• You cannot reply to this topic

MARAUDER CAMOS! They are nice

#1 User is offline   karate doug 

• You'll shoot your eye out kid
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:KARATEDOUG

Posted 12 June 2005 - 11:24 PM

So i finally got to use my Marauder Digi Camo's today.
They are breathable, comfortable, and fit well, except that my shirt is a little big and it's only a large. I'm 6'1 and 200pounds, a large should have fit perfect, but it's just kinda wide. My pants and headwrap are perfect. Comfy and tough. If anyone has considered buying some of these, You wont be disappointed.
The only thing was that people teased me because i have so much Special-ops stuff. They say i should work for them, You Guys Hiring?
user posted image

ask me about my Outlaw field in Riverside, CA.

#2 User is offline   ShadoAngel 

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:SHADOANGEL

Posted 13 June 2005 - 09:57 PM

People think the same about me! "Administrator on the message boards, wearing fusion everywhere, sticking Special Ops stickers on my assorted paraphernalia [stuff]", etc.

I believe Special Ops sizes everything up nicely. Medium's fitting your average joe, and those XXL fitting those massive backmen, while the smalls and extra smalls fitting some of our younger members or smaller adults. =)

ShadoAngel | My BST Feedback Thread

#3 User is offline   karate doug 

• You'll shoot your eye out kid
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KARATEDOUG

Posted 13 June 2005 - 11:47 PM

Maybe I'm a medium shirt guy in denial. My girlfriend actually has told me that before. Either way they wear well and stand up to slides and snaggs on branches extremely well and stuff. How do the Fusions compare to the marauders?
user posted image

ask me about my Outlaw field in Riverside, CA.

#4 User is offline   Jdaytime 

• The Only Way
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:DayTime

Posted 15 June 2005 - 01:46 PM

I bought some Marauders recently and I like them a lot. The only thing kind of annoying is how HUGE the shirt is. I ordered a medium (the smallest size) and it is big enough to fit my 6'4" 225 lb dad. Other than that the camo is great and very durable, not to mention a very, very low price.
2006 Warped Sportz Dark Ego
2005 Smart Parts Ion w/ Lucky QEV
2004 Angel Speed
2003 Spyder Imagine
Empire Reloader B
PMI 68/4500 HPA

#5 User is offline   Sargent Mckenzy 

• who are u and y are u reading this
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:sargent mckenzy

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:26 AM

karate doug, on Jun 13 2005, 11:47 PM, said:

Maybe I'm a medium shirt guy in denial. My girlfriend actually has told me that before. Either way they wear well and stand up to slides and snaggs on branches extremely well and stuff. How do the Fusions compare to the marauders?

From what i have got from the store and the fourms the muraders are more like BDU's or a thick t-shirt.
While the Fusions are more like Tournment pants and jerseys. (well that is what i got)
"I am so glad I got theses knee pads cause I spend all day on my knees!" My comander Mike before a game.

#6 User is offline   ShadoAngel 

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2005 - 06:19 PM

Marauder is a rip-stop fabric, similar to military BDUs, but a bit more high quality. It has re-inforced knees and elbows and assorted pockets. Fusion is synthetic, very breathable, has mesh lining on the inside of the waist and thighs. Mesh armpits. Instead of reinforcing knees and elbows, there is padded material there.

As stated above, Marauder is like digital cammies. Fusion is digital tourny clothes. I perfer the looks and light weight of Fusion. However, if I didn't run such an insane amount [Ghost Flanker/Lt. Rifleman here], or live in such hot weather [South Texas], I'd probably wind up wearing Marauders.

#7 User is offline   Harry092 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Headshot_Harry

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:03 PM

I want maruaders but the smallest size wont fit me at all.

#8 User is offline   PB Ghost 

• I'm back!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PB_Ghost

Posted 03 July 2005 - 09:12 AM

i have never really liked the look of the digital camouflage, its got a good baise but there isnt enough detail, i think that some of the colors are alittle off too,

no i could ask for spec ops to redo there whole marauder line and all the digi camo products but it appears to be working, so no need to fix somthing not broken, eh
Become a Str8balla (#67)
Member #11 of invisible text club!
MASSIVE GEAR BAG SALE!

#9 User is offline   JESTER 916 

• SO~CAL
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:jester 916

Posted 03 July 2005 - 09:52 AM

Ive had my marauders for about 6 months now, very durable. no rips at all. I agree the shirt is a lil wide though, not so much too long but very wide. its not a big deal for me cause i wear a Flurry vest anyways, just an observation.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

#10 User is offline   SubMiler 

• Pistolero
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2005 - 01:31 PM

They're colors are only off when you look at them up close. Sure the marauder has a light tan to it, but from a distance it does blend in. Trust me on this, they blend in fine. If you're worried about the yellow in the fusion, there is yellow in leaves and it doesn't stand out at a distance. The fusion are alittle bit more subdued in color than the marauder, but they both blend in the same.

If you're still doubting me: Would Special Ops put out a woodsball product if it doesn't make sense?

#11 User is offline   PB Ghost 

• I'm back!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2005 - 05:48 PM

im still alittle sceptical because the blend factor would be too close and you want the detail, if you look at the CADPAT, or MARPAT they have little bits of detail that up close you can see but stop it from blending too soon,

blending makes the figure stand out, i think that there brown needs to be darker and more equal with the green, there green color is fine, but its out of preportion,

so i think, im not expert but i dont think that the marauder is THE best CAMOUFLAGE out there, but if they made mauradur quality with marpat i would buy it
Become a Str8balla (#67)
MASSIVE GEAR BAG SALE!

#12 User is offline   ShadoAngel 

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:11 PM

Wearing Fusion, people ROUTINELY can't see me at 30/40 feet. From far away, I'm invisible. Hope that clears up any "camoflauge effectiveness" issues you have. If you don't want to buy it, that's up to you. But it works great.

#13 User is offline   PB Ghost 

• I'm back!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:39 AM

...then there is always the issue with what enviroment.... oh well im still thinking of getting it, the brigade deals are so awsome its like getting away with murder
Become a Str8balla (#67)
MASSIVE GEAR BAG SALE!

#14 User is offline   ShadoAngel 

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 July 2005 - 09:20 AM

If it helps at all, my own enviroment is tallish yellow grass, about a foot high, with clumps cedar trees. Most of the landscape is is a yellowish/grayish/brown color, with the dark green adding a little variety.

I generally hug the treeline, or am crawling beneath the branches of the cedar [you pretty much half to, because first branches start about 2 feet up. Crouching doesn't help much.

I wouldn't recommend fusion/marauders if you play strictly in a desert or snowy enviroment, it's not going to work. However, if there is any kind of greenery, this stuff should do it's job.

#15 User is offline   Stret 

• The Nativeness
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Stret

Posted 15 July 2005 - 07:56 PM

I love my marauder camo set. Its great for my enviorment, pine trees, tall green grass, its perfict. I dont know if any one else has had this happen to them, but my color is fading away around the knee area. Other than that, its all good.
Native Style

We Think Our Sponsors Are Cool: Tippmann(X7) l Crossfire Tanks l Smokin' Products l Coca Cola: Grand Rapids, MI

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users