Special Ops Paintball: Played PaintBall in an Underground Mine - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Played PaintBall in an Underground Mine Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• Accuracy through Volume of Fire!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Shadowjackal

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:04 PM

This past Saturday I had the opportunity to play paintball in an old underground mine. This was not a coal mine; in the past they mined white gravel (silica) here. there were four long tunnels connected by side tunnels. These mines are big enough to drive a dual-wheeled truck into with room to spare! There are no lights in the mines so you had to bring a flashlight (or several). I was thinking that the experience would not be all that fun, but it turned out to be incredible! Our hosts (we were not trespassing)purchased the mine to use for different types of youth outreach and invited our team (The Urban Guard) down to play. They provided lunch and a safe playing "field". They are interested in having other players come to play in the mines, however, they run their games as a Christian Youth Outreach, so they do not tolerate bad language or attitudes. If you are interested in attending one of their future games, contact me and I will get you the details as they are available. The mines are huge and safe (they have been inspected)and provide one of the most unique and fun experiences I have ever had.
Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the ONE in whom I take refuge!

Automags: Because only the best will do!

#2 User is offline   Jones 

• Isaiah 6:8
  • PipPip

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:37 PM

That sounds great. I too have played in an old mine. Unfortunately my experience does not sound as cool as yours. It was all lighted and just had a series of speedball fields set up inside of it. It kinda took the fun out of the idea of playing in a mine.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   archanglmikel 

• He is like fire and ice and rage....
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:archanglmikel

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:44 PM

As long as safety is up to standards this sounds like a great idea!

southeast brigade patches coming soon! Archanglmikel's feedback
Avatar made by my wife...please ask before you take...or she'll be forced to use her Freeze Ray.

#4 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• PipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:02 AM

Safety was definitely up to standards. They had three Refs for about 25 players, a screened off safe zone, enforced barrel covers and chrono'ed all the guns. They kept the feet per second at or below 280. You had to watch your step as the floor was uneven in places. There were trip hazards, but no more than a normal field. There was no chance of wandering off and getting lost as the boundaries were clearly marked. These folks run a good game in an awesome setting. The Urban Guard cannot wait to go back. With any luck the owners will let our group put on a scenario in here... Starship Troopers anyone?
Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the ONE in whom I take refuge!

#5 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• PipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:28 AM

Here are a few pictures. I forgot to charge my camera battery, so these were taken with a phone. Attached File  White Gravel PB1.jpg (29.72K)
Number of downloads: 15
Attached File  White Gravel2.jpg (25.12K)
Number of downloads: 18
Attached File  White Gravel3.jpg (26.56K)
Number of downloads: 13

#6 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:42 AM

That could be very interesting... keep me informed. I'll see if any of the events line up w/ my schedule this year.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#7 User is offline   shalehillslayer 

• the shale hill slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:shalehillslayer

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:07 PM

im in next time you guys play jack, i forgot about this game and got stuck workin
hockingpaintball.blogspot.com

#8 User is offline   scoobshagg 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 December 2010 - 01:30 PM

Here are my thoughts about the Mine Game that I attended with Shadowjackal down in Minford, Ohio:

I must admit at first I was very apprehensive about this game, I had hear very little about the Mines them selves, and I couldn't find any information about the people running the game. I did many searches online looking for info about the Mines, and paintball I figured that if people in Ohio were playing paintball in a mine someone would post something about it some where. Well they didn't there is little or no information about this place, because the people who own the place are just getting things kicked off down there.

After some reassurances from fellow players (Jack Davis, & Tim Slone of the Urban Guard) I decided to go along for the game. When we arrived at the mine we were warmly greeted and immediately shown around. The entrance to the mine was well marked and it was huge one could easily drive a large pick up truck in the mines. As soon as we walked into the entrance there was warm air ready to greet us my glasses fogged up in the 55 degree mine. The staging are had plenty of tables for people to set there things down, lights illuminated the stage area, there was also refreshments for sale. We received a tour of the mine which was very impressive, I were shown all of the places that we were going to be playing in all of the side tunnels, by the time we had finished the tour I felt very confident that I could effectively and safely play in the mine. I knew where the exits were and I knew were the staging area was in relation to the rest of the mine. By the time the tour was done I was really existed to get to play some paintball. The place is just amazing.

Playing in the mine was unreal, it is a completely different experience compared to playing at a place like Splatter Park, Battlezone, Battlefront, or even Hellsurvivors. I have played at all of these places and each are good field in there own ways but they have nothing on this mine. The game play was safe everyone chronoed, everyone understood the rules, it had everything one would expect during a typical paintball game. One of the differences that I noticed about playing in the mine was that while my eye sight wasn't what it normally is my other senses kicked in, yes I had a flashlight on the end of my marker but my other senses were very acute. Because of this some of the hits I took seemed a bit more painful then normal but I think it had to due with the somewhat close quarters of the mine and again my senses being heighten. At no time was I ever over shot and I never once heard anyone complaining of being overshot, I accredit this to the players, and to the guys running the game they did an excellent, excellent job.

If you have been playing paintball for a long time and are looking for something new then let me suggest investing your time to head down to this mine and play some paintball with these guys it was truly a great experience. I can't wait to go back down there and play, I would gladly make the drive down there again, this site hold so much potential that I am really excited to see what they are going to do with this place. The future plans that these two fine gentlemen have in plan for the mine are things like running electricity, camping sights, climbing and repelling area, did I mention lights in the mine. One thought was to have light switches through out the mine to turn lights off and on, that would make for an interesting game. They also have a desire to use this site and this great game of paintball to help develop strong youth who may not come from the best homes or not have the best living environments. The desire is to help youth find there voice in this world to help them discover who they are and what God has in store for there lives. This is a great mission indeed regardless of ones one personal views on faith. Having a place where underprivileged youth can come be in a safe place and know they they are appreciated and cared for is a rare thing indeed. Kids every where need this regardless of weather they come form the city or the hill of Appalachia.

If anyone wants to see pic just let me know.

Scoobshagg out

#9 User is offline   scoobshagg 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:16 AM

Here are some more pics of the mine

Attached File(s)

#10 User is offline   Invictusone 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Invictusone

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:50 PM

Were there bunkers on the field? if not, what did you use as cover?
I'm not out here to glorify myself
If you are a Christian paintballer add this to your signature
Automaggot 150
--------------------------------------------------------------
My feedback: http://forum.special...howtopic=184491

#11 User is offline   scoobshagg 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:10 PM

There were bunkers, some were the inflatable speedball type other bunkers included what you would find at any woods ball type feild. These pics are of the staging areas where they had lights so I could take pics out there but inside the playing field it was to dark so you really couldn't see anyting per say. But these pics give you an good idea of what the tunnels look like, the hight of the celing, and stuff like that. so even though this isn't the playing area the whole mine looks like something like this.

#12 User is offline   SUPERDAD 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SUPERDAD

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:30 AM

This sounds great! If you get a scenario or long weekend thing happening, let us know. We'll bring the bus over from Illinois.

#13 User is offline   scoobshagg 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:57 PM

Well we are looking at doing a senerio in November. Details are Limited right now but we will post more as November get closer.

#14 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:50 PM

Sweet deal. I just might attempt to make a trip there for a scenario. It all depends on how the finances fall, but I will put it on my list of potential events.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users