Special Ops Paintball: For all new Commanders - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

For all new Commanders A word of advice from a Master Commander Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ghost Outlaw 

• Ghost Outlaw
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Ghost Raptor

Posted 02 January 2007 - 04:17 AM

Commanders How To Act,

Show complete confidence in all your decisions on and off the field, stay strong to the end no matter what as long as the Commander has hope his men and his team have hope, Always keep an open mind anything can change in a flash, have confidence and trust in your men and they will return it, Never panic in tight or hot situation keep a cool mind and think straight and clear ( its up to you to save your guys and get them out of there), If your not willing to do it don’t think your guys will be willing either, Always look for a better way to do something, Change stuff up so all your guys know what to do in certain positions, be a true leader ( that means some times you have to run out first in front of your guys and lead the charge), Show pride in your team, and I would say most of all be a
friend/Brother to your men ( a friend will fight with you, a brother will do anything to help you even die beside you and he will never let you stand alone, he will even take your place and let you get away so he dies but he knows that since his brother/commander got away the team still has a chance).

The Commander position is a very high honor for anyone to have, word of advice never abuse it, remember its not granted its earned through respect and leadership and only with respect will you maintain it.

Ghost
Commander
Canadian Free Militia/ G.C.B.M

This post has been edited by Ghost Outlaw: 02 January 2007 - 04:18 AM

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

You'll never know...for death is silent and quick...and in that way you recieve mercy...

#2 User is offline   Wade 

• InlaidSauce
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Coonie

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:48 AM

Hey thanks man that helped a lot, especially since i just took the reigns for my future team, i was worried but now im not. Great post
If your parents do not buy you your gear, put this in your sig.
IPB Image
IPB Image

#3 User is offline   8-Ball 

• The Original Elite Dagger. Original join date 061004, member #10
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:8 - BALL

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:56 AM

good points, great post! :P

#4 User is offline   Woodsball Soldier 

• Woodsball
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Woodsball Soldier

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:05 PM

Good post!
Maximum size exceeded
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

#5 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:45 PM

The best advice I give to new leaders is this:

"A bad decision is better than NO decision. Hesitation kills."
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#6 User is offline   Ghost Outlaw 

• Ghost Outlaw
  • PipPip

Posted 03 January 2007 - 01:20 AM

If anyone is interested I have more on being a good Commander, that Im more then willing to share.
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

You'll never know...for death is silent and quick...and in that way you recieve mercy...

#7 User is offline   platinum marksman 

• paintballer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:platinum marksman

Posted 03 January 2007 - 06:40 PM

I'm interested in some more info. What you wrote was pretty good, and it was some stuff I haven't read before on the Forum. Keep up the good work!! :P

Lead, and if necessary, use words.

#8 User is offline   Suicidal Lemming 

• Yes, that is a lemming with an AK in my avatar, 2 points to you.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Phoenixblade UK

Posted 05 January 2007 - 05:53 PM

Good post, certainly some good advice there. Thanks for this, definitely the kind of stuff I needed to hear.
IBTL
In Before The Lock

#9 User is offline   Ghost Outlaw 

• Ghost Outlaw
  • PipPip

Posted 08 January 2007 - 04:55 AM

Here is more for those who want it.

Starting from the Basic Thoughts:

Your Team:

-People or teams either think their good or they don’t care.
-A Commander assumes each of his guys trust each other without testing that idea.
-A team assumes everyone gets along because they all want to play the game.
-Some players think they are the best because they have the best gear.
-Some players are temperamental and can be quick to anger.
You need to know who they are.

Other Teams:

-Almost any other team wants to challenge your team. Be prepared for pitched rivalries!
-Some teams will bad-mouth your guys and your team even if you have beaten them.

Commanding/ Command Structure:

-Commander, make sure that when you speak, everyone learns that it means, “Stop talking and listen!”
-Commander, set up a good Command Structure as fast as you can.
Every team has a couple of guys who think they are second in charge for one reason or another. Let them know that you are all equal.

-Commander, watch your guys! Keep an open eye for their individual talents. Each member will be good at something.
-Commander, when picking a 2IC/NCO pick very carefully. Everyone on the team is going to have to respect and listen to that person at some point no questions asked.

-Commander, in your position, you call the shots, make aware to your guys that some times they are going to have to fulfill rolls and positions they don’t like or want to do but it is beneficiary to the whole team to play that roll when ask or told to without complaining or asking, “Why me?”

Commanders must learn that just because someone is family or their best friend that it doesn't mean that person should get any special rank or treatment. They will earn their way like the rest of the team. You wouldn't turn down your best 2IC because a family member or friend wanted the position. Those people know it’s a team and how it works: If you’re good and deserving, you get better position. If your not, then you just get to play. Simple.
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

#10 User is offline   platinum marksman 

• paintballer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:platinum marksman

Posted 08 January 2007 - 12:15 PM

:blink: Good solid advice. I'll keep it in mind with the new team I trying to start. Thanks.

Lead, and if necessary, use words.

#11 Guest_Shamgar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:08 PM

This is a very good post!

#12 User is offline   Fontain 

• I am every where and no where
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Fontain

Posted 13 January 2007 - 03:10 PM

Great post.U no what ur talkin about.

#13 User is offline   Darkwind 

• "Onward to Victory"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Darkwind

Posted 13 January 2007 - 05:51 PM

Great post. All true. Two of my guys ARE my brothers and everyone else sees how we work and play, and fell into the groove. Also lead by example, and never scream at your teammates (bad mistake)

#14 User is offline   Saifoda2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Saifoda

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:48 AM

Nice post Ghost_Outlaw. Everybody else -- pay attention to what this guy says in replies to your questions. :-D
Proud to be sponsored by: REDZ, Warpaint International, VPSByte, Action Acres, Dangerous Power
Leaders Lead from the Front

#15 User is offline   Ghost Outlaw 

• Ghost Outlaw
  • PipPip

Posted 14 January 2007 - 07:04 AM

Attention every one who has read this post.

I have a basic manual on being a good Commander for everyone weither you've been a Commander for years or if your up and coming, It gives you all the basic ideas and a few advanced ideas, its not overly long but its good well tested sound advice I believe every Commander should know.

If anyone is interested in reading all of ( I'l just call it the "Code of Conduct" for now) plz post a yes or no or PM me, Im more then willing to share the info and help all Commaders with everything from training to team tactics, you just have to let me know.

Ghost Outlaw
Team Commander
Canadian Free Militia and the G.C.B.M. aka ( Ghost Cell Black Mercenaries )
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users