New to Special Ops Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Cross-Aim 

• Cross-Aim
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:GT Condor

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:01 PM

Hey Special Ops,
Loving the site. I am new player to paintball in general and I about to start playing woodsball/scenario. This sport/game looks bada** and I cant wait. I havent even played one game (woodsball/scenario that is) and I'm already stoked and looking at stuff that I want to get.
I already have the marker (Tippmann Carver One) with hopper and HPA tank (Pure Energy). Just got a three point sling to take some weight off. I got the mask as well. VForce Profiler since this was the best one that fit over my glasses. Pretty much I have the basics but I am ready to hit woods with what I got and begin my scenario/woodsball life.

Any advice would be greatly appreciative.

Snakeyes80
North Texas area

This post has been edited by snakeyes80: 11 October 2010 - 10:01 PM

#2 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:12 PM

Drink lots of water!

woodsball/scenario players tend to be out on the field longer then speedball/tournament players and last thing you want is to get dehydrated when your half a mile or so away from your bottle of water in staging.

also try and hook up with some more experienced players at the field, best lessons that you can learn is from your own mistakes, and if you tag along with the right person they will tell you what you should try/do different as opposed to just calling you a newb and walking away... but dont take that personal if it does happen.. your bound to run into someone that will take you under their wing.

Good luck and welcome to the forums!

This post has been edited by Thumper113: 11 October 2010 - 11:13 PM

Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#3 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:51 AM

Welcome to the forums! I'm glad you found us & hope you enjoy your time here.

You've made some pretty decent starter choices for gear, so I can't say you need anything else in that regards. I will say, play w/ that setup at least a couple of times before you drop a ton of cash on changes, upgrades or add-ons. Get to know what you like & don't like about what you have then make changes.

As Thump noted, finding experienced players is a great idea. Even if you can't play along side them the whole time, at least try to observe the way they act & react to certain situations on the field. Ask questions about their gear & why it works for them - most guys don't mind showing off their kit.

Don't take things too seriously, we are out there playing a glorified game of tag. Too many folks get so amped up because they look like their favorite GI Joe character & want to just win everything. Just have some fun & be a sponge.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#4 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:22 AM

Remember to bring your tools and a copy of the owner manuals with you when you go out. The better you learn your equipment the more fun you have.

#5 User is offline   IIIce 

• Stay.Frosty.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:IIIce

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:23 AM

Welcome to the forums amigo! You have definitely picked the right community. SO is it for woodsball! As was mentioned great choices for starter gear. My friendly advice; I also own profilers and have played in glasses. The profilers are excellent and the lens shouldn't fog for a while. However after long periods of playing, heavy breathing and or heat, my GLASSES fogged. It was really frustrating, I recommend contacts. =)

#6 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:30 AM

Contacts or a small fan. They do make fans for paitnball masks, But I have also seen our local players pick up a small compter fan, a resistor type switch to control the speed and a battery harness. They find places to hide all the parts and they never have a glasses fogging problem again. Cost is generally in $10 range for a home built fan and upto $40 for aftermarket prebuilt paintball units.
The trick is to only use the fan when you really need it. The mask being firmly attached to your head amplifies the vibration and sound from the fan so that is all you hear when it is being used.

Hope to hear how your first outing goes.

#7 Guest_MOATI_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:23 AM

Welcome to our forum and to the woodsball scene! Feel free to look around, ask questions, and take part in the discussions here. We have some awesome players here and they're very willing to help out in any way.

#8 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:49 PM

for tips i highly HIGHLY reccomend webdogradio.com either find it on youtube, or find the webdog section on this forum. the guy who runs it is Tyger . i reccomend watching his tip clips archives and soaking it up. also, look at the "funniest thing a noob has said to you" topics to get an idea of what makes paintballers laugh. it will be a good guide of what not to say around paintballers.

other than that, have fun with the game, enjoy it as much as you can, and remember that in addition to feeding your marker paint and air, to drink plenty of water and eat hearty food before, during, and after play. your body will be angry with you if you dont.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#9 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:58 PM

Welcome to our little section of the paintball forums on the internet, hope you like it here.

#10 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:15 PM

In other words...welcome home :)

#11 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:52 PM

I tell ya what....SO is a great place to be. As for advice...Play. Enjoy the game. Don't worry about winning. Don't fret over losing. Everybody does it. Everybody sucks sometimes. If you can play and have fun whether you win or lose, you always win. Winning is nice, but even losing a game you love to play is fun.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#12 User is offline   GUNFU 

• EL Gunfu
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:I_KNW_GUNFU

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:31 PM

Welcome,

I think everyone said it we will be happy to awnser your questions. I'm not new to paintball but I'm getting more into woodsball and slowly walking away from speedball and letting the younger crowd take the reigns on that one. Use your first games to figure out your equipment learn about what you need and don't need. I've seen players bring too much stuff on the field or too little and not enjoy them selves it's a balance you need to learn. One mans gear setup may look cool but not suit you. So try different types till your comfortable. Oh and get good foot wear! Nothing sucks more than busting and ankle or knee because of bad foot gear. I use football cleats but some prefer boots it's all up to your style of play.

But have fun and good luck!
If you see my shadow it's already too late.

#13 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:13 PM

Welcome :)

Damn, no rep points for me - not much to add!
Definitely agree with not upgrading right away - once you get a feel for your gear, it will feel natural when you bring it up to snap off that perfect shot and gog* someone!

*You shoot them in the mask (goggles) :P

#14 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:10 AM

New Guy! :tup:

welcome, dont drink the water here!
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Cross-Aim 

• Cross-Aim
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GT Condor

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:45 AM

Approximately 6 more days til my first time in the woods. Cant wait. Supposed to rain, 30% the night before. Dont care Im still going if my other peeps dont go.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users