• You cannot reply to this topic

V-Force Profiler Fogging Recent issue. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Phoenixdive 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Phoenixdive

Posted 13 September 2009 - 05:15 PM

Hey, up until recently I had been using my profiler extensively, every game day it performed flawlessly, while my teammates and opponents cursed due to fogging, my profiler remained cristal clear.

I've had it for quite a while now, and I just came back from playing where out of nowhere, it began fogging. I've always been rather careful cleaning my lenses (got the smoke colored one), so perhaps the anti-fog treatment wore away after the year and a half I've owned it. However I am a little worried that it might have been because the last time I cleaned it, it was with warm water.

What do you think of this? Is it time to buy a new profiler lens? And also, are all profiler lenses out there (yellow, mirror blue or silver, for instance) as incredibly amazing as mine was all this time?... until now?

#2 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 September 2009 - 05:39 PM

You're most likely right, it's the anti-fog wearing off. I replace mine every year because of that. It shouldn't have anything to do w/ the warm water, it's just a matter of time before the treatment breaks down. I've owned 2 clear & one amber, all the same great performance until that coating wears off.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#3 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:38 PM

What ger said.

I had a Profiler that was flawless, until a Big Game. Fogged like crazy because it was raining. New lens did the trick.

#4 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:54 PM

My profilers fog up when the foam gets wet like no one's business -- typically that's because I'm sweating like a fiend, but rain does it too. Anyway if you're going out again soon, I'd give the lens another chance to perform well -- unless you can afford a new lens, in which case you'll need it sooner or later anyway.
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#5 User is offline   Phoenixdive 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:04 PM

View PostMurderDeathKill, on Sep 13 2009, 10:54 PM, said:

My profilers fog up when the foam gets wet like no one's business -- typically that's because I'm sweating like a fiend, but rain does it too. Anyway if you're going out again soon, I'd give the lens another chance to perform well -- unless you can afford a new lens, in which case you'll need it sooner or later anyway.

Thank you all for your prompt responses.
Murder, I went to play in a forest, it had rained before... I'd say two to three hours prior to my arrival, weather was VERY humid, so I'll give my veteran lenses another chance.
I will need another lenses eventually, but for now... I just bought a fusion jersey and pants from a local retailer, so I do not have a lot of spare cash.

I could swear I read something that you could re-spray the fog coating into your lenses with a solution that vforce sold, am I correct or should I pay more attention to what I read?

#6 User is offline   Phoenixdive 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:08 PM

View Postger, on Sep 13 2009, 07:39 PM, said:

You're most likely right, it's the anti-fog wearing off. I replace mine every year because of that. It shouldn't have anything to do w/ the warm water, it's just a matter of time before the treatment breaks down. I've owned 2 clear & one amber, all the same great performance until that coating wears off.

Yep, all a little sad, these things perform so greatly it is a little sad when they finally stop doing it. Hey, have you had any experiences with the mirror coated ones? Could you recommend them?

#7 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:25 PM

Friend of mine uses the gold-mirror lens. Won't use anything else, no matter how often I point out that he's shiny in the middle of a forest.... So, shiny-ness aside, I believe they work just fine.
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#8 User is offline   Phoenixdive 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:18 PM

View PostMurderDeathKill, on Sep 13 2009, 11:25 PM, said:

Friend of mine uses the gold-mirror lens. Won't use anything else, no matter how often I point out that he's shiny in the middle of a forest.... So, shiny-ness aside, I believe they work just fine.

Well, shiny-ness could be an issue. They do look awesome though.

#9 User is offline   cjottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:58 AM

You can get tiny containers of anti-fog paste at most paintball stores these days.

Attached File  Anti_fog.JPG (18.38K)
Number of downloads: 1

Coincidentally, many are double-labeled: they're also sold as "scratch-doctor" paste for CD's and DVD's! I have no idea what the stuff contains but some people swear by it.

It's likely V-Force puts a coating of something similar on their lenses, at the factory. You're just replacing what's worn off.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users