Special Ops Paintball: Jogging/Sprinting/Training? - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jogging/Sprinting/Training? What do you guys do to keep in shape? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   SwampThing 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:mach1muscle351

Posted 25 November 2007 - 03:18 AM

Daggers need to be the quick guys on the field. Just wondering what yall daggers do to keep quick. I jog 2-3 times a week and do sprinters (all out running in bursts) too every once and a while

#2 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 25 November 2007 - 05:54 PM

I play paintball :laugh:

I don't really exercise, but I do stay pretty active. Ultimate Frisbee is a good workout and construction on the weekends helps too.

A lot of it is more than just exercise. It's about being out in the elements and getting used to the cold or the sun beating down on you all day. If you can exercise in the environment you play in you have a good advantage. Running through the woods is a lot different than running on a track. You're carring equipment, you are often crouch walking, and having to take irregular steps to avoid tripping on things.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#3 User is offline   SwampThing 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2007 - 11:42 PM

View PostPiller, on Nov 25 2007, 05:54 PM, said:

I play paintball :dodgy:

I don't really exercise, but I do stay pretty active. Ultimate Frisbee is a good workout and construction on the weekends helps too.

A lot of it is more than just exercise. It's about being out in the elements and getting used to the cold or the sun beating down on you all day. If you can exercise in the environment you play in you have a good advantage. Running through the woods is a lot different than running on a track. You're carring equipment, you are often crouch walking, and having to take irregular steps to avoid tripping on things.

I'm 6'2" @ 165 lbs, playing paintball once a week wont keep me in shape. Paintball really isnt the best sport for exercise and staying in shape.

I don't jog on a track, boo to that. But wouldn't you be getting used to the cold and sun on the track too? Who would want to run around in a circle 10 times, boring to me. I run up in mountains, without gear. I don't like jogging with heavy eqpt on a regular basis. Idk if its true, but i've heard that its not the best for your joints. If I want to work on building muscle mass, I just hit the weights, calf raises and such.

#4 User is offline   Grave Robber 

• FTW
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Grave Robber

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:35 PM

Paintball really isnt the best sport for exercise and staying in shape.

That depends upon what kind of paintball your playing. I get one hell of a workout when im playing, but i play mostly scenarios and im going everywhere at probably a 80-90% sprint. Even in a recent tournament i played in i noticed that i was getting some good cardio in just sprinting off the break and then bumping the snake or running down the tapes.

#5 User is offline   thebostinian 

• SOFA Favorite Member Title 2009
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thebostinian

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:14 PM

View PostPiller, on Nov 25 2007, 07:54 PM, said:

ultimate FTW...possibly the greatest sport of all time.

"Yeah, but a thread that started out as borderline weird and creepy to begin with has now taken a left turn into 'Deliverance." - Violator
Don't try to pronounce the second "o". Instead, try realize the truth: there is no second "o"

#6 User is offline   SwampThing 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2007 - 05:52 PM

View PostGrave Robber, on Nov 26 2007, 09:35 PM, said:

Paintball really isnt the best sport for exercise and staying in shape.

That depends upon what kind of paintball your playing. I get one hell of a workout when im playing, but i play mostly scenarios and im going everywhere at probably a 80-90% sprint. Even in a recent tournament i played in i noticed that i was getting some good cardio in just sprinting off the break and then bumping the snake or running down the tapes.

This is true, but playing scenarios? "staying in shape" excercising once a month or so isnt really an effective way of staying in shape. I play every weekend, and I dont even think thats enough to stay in shape considering I sit on my arse all day at work.

"80-90% sprint." Good for you.... I dont sprint nearly that much unless im being shot at. I like to be able to hold my gun up when I move my way up through cover. Then again, I move aLOT so thats probably why I dont sprint everytime I move.

Yes playing paintball can keep you in shape if you play it that way. But I dont think its the "best sport" to be playing to keep you in shape. Daggers need to be quick and have stamina and need to be in shape. Daggers weapons are there legs... and brain of course :) .. Idk I wish playing a scenario every once and a while would keep me in shape.

Ultimate frisbee FTW??? ;) lol

Paintball > Ultimate frisbee!

#7 User is offline   tauman5263 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2007 - 06:20 PM

if you want to work on both speed and cardio, run a mile or something and every 100 or so meters, sprint a good 50 meters.

I practice my breakout every other day now, seeing which bunker is the best to go to and what is the fastest way to get there.

playing other sports helps tremendously, if you play other sports all year round, you will easily get in shape.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

Content inappropriate

#8 User is offline   Reset 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Reset

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:48 AM

:panzer: Iím in the ARMY so my job demands that I am in reasonable shape. Besides the usual running, pushups and situps I do very long road bike rides (6-8hrs pedal time) and mountain biking whenever possible.

#9 User is offline   HunterOfMen 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:OneShotExecuter

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:00 AM

Even though I'm not a Dagger, I'll still give you my workout tips.

I do karate, Ryuku Kempo to be exact, everyday but the weekends and Thursday. We do all sorts of body conditioning, cardio workouts, throws, breakfalls, you name it! My dojo's starting up a Thai Kickboxing course which I'm going to be doing, and from what I understand about it, it's a great workout and muscle builder. Also, having my 1st degree Black Belt (yay me!), if at any time on the paintball field some guy from the other team is giving you hell about whatever is TINKLEing him off, you have the added comfort of knowing multiple ways of putting him into holds, throws, joint locks, or incredibly uncomfortable positions in which he may break any number of bones or ligaments if he even moves a hair. Tis a wonderfully secure feeling! And having the build that I have (5'7" 115lbs (I blame having a virus twice which caused me to throw up much of my bulk)) makes it all the more humiliating for him when he tries something, then ends up on the ground crying in pain from his broken arm. However, fighting is bad, kids! And should be avoided at all costs!

Otherwise, get on a tread mill a few times a week, run a mile, walk a mile, run a mile, walk a mile, etc... I used to do that back when I did track, and it was great. To give the rest of your body a workout, lift some weighs, do sit-ups, crunches, leg lifts, push-ups, all that stuff.

This post has been edited by HunterOfMen: 29 November 2007 - 10:01 AM

#10 User is offline   Elfonso 

• South Paw.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Thunderbyrd

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:11 AM

View PostPiller, on Nov 26 2007, 01:54 AM, said:

I play paintball ;)

Yep. Paintball isn't really a physically demanding sports like normal sports. So you can play any position, and the farthest you're ever going to run is at most is 100 meters with rests in between.

But if you want to, do as cardiovascular exercise daily. i.e., running, biking, swimming. You don't even have to spend a lot of money, either. All you need is a pair of running shoes and forty five minutes set aside in your schedule.

BTW, something cool I learned yesterday was that for the first 30 minutes you exercise, you burn something like 80 percent carbs and 20 percent fat. But after that, you burn 80 percent fat and 20 percent carbs. So the trick is working out 45 minutes... Pretty cool, eh?

This post has been edited by Elfonso: 29 November 2007 - 10:12 AM

Paintballer AND Airsofter

98% of forum members have a stupid, far-fetched statistic like this in their sig. If you're in the 2% that don't, post this in your sig.

#11 User is offline   EPIC_Fox 

• filth.fm
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EPIC_Fox

Posted 29 November 2007 - 05:50 PM

I sit around the house on my buttocks :laugh:

but seriously, all i do is walk around my neighborhood and the local park. Thats it..and I play alot, thus running alot when I play.
Boss Paintball

#12 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 29 November 2007 - 06:03 PM

I you really want to design a workout, you should base it on what the position demands of you.
Sprinting: Straight up sprinting is a good start but consider that you will probably be changing direction frequently, and this should be incorporated. Also, if you are running distance, you should add in sprints every so often.

Distance Running: Build up your endurance

Cross Country Running What better way to adjust your body to the demands of running in the woods than by actually doing it.

Weight Lifting: Building muscle is a great idea but high repetition workouts are also a good idea. One thing that I found slows my play is muscle fatigue. Those high rep workouts reduces the amount of fatigue that I experience, allowing me to play longer.

This post has been edited by Knightwolf16: 29 November 2007 - 06:04 PM

"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#13 User is offline   lycanthrope 

• I always post in the Lounge! *thumbs up*
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:soleil

Posted 29 November 2007 - 06:18 PM

Well, I don't really have a set exercise routine, but I do my schools Spring Track (in the spring, lol). I run long distance, and in the summer, I run about 2-3 miles in the morning.
Tippmann Owner #89 :)
if your parents dont buy your gear, put this in your sig.

#14 User is offline   Monoxide 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Monoxide

Posted 02 December 2007 - 11:14 PM

My weekly routine.

Monday: Lift Legs
Warm-up jog
Squats
3 sets of barbell squats, adding 5-10lbs each set.
Trying to get 8-10 reps in each set.

Leg Press
Three sets at the highest weight you can do whilst maintaining 10 reps.
Dumbell Lunges
Do lunges while holding a dumbell in each hand.
Dumbells should be at highest weight while maintaining
ability to do sets of 15 meter increments.

Toe-raiser squats
Do one set of 100 toe raiser squats. Stand on a stepped surface while your
heels are hanging off. Mimic the motion of doing a dumbell squat and as you come up
rise to your toes, so you are standing tiptoed.

Cool-down jog.

Tuesday: Biceps and Shoulders
Isometric (Standard) Dumbell Curls
3 sets at highest weight possible while maintiaining ability to do 8-10 reps
the first two sets.

Barbell Curls
3 sets. Use the barbell used with the benchpress and add weight to your desired weight,
maintain ability to do 8-10 reps for the first two steps, add weight for the last set.

Vertical Curls
Same as Isometric curls except keep your wrists vertical to the ground as if you were 'jogging'.
Shoulder shrugs
Use with barbell or weight stable. Add desired weight , lift using your back and legs. Once the weight is
raised, lift using shoulder muscle, thus "shrugging" the weight up and down. 3 sets.

Military Press
Add weight to desired weight. Be able to do 8-10 reps
per set. 3 Sets.

Wednesday: Off

Thursday: Chest
Bench Press
3 Sets. Be able to do 8-10 reps for the first set, add each weight for each consecutive
set.

Incline Press
Read: Bench Press
Dumbell Benchpress
Holding two dumbells of desired weight, lean back onto a bench.
Use similar motion to the bench press, but with the two seperate dumbells in hand.
3 sets, be able to do 8-10 reps per set.

Butterflies
Use either a butterfly machine, or dumbells laying on a bench. 3 sets, 8-10 reps per set.
Decline Press (optional):
Same as benchpress, except you're declining downward.

Friday: Triceps.
Since yesterday you worked your triceps, just do some
nice tricep excercises with the lat-pulldown machine and dumbells.
With each lift maintain 8-10 reps, and three sets, the basic rule of thumb.

This post has been edited by Monoxide: 02 December 2007 - 11:15 PM

#15 User is offline   thebostinian 

• SOFA Favorite Member Title 2009
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thebostinian

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:23 PM

View PostSwampThing, on Nov 28 2007, 07:52 PM, said:

Ultimate frisbee FTW??? :wacko: lol

Paintball > Ultimate frisbee!

let's put it this way...i'd rather go play paintball, but i get a lot more frisbee in because it's a whole lot cheaper, and here at college i literally can walk out of my dorm and stumble onto a game...or i could, until it snowed. now we have to play in the gym :(

"Yeah, but a thread that started out as borderline weird and creepy to begin with has now taken a left turn into 'Deliverance." - Violator
Don't try to pronounce the second "o". Instead, try realize the truth: there is no second "o"

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users