010 - 03:10 PM

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users