Special Ops Paintball: Blackcell Operative Vest Durability - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blackcell Operative Vest Durability Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sinkhole 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Sinkhole

Post icon  Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:43 PM

Hello all. I'm just wondering if any one else has had durability issues with their Blackcell Operative vest? I've had mine just over a year, and have played 15 scenarios with it, since getting it. Its all but shot. The pod holders are all fraying on the top at the seems. The edging on the mesh in arm pit area has recently come free, the threads have all pulled out. I would have expected to get more than 15 games out of it, after spending $200 on this set up. I wouldn't be so upset if it was just the pods holders. I could have just ordered new ones. Oh yeah but wait I can't, they are Multi-cam and are no longer made. But now the edging is coming off the mesh. I guess it time to break out the needle and thread and limp this vest through the summer. Hopefully I can find something a lot more durable next time.

#2 User is offline   Hellspawn 

• A Fetching Fetcher
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:50 PM

thats kinda disheartening to hear, I just bought a 2nd generation operative vest with the thought that it would last me a very long time.
I guess ill have to just see or I could return it since im still within my 30 days. might have to think on that.

#3 Guest_MOATI_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:49 AM

This is certainly the first we've heard of any such issues.

Out of curiosity, how have you cared for and cleaned your vest?

#4 User is offline   Hellspawn 

• A Fetching Fetcher
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2008 - 11:26 AM

View PostMOATI, on May 16 2008, 07:49 AM, said:

This is certainly the first we've heard of any such issues.

Out of curiosity, how have you cared for and cleaned your vest?

I was thinking the same thing last night after I posted that, sounds like it might be from a washing machine?, I can only hope.
The quality on my vest looks extremely good, the stitching and everything.. I was trying to figure out what I would do to make it fray or come apart under normal play conditions and really couldnt think of anything other than having it beat up by a washing machine

#5 User is offline   archanglmikel 

• He is like fire and ice and rage....
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:archanglmikel

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:36 PM

I hate to sat it but i don't think it's a care & washing issue. I just got my operative vest and it was covered in frayed thread and missed stitches.
I'd have sent it back but its a refurb and i would be surprised if they would take it.

southeast brigade patches coming soon! Archanglmikel's feedback
Avatar made by my wife...please ask before you take...or she'll be forced to use her Freeze Ray.

#6 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:38 AM

I got the refurbished woodland vest and so far it's held it's own. Really with I could buy more things for it in woodland now. The only issue I have with it so far is the way the belt attaching goes and maybe a bit with the PALS webbing in that some pieces of gear shouldn't be attached to the vest...such as a butt pack. But other wise this vest has served me very well thus far and I hope this will be the only vest I'll need permanintly
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#7 User is offline   Herby 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Herby

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:23 PM

I also felt that my vest was not of the best quality there was frayed threads when I got it and missed/sloppy stitching, and it looked like a lot of the trip and such was made form left over scraps. I was kinda displeased, for the amount of money I spent on it, but now I have a custom vest and am much happier with it.

My molle pouches all had the crappiest pals in the world some pouches didn't even have enough pals to keep them fully secure I had broken snap buttons and all that. I took them into an nice old lady who knew a little something about sewing and stitching quality and she repaired all my soft goods for a very cheap price.

#8 User is offline   HOTCH 

• ^i make my own avatars^
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hotch

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:51 PM

my captain bought one of their vests and its still holding up after over a year. but he's not a very aggressive player so i guess it wouldn't take much damage.
Hotch
98 custom with 20" smartparts barrel
limited edition white invert mini
mkx alias rocket launcher

Total Resistance
- demolition

PbN feedback +4/-0

#9 User is offline   DiRTyBuNNy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:DiRTyBuNNy

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:53 AM

I'd like to see the OP post some pictures of his vest so that we can actually see the damage..

--DB

#10 User is offline   Caissey 

• Mmm Tasteeos Rock
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Tasteeos

Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:48 PM

I am guessing it is how you have cleaned it, washing machines/dryers ruin the vests faster. Any type of vest really. Hand washing with cold water and air drying is the best way to go. Last so much longer if done correctly.

#11 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:19 PM

View PostHOTCH, on Jul 30 2008, 04:51 PM, said:

my captain bought one of their vests and its still holding up after over a year. but he's not a very aggressive player so i guess it wouldn't take much damage.

Just because somebody doesn't push the equipment, doesn't mean the equipment can't take it. I am very hard on my Operative V2, and it's still doing just fine. I have some fraying on the rear mesh shell where the interlock surfaces of the pod pouches have been snagging it, I've resolved that by putting on some 2x2 loop patches to cover the hook areas on the pouches.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#12 User is offline   PLAGUE's Short Bus 

• Forum ninja....screw that! Forum PIRATE!!!!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:THE SHORT BUS

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:57 PM

yea, my operative vest is doing fine, i've put it through about what you have and the only difference is that it smells bad now.
The PLAGUE...............Paintball Just Got Sicker!

At the end of the day, it's the guy with the most heart that wins.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users