• You cannot reply to this topic

a quick question... for all you uber-smart custom guys Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   THE MENACE 

• /\ jewish rambo
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:THE MENACE

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:14 PM

where can i buy a dummy 12g for a drop-out chamber thats air-thru and bored for braided hose? i know scarecrow used to make 'em, but he seems to be on hiatus. anyone have any clue?

-THE MENACE

I'm a gun totin' scripture quotin' truck lovin' war shovin' meat eatin' liberal beatin' CONSERVATIVE!
feedback (+26/-0)---Team Chaotic Paintball is recruiting!!!---Team Chaotic Paintball.com---IMPORTANT INFO

#2 User is offline   Sp.Ed 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:28 PM

is it a standard pipe thread on the end of the braided hose (non swivel) or is it a compression type fitting (swivel)

Here is one and probably has a 1/8 npt hole tapped in the center of it.
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.p...products_id=192
The opinions and statements expressed on this site are mine alone and are not sanctioned or approved by my Employer. I also assume all legal liability for those statements.

#3 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:29 PM

Something like this?
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#4 User is offline   THE MENACE 

• /\ jewish rambo
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:34 PM

jackrock got it right, and i think sped had the right one too. the thing is, palmers is $25, and maxx or whoever makes the other one is $20, but scarecrow offered me $14 shipped :\ thanks though, guys! i need two of the single tapped ones, but im not about to pay $40 + s.h. with how tight things are around here. oh well, hey, if anyone has a link to something cheaper, send it my way! thanks, and thanks jackrock and sped!

-THE MENACE

I'm a gun totin' scripture quotin' truck lovin' war shovin' meat eatin' liberal beatin' CONSERVATIVE!
feedback (+26/-0)---Team Chaotic Paintball is recruiting!!!---Team Chaotic Paintball.com---IMPORTANT INFO

#5 User is offline   Sp.Ed 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:37 PM

Ill keep my eyes open I lurk the rest of the internet almost as much as specops forums
The opinions and statements expressed on this site are mine alone and are not sanctioned or approved by my Employer. I also assume all legal liability for those statements.

#6 User is offline   THE MENACE 

• /\ jewish rambo
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:38 PM

aight, man, thanks =)

-THE MENACE

#7 User is offline   buffaloclone 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:40 PM

would it be safe to just drill/tap a used 12g and just screw some fittings in with teflon tape?

#8 User is offline   THE MENACE 

• /\ jewish rambo
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:45 PM

nah, a regular 12g isnt rated for the pressure of a bulk c02 tank, i already tried down that road. see, i have two usp pistols and i want to run bulk air on both, so i need a dummy like the one noxx55 customs has, but that price isnt all that tempting.

-THE MENACE

#9 User is offline   Goldenhand 

• SpecOps GFXT #4
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Goldenhand

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:52 PM

I saw a few on ebay cheap, you should check there.

Fox urine nothing! I would rent an elephant from the local circus and give it a massive dose of ex-lax. I would then proceed to "cork it" with an attached string so when the kids show up KABLOOEE!!!!!! See if their parents can sue an elephant for defacating! -ZZaque

#10 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:58 PM

View Postbuffaloclone, on Apr 26 2008, 07:40 PM, said:

would it be safe to just drill/tap a used 12g and just screw some fittings in with teflon tape?

there isn't nearly thick enough metal in a 12 gram for you to drill and tap it. It is so thin, that if you mounted something there i would be worried about the piece snapping right out if it gets bumped. Not safe at all.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#11 User is offline   xkpxfattyxx 

• Say WHAT?!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:35 AM

There's a plan out there to make one with pieces from a hardware store for around $5ish. Very safe (I've seen people use this for a while) so nothing to worry about there. You should look for it.

#12 User is offline   THE MENACE 

• /\ jewish rambo
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:21 PM

anyone know where i can find this page he's talkin about? if i knew more about it, i could probably figure it out myself. thanks for the tip, man

-THE MENACE

#13 User is offline   Goldenhand 

• SpecOps GFXT #4
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Goldenhand

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:25 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dummy-Fake-CO2-12-Gram...1QQcmdZViewItem

Fox urine nothing! I would rent an elephant from the local circus and give it a massive dose of ex-lax. I would then proceed to "cork it" with an attached string so when the kids show up KABLOOEE!!!!!! See if their parents can sue an elephant for defacating! -ZZaque

#14 User is offline   aqua_scummm 

• one half of the wonder that is legaqua
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:aqua_scummm

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:40 PM

View PostTHE MENACE, on Apr 26 2008, 04:45 PM, said:

nah, a regular 12g isnt rated for the pressure of a bulk c02 tank, i already tried down that road. see, i have two usp pistols and i want to run bulk air on both, so i need a dummy like the one noxx55 customs has, but that price isnt all that tempting.

-THE MENACE

It's rated to the same pressure, it just doesn't have any meat on it

#15 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:23 PM

I have two versions of the Dummy 12g's for my T68 pistol...one with just the NPT Nipple for a Remote Line and the other with the Steel Braided Hose w/ASA....they werent cheap, but they work.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users