Barrels for Sale

^^^A-5, 98c, Autococker, freak, boomstick, flatline^^^

#2 User is offline   AceOfSpades 41 

• "You can't rollerskate in a Buffalo heard"
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:AceOfSpades 41

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:04 PM

I woundered the same thing about the allinement marks. I have the flatline 4 my 98 and had it for about 2 years now and i could never see any alignment marks. Any way, I manually allined it and put marks on it myself.

Someone clarify the marks on it please.
YOU AINT NEVA HAD MY CORNBREAD! LITTLE BIT OF HEAVEN N A LITTLE BIT A HELL YEA!!

#3 User is offline   Fighter24 

• Fighter-A soldier, an unyeilding or determined person
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Fighter24

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:55 PM

On my A-5 flatline I use the screws for the shroud as an alignment mark plus the barrel does not keep turning. You put in the the barrel and turn it a 1/4 clockwise and it stops for me. The screw on the barrel(the one where the gun meets the barrel) should be up. This is for an A-5 flatline.

Here the A-5 Flatline manual...Flatline Manual

This post has been edited by Fighter24: 11 August 2006 - 02:59 PM

"I'll lead you to glory or I'll lead you to hell, but I'll be the first one there."-General George Armstrong Custer
IPB Image

Favre4ever

#4 User is offline   ncbbh88 

• Brigadier General SOL East Coast Division
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Brokenarrow

Posted 11 August 2006 - 03:02 PM

View PostAceOfSpades 41, on Aug 11 2006, 02:04 PM, said:

I woundered the same thing about the allinement marks. I have the flatline 4 my 98 and had it for about 2 years now and i could never see any alignment marks. Any way, I manually allined it and put marks on it myself.

Someone clarify the marks on it please.

on the underside of the actual barrel (or the top) there should be about a 2.5-3 inch line that looks scored into the barrel that is your allignment mark

for the A-5 flatline as long as that screw on the top of the shroud is alligned with the front sight post of the gun then you should be shooting straight.

NC

#5 User is offline   laxhawk 

• AT Commander Midnight Raiders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:LaxHawk

Posted 11 August 2006 - 05:31 PM

yeah, on the 98 you can actually bend that POS shroud if the barrel is out of alignment.

This post has been edited by laxhawk: 11 August 2006 - 05:31 PM

#6 User is offline   tippylife 

• Hi
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:tippylife918

Posted 13 August 2006 - 10:22 AM

Another way to be posotive is to just go out to the woods and shoot it if it curves to the left adjust it to the right Etc.
QUOTE: "Blessed be the one who plays neither woodsball nor speedball but who plays paintball"
If a tree falls in a forest and know when is around to hear it would any one care?
IPB Image
IPB Image

#7 User is offline   Captain Bozo 

• *Slime Trail*
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Captain Bozo

Posted 13 August 2006 - 09:57 PM

Put the flatline in slightly loose, shoot it like you would in a game, if it curves, twist the barrel toward the curve, once it shoots good, tighten it up and test again. Then mark the top of the barrel and your marker in the same spot with a magic marker like where the to halfs of the 98c come together, or just scratch it a little...that way when you clean you marker you can put it back on fast.
<div align="center"><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->The only thing worse than beating a dead horse is betting on one.
<a href="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=15622" target="_blank">The Bozo's feedback</a><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></div>

#8 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2006 - 10:24 PM

View Posttippylife, on Aug 13 2006, 10:22 AM, said:

Another way to be posotive is to just go out to the woods and shoot it if it curves to the left adjust it to the right Etc.

You'll never find the Correct Setting when doing that.

Heres the Low Down on adjusting the 98 Flatline Barrel

1. On the 98 Flatline Barrel, look at the top of the Muzzle Break, there you will see a Notch at the base where the Barrel and Muzzle Break meets together.

2. Use that Notch to make the neccessary adjustments to the Barrel but, before making the adjustments, loosen the Allen Head Screw on the Adapter.

3. Hold the Marker straight Up & Down, do not Tilt the Marker to either side, tilting the Marker will only create Curve Balls when you begin shooting.

4. Shoot the Marker and watch in which direction the balls are going, if the ball curves to the Left, this means that the barrel is tilted to the right, the same happens if the ball curves to the right, the barrel is tilted to the left.

5. This is where you make the Adjustments to the Barrel.....hold the marker and sight it down, take one hand and hold onto the Muzzle Break and turn the Barrel slightly to the Right Side of the Front Sight of the Shroud, the reason why I said to place the Notch to the right Side of the Front Sight is because, the Plastic 98 Flatline Shroud is bent and there is no way of correcting this problem.

6. Again, shoot the marker and again watch carefully inwhich direction the balls are going, if the balls is shooting straight, youve located the spot where the Barrel should be sitting in the Barrel Adapter.

7. Tighten the Allen Head Screw on the Barrel Adapter to secure the Barrel from moving.

8. Chronographing the marker also helps the Accuracy of the Paintball when using a Flatline Barrel, FPS Setting should be between 260 to 280 depending on the weather.

9. Quality Paintballs (small to medium size paintballs) is a must have when using the Flatline Barrels, regardless if its a 98 or an A5.

Side Note: In #3, I mentioned that Tilting the Marker either to the Left or Right will shoot the balls in opposite directions, in some situations when playing in the Woods, Curve Balls are very useful in taking out an opponent who is hiding behind a wall, tree, large rock, etc.

#9 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2006 - 08:20 AM

View Postredleg_64, on Aug 14 2006, 04:43 PM, said:

^^^Bah...I said the same thing in two lines. :P

I read your 2 lines and I gave the specifics...so, Bah to you back :P

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic