• You cannot reply to this topic

amazing bounces Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   evilkid98 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:evilkid98

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:00 PM

so yesterday was my first day playing paintball with my new Dye i4s, and in the first game someone shot me right directly in the lens. but to my surprise it did not break, but deflected off! this same thing also happened once more in the game. and i was wondering has any one else had this happen? because this is the first time ive ever seen a bounce off the lens.
stock class player

#2 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:27 PM

Once my position was about to be overrun so I fell back to a friend's position.

As I fled, I got hit 6 times in the back. All of the shots bounced.

I've had a couple bounces off my mask, but never my lens. In fact I got gogged on the last two outings to my local field.

This post has been edited by MaDuce: 04 April 2010 - 04:28 PM

"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#3 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:19 PM

Was it cheap paint maybe? IE: Monsterballs? Monsterballs didn't break when I shot rocks. I could see it happening with cheap paint maybe.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#4 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:51 PM

sounds like cheap paint to me...I mean I know at least high quality paint should definetly have broken unless hit from a crazy angle.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#5 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:44 AM

Could be a velocity problem - for example, I bought my 98C used and it came with a Flatline that didn't seal into the adaptor properly after a couple outings...I couldn't shoot straight at all (I mean like 90 degree curves in all directions) and I couldn't even get the few shots that hit people from like 15 feet to break.

#6 User is offline   evilkid98 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:evilkid98

Posted 05 April 2010 - 01:03 PM

View Postcdrinkh20, on Apr 5 2010, 04:44 AM, said:

Could be a velocity problem - for example, I bought my 98C used and it came with a Flatline that didn't seal into the adaptor properly after a couple outings...I couldn't shoot straight at all (I mean like 90 degree curves in all directions) and I couldn't even get the few shots that hit people from like 15 feet to break.

i know for a fact that no one was using monster balls(it is a small field i would have noticed) but it may be because some people were still using winter paint. and it was kind of warm out that day.
stock class player

#7 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2010 - 01:47 PM

Well, the winterpaint on a warm day is likely why. Winter grade shell is thicker doesn't break very well during warm weather. Still, a direct shot on a hard surface like a lens should cause it to break... unless at a pretty good distance.

I have only had one "bounce" off my lens & it was more like a deflection, not a direct shot. Otherwise, my Profiler lens gets a break on it an average of once every time I play.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#8 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:58 PM

View Postger, on Apr 5 2010, 01:47 PM, said:

Well, the winterpaint on a warm day is likely why. Winter grade shell is thicker doesn't break very well during warm weather. Still, a direct shot on a hard surface like a lens should cause it to break... unless at a pretty good distance.

I have only had one "bounce" off my lens & it was more like a deflection, not a direct shot. Otherwise, my Profiler lens gets a break on it an average of once every time I play.

Yup, that'd do it.

LOL, yeah, the Profiler's lens is a bit of a paint magnet, it's huge which is wonderful, but you got to learn to keep your head down.
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users