• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to order a sniper ntk Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sniper Hunter19 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 December 2007 - 06:32 PM

Hey i need to know exactly what to tell your sniper to get into the exact position u want so ill go off your info

So all u commanders out there what exactly do u tell your snipers to do

#2 User is offline   J.W.Pepper 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 24 December 2007 - 08:46 AM

It depends on what your objectives are. Do you want him to take out the other commander? Flank? Hold a certain postition? Set up an Ambush? It really depends on what task he is performing.
South Eastern Pennsylvannia Paintball Community www.sepapaintball.com
T-E-A-M R-A-G-N-A-R-O-K WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS...
www.teamragnarok.com
SPONSORS:
http://www.WDP.tv| http://www.JtSports.com| http://www.FogTech.com| http://www.Jassepaintball.com| http://www.HooahBar.com| http://www.HoffmanPaintball.com| http://www.StrategyPlus.com

#3 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 24 December 2007 - 08:51 AM

What he said^

#4 User is offline   Sniper Hunter19 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 December 2007 - 08:59 AM

lets say its a scenario and the other general is in a building issuing commands how would u know where to place the sniper or where u want to dispatch him

#5 User is offline   SNIPADUDE99 

• Stealin a pcinic baskets
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SNIPADUDE99

Posted 24 December 2007 - 06:18 PM

Give him the locations of the building/s that he may be in, and let him use is skills to come up with the best shooting location and retreat paths. He's the sniper, he's had more experince with this stuff than you. Trust your teamates. There smart too.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

#6 User is offline   Sniper Hunter19 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 December 2007 - 06:21 PM

yea and because he knows more i need to know what to tell him so hell understand

#7 User is offline   prophet_subgenius 

• Colonel, Team Slack Attack
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:prophet_subgenius

Posted 24 December 2007 - 08:32 PM

Tell him who, where and any info you have as to terrain and enemy troop concentrations movements and other objectives nearby that may cause complications to him. The sniper is the most impostant member of your team to NOT micromanage.
Paintball is a game. Win or lose you still need to wash your camo. Winners just use less soap.

#8 User is offline   MaxG 

• Captain of Maxg and the legends of hudson valey
  • Pip

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:40 AM

If you are looking to se up a sniper o take not be an ambush sniper or a flanker just too stay in one spot
1) you should get the way the other teams players are going
2) put him in a spot in deep cover so he is never found if he isnt a mobile sniper
3) make sure that the sniper has good camo to camoflauge into the terrain he is in
4) also make him fully aware of he situation like nearby objectives if it is a scenario game
My opinion on the matter is a few snipers who aren't mobile is a decent idea but snipers are most deadly when they move around quietly and are never found by the other team but the team just have suspicions of where he could be. and the best thing to do is if the snipers are flankers have them in a team of 2 snipers or maybe a sniper and a sabre just incase they do get found and they have to make a fighting retreat
hoped that helped if you have any questions just PM me
Max
Check it out at
Freewebs.com/maxgandthelegendsofhudsonvalley
email Maxglegends@yahoo.com
Its max.

#9 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 28 December 2007 - 06:17 PM

A lot of times Snipers work better with less restrictions. Give them an area to supervise and let them report back to you. Their a one man army that can be the eyes of an entire flank. If he reports that all is clear, let him move up and repeat the process. That frees up the rest of the team to have an advantage in whatever other parts of the field you want them to pursue. Let their information help you judge how to allocate the remainder of the team.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#10 User is offline   Spike21 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SPIKE21

Posted 28 December 2007 - 06:46 PM

View PostSniper Hunter19, on Dec 24 2007, 08:59 AM, said:

lets say its a scenario and the other general is in a building issuing commands how would u know where to place the sniper or where u want to dispatch him

I am not a commander but he should know where the best spot is. My commander usually makes me assassinate ambassadors and such. He just tells me what needs to be done and some times where to go. Basically give him or her detailed commands of what to do not how to do it.

#11 User is offline   gameystar333 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PYROPAINTBALLER

Posted 28 December 2007 - 06:48 PM

swing out side and flank either side

or the sniper special if i am under preasure
guy "How come you guys didn't arm the bomb"
aimforthetrash "because we all died"
my crowning forum achhivement
Feedback here soon.
I support Mike and TechPb. Put this in your sig if you do too.

#12 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2007 - 05:42 PM

View PostSniper Hunter19, on Dec 23 2007, 07:32 PM, said:

Hey i need to know exactly what to tell your sniper to get into the exact position u want so ill go off your info

So all u commanders out there what exactly do u tell your snipers to do

I'll just quote one wise general...

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." -General George Patton

In short, just tell him what you want done and let him deal with how to do it.

This post has been edited by Thalion: 30 December 2007 - 05:43 PM

Member of Team Akkadian

#13 User is offline   magnadoid 

• Shot God
  • PipPip

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:45 AM

I am a commander and sniper so I know better then anyone else and I will tell you this. Snipers need to be able to read the enviroment, if they can not then they do not need to be a sniper. You just need to give them a clear objective and let them do their thing, just like in the real military. What I mean is tell them to defend this position or take that position and let them determine what to do.

This post has been edited by magnadoid: 01 January 2008 - 04:45 AM

You will never see it coming!

if you've ever gotten shot in the crotch, put this in your sig!
blkob on rap4 forums

#14 User is offline   DZ Unit-1 

• Cacophony Pony
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DZ Unit-1

Posted 01 January 2008 - 05:40 AM

i've worked all around/with snipers in various scenarios, half the times as their spotter
generally, when a sniper first arrives at a field, they'll take in the full view and point out certain aspects to the terrain that will provide it's uses and thus assimilate whatever advantage into his/her own, by first, learning, and studying the field, they'll make the proper adjustments to their camoflauge, and will most likely take paths that many others deem unessessary, but are vital to overseer the important trails and positions of his opponents
being his commander, it is nessessary for you to learn all these attributes of your fellow sniper, becoming like one, and thinking like one
learn and study the field, inquire better understanding of valued positions and trails the opponents will utilize,
imply stradegies you would use and expect them to do very much the same, if not, assume the worse, and be prepared
Posted Image
"and DZ, I love that pic so much. If you were a girl, and not just a dude who looked like a girl, I would kiss you." mrwaterbuffalo, 1:17 AM "DZ, what are you?" -SnV- "He are legend." -Veritech Squad-

#15 User is offline   Saifoda2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Saifoda

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:53 PM

This one looks like fun :(.

I have plenty to say but not much time so here goes:

As a Commander (in paintball or "the real deal") you have to understand that those under you are, #1 very capable of thinking and acting for themselves if you give them the proper tools and training to perform a job and #2 hate to be told how to do something if they've already been trained in it. So you have to understand the capabilities and limitations of both your sniper and the enemy (especially the general and what his style of play/command are). Almost everything about paintball is common sense. Yes, common sense. Don't try thinking outside the box, just don't think that there's any box at all (if you get what I mean).

If I were you and I had a well trained sniper, I'd tell him what his job is (eliminate the enemy general), pertininent information regarding that job (name, "profile", MO, probable location, radio freq's, any other intel), and a time frame (if there is one and there should be -- not too restricting if possible -- you don't want to make his task so difficult he can't accomplish it). If the sniper is not well trained, then use this as a training opportunity. The best thing about paintball games is that even though there may be bragging rights, sponsorships and money involved in who wins and loses, there is never the loss of life (short of some unforseen and unfortunate accident) such as there is in war, so every game is also a training opportunity. Find what the most probable and effective lesson your "sniper in training" would be from this mission (if accomplished successfully or a failure) and make sure he's thinking about that while doing whatever it is he needs to do.

That's about all I can say about this for now.
Proud to be sponsored by: REDZ, Warpaint International, VPSByte, Action Acres, Dangerous Power
Leaders Lead from the Front

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users