• You cannot reply to this topic

Do you Outlaw? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Spades 

• forum pizzimp
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:sgt. spades

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:19 PM

i only used to play outlaw, then i went to an opening day with 200 people and love playing at actual fields... I'll rarely play outlaw now...
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   Iron Eagle 

• Emotionally Exhausted & Morally Bankrupt
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Angry Badger

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:54 PM

I very rarely play on an official woodsball field due to the severe lack of fields. The people I play with are very knowledgeable and will not do anything to harm others.
Ambassador of intelligence, deliverer of logic, mirror to the obvious

#18 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:09 PM

Not anymore. Last time we did, some stupid hippies (literally) came out from their house and into the middle of the game (middle of a firefight...) to ask us to stop shooting the trees.
Mind you, we were on Private Property (friends rather large backyard). When they almost got shot and we told them to TINKLE off, they called the cops on us and used the key words 'Terrorist training' and 'shooting at people'.

I didn't know our town had a S.W.A.T. team until that day.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#19 User is offline   captn ron 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:37 PM

Been playing OUTLAW paintball since the late '80s. We have a couple of locations that we have USFS "aokay" to use. We run our own style of woodsball games and situations, use chronos, saftey rules, ref ourselfs and try to get as many photos as possible, sometimes bring the grill. All day affair during summer months. Some of us went as far as doing Senarios and Pump Tourneys when the weather here in the mountians goes bad during winter months. Gets expensive though. Nothing like relaxing in "your own back yard" so to speak.

Posted Image

Later... check out tahoe-paintball.net

#20 User is offline   Agnoeo 

• The lunatics are in my head
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:28 AM

View PostPirate, on Mar 27 2009, 07:09 PM, said:

Not anymore. Last time we did, some stupid hippies (literally) came out from their house and into the middle of the game (middle of a firefight...) to ask us to stop shooting the trees.
Mind you, we were on Private Property (friends rather large backyard). When they almost got shot and we told them to TINKLE off, they called the cops on us and used the key words 'Terrorist training' and 'shooting at people'.

ROFL You got to be joking! That is awesome. I'd figure the hippies got a talking to when the police found out there were just some people out playing paintball on a privatly owned field. Freakin Hippies. Should have told them your just fertalizing the trees and grass with fish oil. :blink:
III - One Ball, One Shot, One Kill South East Brigade Patches Coming Soon! Special Ops Pump Crew
So if a pilot scratches his multi million dollar F22, does that raise his auto insurance rates?? -Legato

#21 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:26 AM

I haven't outlawed since 2006. I would love to go out and do it again. It's the basics of paintball. Seems to be more sportmanship and less "agg" factors.

#22 User is offline   Fenrisulfr 

• They call me "Opsy."
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsGhost

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:46 AM

View PostPirate, on Mar 27 2009, 08:09 PM, said:

Want to go more in depth with this story? o.O As well as give us an idea of how that conversation with SWAT went?

This post has been edited by Fenrisulfr: 02 April 2009 - 06:46 AM

BOG, that was the most annoying thing I have ever had to endure, and I once watched a whole Teletubbies episode. - Hobo
I don't have MAJOR problems. I have minor annoyances that YOU consider major problems.
WARNING: Extreme sarcasm ahead.

#23 User is offline   Dusty Dee 

• aka DIRT
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:DustyDee

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:36 AM

Yup

I outlaw because we can go to areas that haven't been painted all to crap, trampled down, and over used by a commercial paintball field. We are all a bunch of farmers and ranchers so between us and our relates, we have more land to play on than we could ever cover in an entire year. There are a few "fields" that have become favorites, but we like to try different places each time. This helps keep the land abuse to a minimum.

We have a core group of guys and girls that play together frequently and we trust and respect each other. We know that the rules will be followed.
Dirt
That's pronounced Dirte

98 Custom
J&J Ceramic 14" barrel
collapsible stock

#24 User is offline   windwalker 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:windwalker

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:39 AM

Yes and no. We play quite often on private lands, as there are no Commercial fields within a couple hours drive of here. BUT, its invitation only, thereby eliminating any non-safety concious players. We chrono, review safety rules, we fill our own tanks in both HPA and Co2 and we even sale paint. I even routinely work on peoples markers before and during the games and bring loaners to the newer players(markers, masks, gear, etc).... so is it outlaw? No, not really, but its not commercial either.
If you have a good base of players who play with honor and integrity it can make for some very cool and cost effective games allowing you to play more often.
Windwalker

MilSim Empire
Death is light as a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain.

#25 User is offline   Texas Trigger 

• Nothin' but the rain...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:48 PM

When I can. I'll hopefully do some this weekend.
I'm here, Benjie, I'm here, I said, clasping his hand on my arm.
Help me Rootie, my legs won't move.
Aw Benjie, it'll be okay Benj, I'll give you mine

USAFA '12.

#26 User is offline   Woods Bandit 

• Paintballer
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Woods Bandit

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:02 PM

I live in an area that seems to have a new commercial field cropping up every month, but I've never played a one. I've got my own outlaw field and play almost everyweekend with my friends. I do plan to check out a few of the new feilds but it's so much cheaper and funner to just play your way with who you want. We've never had cheaters and you can play whatever you want and invite whoever you want. I even rent out my extra markers. So I must say I'll always prefer outlaw for i think it's just a greater friendlier experience.

#27 User is offline   chinstrap 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kl0wn

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:54 AM

View Postslinkyaroo, on Apr 2 2009, 09:26 AM, said:

It's the basics of paintball. Seems to be more sportmanship and less "agg" factors.

Exactly.

I pretty much just play "outlaw" now.
People around my area who only play for fun generally don't go to fields. It seems as though they feel that fields have nothing to offer them over just playing on their own private land, and I'm starting to see why.
So far we've had two days where 14-15 people showed up to play and haven't had a need for refs. Plus, among everyone that's showed up, there have been multiple chronographs and fill stations for both CO2 and HPA ('cuz I brought my own scuba tank).

Funny thing is, I get busted on for wearing paintball pants and a jersey (camo, no less) instead of surplus BDUs or hunting camo; is there such a thing as "outlaw agg"?
Posted Image

#28 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:46 AM

View PostFenrisulfr, on Apr 2 2009, 02:46 PM, said:

View PostPirate, on Mar 27 2009, 08:09 PM, said:

Want to go more in depth with this story? o.O As well as give us an idea of how that conversation with SWAT went?

These are the scary parts of the use of non-dedicated fields.

As an absolute minimum there should be signs put up to prevent people accidentaly arriving in a game. I have concerns that they were able to come out of their home into a firefight, and that they were almost shot.

I think a lot of us would like you to elaborate on the area and the details of the circumstances.

#29 User is offline   ncoco252 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:15 PM

I mostly play Renegade. Me and my friends play near the outdoor shooting range (we're safe around it, nothing bad's ever happened). We stay away from the actual range, but we can hear the shots going off and it adds a little more fun to the games, haha. It's one of the best places I've ever played at.

This post has been edited by ncoco252: 03 April 2009 - 12:17 PM

#30 User is offline   MedicOni 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:37 PM

View Postmr. thunderclese, on Mar 27 2009, 10:17 AM, said:

Everyone plays outlaw here. We manage to get groups of 40+ playing outlaw. IDK NM sounds a lot different from where most of you guys play @. Outlaw is pretty much the only option for woods ball here though. There is a actual legit field that lets you shoot your own paint and is not expensive @ all. The only problem is its in the mtns and closes for the winter.

I think I need to find some outlaw sites in NM...

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users